By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars Wii U Runs at 720p 30fps, Will ‘Look & Feel Amazing’

ghost_of_fazz said:
Wow what the hell Nintendo, even Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 was 60 frames per second. Now we can confirm that the Wii U's power is below a 6th generation console...

;)

Nintendo isn't developing this game. In fact this game is also coming to PS3 and 360.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
superchunk said:
I don't think I've ever noticed difference in FPS unless the game was massively dropping framerate. If its constant... meh who cares.... 30 or 60 it'll be the same to me.

However, I'm not a racing sim type of person anyways. I'd play MK WAAAAAAAAAY before I'd ever consider this.

You only MK because it's 60fps.

Hopefully you are joking, because not all MK games are 60fps.

VGKing said:
justinian said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

Yes, it really does. If they could have done 1080p @ 30FPS or 720p at 60FPS....they would have done it.

I think what justinian is saying is that it is possible (and you cannot argue this since you wouldn't know) that the game, as a whole, is locked at 720p @ 30fps.  Meaning all versions, even PC, runs at this framerate and resolution.  It may sound unlikely, but it is far from impossible.

Sal.Paradise said:
F0X said:

Need for Speed: Shift ran at 30 FPS and it was about as critically acclaimed as Gran Turismo 5.

Btw, this game has the same developer.

Hahaha, Need For Speed Shift is not a simulation game. 

yeah he wouldn't say that if he had played the game. While they were trying to make it look like a motorsports game instead of an illegal street racer, it doesn't play like a realistic racer at all.

RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

Yes, it really does. If they could have done 1080p @ 30FPS or 720p at 60FPS....they would have done it.

Another Sony stealth trolling post from you. Just because the PS3 versions of games like Bayonetta, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 didn't run well doesn't mean that the PS3 isn't capable of more.

The wii-u definetly can do that, as I'm sure you know. They just have to tone down effects, cut things in the background, optimize better, or whatever to get closer to 60FPS or 1080p. 

To me it's a questionable design decision on their part to not have a racing sim at 60 FPS, but they wouldn't be the first to make it. The new Killzone could definitely be 60 FPS, but like this they'd rather have eye candy at 30 FPS than the ultra smooth 60 FPS. And generally that's what DEVS are going to choose because it screenshots well, looks more desirable and youtube videos don't display 60FPS anyways.

Around the Network

How can peeps not tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps?

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

VGKing said:
justinian said:

The PS3 obviously can't handle Half-Life 2 without constantly dropping below 20fps then, because if it could, then they would have done it.

F0X said:
ryuzaki57 said:
F0X said:
ryuzaki57 said:
What is project cars and why haven't we seen even one screen of it?

The WiiU's only sim racer of note, brought to you by the makers of Need For Speed: Shift.

(PC screenshot)

So is it for PS4/Nextbox too? When is it due to release?

It's also supposed to be released for PS3 and 360 circa November 2013.

I find it funny that the developer talks about "next-gen" when the game is probably also going to run at 720p at 30 fps on PS3/360 and not be significantly different from the PC version.

Who said the game would run at 720p at 30 fps on the PS3 and 360?? Source?

MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

I think what justinian is saying is that it is possible (and you cannot argue this since you wouldn't know) that the game, as a whole, is locked at 720p @ 30fps.  Meaning all versions, even PC, runs at this framerate and resolution.  It may sound unlikely, but it is far from impossible.

I'm pretty sure the PC version will run at 1080p 60FPS. PC games let you freely adjust its graphical settings to run better depending on your PC setup.
If the Wii U was able to run this game at a better resolution and/or framerate, the developers would have done it. Since it's not, it means they are making compromises due to technical limitations. 

VGKing said:
MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

I'm pretty sure the PC version will run at 1080p 60FPS. PC games let you freely adjust its graphical settings to run better depending on your PC setup.
If the Wii U was able to run this game at a better resolution and/or framerate, the developers would have done it. Since it's not, it means they are making compromises due to technical limitations. 

Are you intentionally ignoring everything I said?