By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars Wii U Runs at 720p 30fps, Will ‘Look & Feel Amazing’

spurgeonryan said:
Is it just me, or is this game going to bomb?

Also, I hope he Wii U version is better.

It's going to bomb hard.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Unless it performs a lot worse than developer's claims I doubt it will bomb. Will it break box office records though? Probably not.

RolStoppable said:
OdinHades said:
There are only two genres that require 60 fps imo. And that would be Beat em ups and Race games. I don't care about 720p, that's fine for me.

Remember the times when everybody was like "oh my gawd, Wii U is going to do 1080/60p all over the place!". When I said "no" back then, I was called a hater. :)

Oh, and remember all that "PS4 won't be stronger than Wii U" blah blah? Where are all those people who said stuf like that? :P

No, because your account was created in 2013. I take it, that's your way of asking for an IP check on yourself?

Surprisingly, vgchartz isn't the only forum in the world! It was mainly on german 4players.de, just in case you wanna know, which I doubt. :P 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Barozi said:
curl-6 said:
hsrob said:

I guess my post was more aimed at the idea that we are going to see 60fps across the board next gen, to be honest I just don't see it happening.  Not that the hardware won't be capable of running the kind of games we have now at 1080p 60fps with ease, it's just that I think developers are always interested in pushing the envelope and when that happens frame rate is often the first thing to go.

This.

The whole "next gen will be 60fps standard" thing gets trotted out every time a new generation rolls around, and it's already wrong. I remember people saying it about the Gamecube and PS2 back in the day.

60FPS is already the standard for sim racers and beat'em ups though. Why expect less suddenly ?

Forza 2-4
GT5
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Tekken 6
Dead or Alive 4, 5
Soul Calibur IV, V
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
... and more

all 60 FPS.

I hate to nitpick, but I'm not sure why anyone would refer to games as "Beat 'Em Ups".

There are two very specific, very different genres of video game. There are "Beat 'Em Ups", such as Double Dragon, Final Fight, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, etc.

And then there are "Fighting Games", typically One on One vs. games, such as Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, etc.

Just saying. They are not the same thing.