By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (Funny as hell) Man Slams Xbox 720 Always-Online Policy, Then Axes His 360

Somini said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I fell off my fucking chair! OMFG! THIS GUY IS AWESOME!!!

Here's a funny gif NEOGAF has made out of this video :D

Best part of the video! LOL!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
This video is the funniest things I have seen today and I really wish some of the people posting here would not get so upset about it.

No matter how much you like Microsoft, you have to admit that always online is a bad idea, and this guy just presented that point in an interesting way, adding in a little something at the end.

No I don't.  Explain it to me.

Several reasons.

1) Internet goes down occasionally in every country, including ours. I know because it has happened to me. It is considerably more common than a powercut, and more common still in rural areas. And Britain, being a European country, has some of the best internet infrastructure in the world.

2) Similarly, there are many countries in which internet data is limited and going above a limit either costs you money or bottlenecks your speed.

3) If the console assumes you will always be online with a fast connection, people with slow connections could have trouble.

4) This could only be a highly restrictive form of DRM, which would likely prevent the resale of used games.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
What a sorry example of a human being.

Also... I don't get it... why the axe?

Why didn't he just sit on it or stand on it?

Its an old Xbox, he could have done it the really hard way and played Gears 3 for an hour or so.

LMAO, that was some reply.

BasilZero said:
nightsurge said:
BasilZero said:
nightsurge said:
A few interesting comments come to mind:

1. That was probably the only exercise he has gotten in the last month.
2. Looks like he lives with his mother.

3. You seriously couldn't break plastic with an axe in one swing?!?!
4. Old Xbox so probably was RRoD/already broken/not being used as his primary xbox.
5. Good lord you are fat and annoying, Francis.

You've never seen any of his videos eh? (I didnt know he was using a fake voice :O)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=5Bg-GVzkOLI

Also he IS the Magic The Gathering guy that I saw XD

Subbing this guy.

I have not. It was definitely a fun video to watch!

If you've seen it before or the video I posted, it shows him doing the thing he did in the OP video about 3-4 different times or so. Meaning...that box you saw him axing might not even be a real system but just a box.

Just because the system is your favorite or not, doesnt mean you have to go all out on someone who has a different opinion or just because they broke something doesnt give you a reason to attack them  especially using tasteless comments (@bolded/italic/underlined ;x) based upon their appearance.

Also taking a youtube video seriously....especially when the uploader's content is based on comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQNiITMfuOQ

I am not sure where you are getting the impression that my statements are somehow out of anger or resentment because the console that was destroyed is a 360?

I made my comments purely out of comedic intent. Everyone here seems to think that it is bad to make a joke about someone? I am sure Francis does not care what we say and part of his popularity is because of his weight and voice. It adds to his comedy. I assumed his fatness, voice, breathlessness etc was all part of his intended humor :)

You guys need to lighten up on here! Calling people bigots over something that is all just a joke!

i came in here expecting to be complaining about another so called "funny" video that wasn't.

i am leaving assless because i laughed it off

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
nightsurge said:
BasilZero said:
nightsurge said:
BasilZero said:
nightsurge said:
A few interesting comments come to mind:

1. That was probably the only exercise he has gotten in the last month.
2. Looks like he lives with his mother.

3. You seriously couldn't break plastic with an axe in one swing?!?!
4. Old Xbox so probably was RRoD/already broken/not being used as his primary xbox.
5. Good lord you are fat and annoying, Francis.

You've never seen any of his videos eh? (I didnt know he was using a fake voice :O)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=5Bg-GVzkOLI

Also he IS the Magic The Gathering guy that I saw XD

Subbing this guy.

I have not. It was definitely a fun video to watch!

If you've seen it before or the video I posted, it shows him doing the thing he did in the OP video about 3-4 different times or so. Meaning...that box you saw him axing might not even be a real system but just a box.

Just because the system is your favorite or not, doesnt mean you have to go all out on someone who has a different opinion or just because they broke something doesnt give you a reason to attack them  especially using tasteless comments (@bolded/italic/underlined ;x) based upon their appearance.

Also taking a youtube video seriously....especially when the uploader's content is based on comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQNiITMfuOQ

I am not sure where you are getting the impression that my statements are somehow out of anger or resentment because the console that was destroyed is a 360?

I made my comments purely out of comedic intent. Everyone here seems to think that it is bad to make a joke about someone? I am sure Francis does not care what we say and part of his popularity is because of his weight and voice. It add's to comedy. I assumed his fatness, voice, breathlessness etc was all part of his intended humor :)

You guys need to lighten up on here! Calling people bigots over something that is all just a joke!

But you said you've never seen any of his videos before and now you have a different tone and taking words out of the last video lol. If you have seen a video of his before you wouldnt of posted the original content of your first post....

Making fun of a person's weight is just tasteless even if they dont care themselves, others might and will.

Keep the appearance-racial-etc humour/humor to the professionals imo ;x.

I don't see where my tone has changed at all. Taking words out of what video? I still have only seen the one of him in the OP.

And lmao, oh so it only ok for "professionals" to use bigotry/racial humor? I guess I missed that memo.

You people need to really lighten up. This whole entire thread/video is based around a joke and yet some of you don't like jokes about the guy in the video? Makes no sense. Nothing here is meant sersiously so please stop taking things seriously.

i predict 100's of thousands more like this, PPL will be annoyed if 720 is an always on console

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

BasilZero said:
nightsurge said:

I don't see where my tone has changed at all. Taking words out of what video? I still have only seen the one of him in the OP.

And lmao, oh so it only ok for "professionals" to use bigotry/racial humor? I guess I missed that memo.

You people need to really lighten up. This whole entire thread/video is based around a joke and yet some of you don't like jokes about the guy in the video? Makes no sense. Nothing here is meant sersiously so please stop taking things seriously.

I never used the term bigotry nor am I calling you that. I'm just saying what you said was wrong and that you shouldnt of judged a person without actually doing some research on the person or know about the person (i.e. you saying you never seen any of his videos before) - nothing more and nothing less. Not gonna report you cause it could of been a honest mistake.

The reason why I say professionals, probably the wrong word, how about well known people or people of the same archetype? Iuno, but I hope you got that memo at least.

The video is fine, your post isnt - no point in sugarcoating your post. Not only because it offends people who are fat but people who live with their parents still for various reasons.

Your right, you did not use that word, others have. But you are the one that seems to keep making an issue out of this.

I am not judging anyone, I am making a joke. This is a forum on the internet and the thread video was posted as a joke. I followed suit. It is ridiculous that you try to paint a picture of me doing something OH SO WRONG when the video in the OP could offend people like crazy in a million different ways. Vulgar language, hate crimes against a device/brand, harsh vocal tones, etc. But you know why people aren't offended and reporting the OP? Because it was a joke.

I did nothing wrong, so I see nothing you could report to begin with.

Ah I see, so only people who are famous comedians are allowed to make jokes now. Makes sense, I guess.

You are still reading way too far into this whole thread if you think my post (and not the OP/video... hypocritical perhaps?) is offensive.

Skeeuk said:

i predict 100's of thousands more like this, PPL will be annoyed if 720 is an always on console

I was raised in a house that doesnt leave their products on because it increases the power bill. If the 720 always has to be online they can suck a dick. I'll just play it elsewhere.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Skeeuk said:

I was raised in a house that doesnt leave their products on because it increases the power bill. If the 720 always has to be online they can suck a dick. I'll just play it elsewhere.

The added cost of your electricity bill by leaving the new Xbox in it's low power "always on" state would only amount to about $3-5 a year.