By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you live in fear of the Mods? Does Micro-management have to end on the Chartz? Come join Banned Anonymous and learn the 12 step process to never be banned again!

Here's your problem: People don't get banned for constructive criticism.

If you think a console isn't doing well, phrase it like, "and it failed to meet analyst expectations in the third quarter as well as not having any franchises that sell 1m+" rather than "it's a pile of shit".

If you think a person is wrong, say "I understand what you're saying but there's evidence that this thing you said was wrong and here's a better way of saying it" rather than calling them a "dueche".

If a person is flaming you, report it to a moderator or just ignore it. Imagine three people are standing behind you saying, "Leave him, spurge. He's not worth it". You said take a break from VGC when you're angry, I think that's actually a great idea.

If you're trying to be funny, there are far more clever ways of doing it than just saying something or someone sucks.

Around the Network

We have mods?

I'm not afraid of the mods at all. It's the half a dozen or so users who attack me whenever I say anything negative. In fact mods are my friends since they take care of these people.(mostly)

Only bad trolls are afraid of mods. "Good" users don't care and good trolls troll within the rules. Mods just enforce a certain standard of trolling (Which I'm absolutely grateful for!)

No. I dont think the mods are strict enough. There is some cases that i should have been banned and wasnt. And then there is ban I have that was an unwritten rule that I actualyl talked to the moderator about. Although I saw no reason in asking it to be uplifted. I think the moderating system on this site is sketchy and is unsure on what should be moderated. Specially the mixed messages that goes around.

Around the Network

Can't say I notice mods for the most part, unless they're just joining in conversation.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Can we sticky this?

Here's my rule book:

Step 1. Get Mod Protection
Step 2. Don't worry.

Tads can surely vouch for this... ;P

The only mod Im scared of is RolStoppable.

"When someone attacks you verbally on this site, just send a message to Badgenome or RolStoppable and ask if they will relay your message to that person. No one will get banned, and the user being bad mouthed will probably laugh and thank you for being so tactful."

That alone was worth the price of admission. Well done, Sprydizzle.

Seriously, though, I'm pretty content with the moderation on these forums. There are many, many forums much worse off. Also, is that how Ninten dopie does it? Hmm.