By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can Galaxy S4 Beat the IPhone or just another "Failed" Samsung Attempt ?

Samsung Galaxy S4 is coming soon, at least to Portugal and im pretty sure it will sell well, probably in line with Galaxy S3 but the question remains:

Can it finnally top IPhone ? 

I dont really care im just curious, i couldnt care less about Samsung Mobile or IPhone, the only companies i love in the Mobile are Nokia and Sony.

I Hope Lumia and Xperia Range start soon enough kicking Samsung and Apple butts. 

Around the Network

Who is Galaxy S4?

ethomaz said:
Who is Galaxy S4?

idk :c

no because everyone who prefers ios above android has to buy an iphone, samsung has a lot of good competition on the android platform even from themselve. maybe if htc, sony and some others stop to sell phones^^

I'd say no. Not much changed from S3 to S4 in terms of design, and people gobble up Iphones for breakfast.

I do see it happening in the future if a certain circumstance is met though.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Isn't samsung already bigger then Apple in mobile phones?

"Samsung sold 235 million mobile handsets in the year 2009.[44] At the end of the third quarter of 2010, the company had surpassed the 70 million unit mark in shipped phones, giving it a global marketshare of 22 percent, trailing Nokiaby 12 percent.[45] Overall, the company sold 280 million mobile phones in 2010, corresponding to a market share of 20.2 percent.[46] Partially owing to strong sales of the Samsung Galaxy range of smartphones, the company overtook Apple in worldwide smartphone sales during the third quarter 2011, with a total market share of 23.8 percent, compared to Apple's 14.6-percent share.[47] Samsung became the world's largest cellphone maker in 2012, with the sales of 45 million smart phones in the first quarter.[48]"

Gilgamesh said:

"Samsung sold 235 million mobile handsets in the year 2009.[44] At the end of the third quarter of 2010, the company had surpassed the 70 million unit mark in shipped phones, giving it a global marketshare of 22 percent, trailing Nokiaby 12 percent.[45] Overall, the company sold 280 million mobile phones in 2010, corresponding to a market share of 20.2 percent.[46] Partially owing to strong sales of the Samsung Galaxy range of smartphones, the company overtook Apple in worldwide smartphone sales during the third quarter 2011, with a total market share of 23.8 percent, compared to Apple's 14.6-percent share.[47] Samsung became the world's largest cellphone maker in 2012, with the sales of 45 million smart phones in the first quarter.[48]"

They have Phones selling for 50 bucks, that is normal xD

We are talking about IPhone vs Galaxy Line, not the entire Samsung Line.

Argh_College said:
Gilgamesh said:

They have Phones selling for 50 bucks, that is normal xD

We are talking about IPhone vs Galaxy Line, not the entire Samsung Line.

Well as of March 2011 Apple announced the Iphone line sold 100 million units and I wouldn't be to surprised if that number is around the 200 million range now maybe a bit more. There's not much solid numbers for each Iphone generation, but I didn't look hard though.

Now Samsungs got some numbers for their Galaxy phones:

Galaxy S - 24 million

Galaxy S2 - 40 million

Galaxy S3 - 50 million

Total: 114 million as of March 2013 in about 3 years compared to apples 6 years. So going by that and by the huge demand for the S4 coming out in a couple weeks I'd say it's only a matter of time for the Galaxy line of cell phones to surpasses the Iphone.

No

I don't think the SIV alone can surpass it, but the whole point of Android is that users get some sort of choice. You can get the Mega, the Note, the S, S Mini, Ace..... The problem is, people pay extra for Apple's brand, but Apple get discounts because they order in such large volumes. This means that to compete, the SIV is made of cheap plastic and the XPERIA Z is really expensive as it is made of glass.

The better news for us Sony fans is that the XPERIA Z has reportedly sold nearly 5m units already! Nowhere near an iPhone, but a great improvement in sales over the S (though I really love my S)