By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars Wii U Runs at 720p 30fps, Will ‘Look & Feel Amazing’

MDMAlliance said:
Chrizum said:
MDMAlliance said:
Chrizum said:
MDMAlliance said:

Hopefully you are joking, because not all MK games are 60fps.

Mario Kart Wii definitely is, and to my knowledge so are Double Dash!! and MK7.

I may not have played all the Mario Kart games, but I do not recall MK64 running 60fps.

MK64 runs at ~25fps. What is your point?

Oh, it was just that Mario Kart's appeal isn't its framerate, and it functioned as a kart racer without 60fps.  That's all.

Wait, now I see the typo in my original post. I meant to say "you only like MK because it's 60fps". And that's true. Before MK went 60fps, it was an unplayable mess. That's why Sonic was better than Mario, it was 60fps because of blast processing.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

Yes, it really does. If they could have done 1080p @ 30FPS or 720p at 60FPS....they would have done it.

The PS3 obviously can't handle Half-Life 2 without constantly dropping below 20fps then, because if it could, then they would have done it.

Of course it can. That game is a bad port by a developer who wasn't familiar with the PS3 very early in the PS3's life cycle where it was notoriously hard to develop for.

So... just like the Wii U version of Project CARS.

Not at all. PS3 was an over-engineerd console. You could even called it Alien.

Wii U isn't anywhere near as hard to develop for as PS3 was. The only thing holding Wii U games back are its specs. Of course, it the game was exclusive to Wii U, they probably could push the consoles, bu that is just wishful thinking. I think the fact that this game is even coming to Wi U should be celebrated. We should ignore these types of articles seeing as how these things tend to be proven wrong once the game releases. Remember the 1080p 60fps Black Ops 2 rumors? 

Could Wii U be able to run this game in 1080p @ 60FPS? As far as we know, NO IT CAN'T. 

The Wii U is still a new console with customized hardware that devs are not familiar with and don't have engines tailored for. It's absolutely being held back by this, just like every console ever. The idea that the Wii U is somehow magically maxed out already is absurd. It takes years of experience to max out any console.

It may never get maxed out. It's no secret that the 3rd party games have a hard time selling on Nintendo platforms. So don't hold your breath.

Project Cars dont' run at 1080p or 60FPS on Wii U. That is a fact. Whether it can run other games at 720p @60ps or 1080p @30fps....let's take it on a game by game basis. 

Battlefield 4 is rumored to run at 720p @ 60FPS on PS4/NextBox. Do you think Wii U will be more in line with the PS4 or the PS3 version?

Wii was never maxed out but there was still a considerable graphical improvement over its lifespan.

Just because a  game DOESN'T do something doesn't necessarily mean it CAN'T.

If there is a Wii U version it will obviously be closer to the PS3 one, both for power and business reasons. But the possible Wii U version is probably just going to be a PS3/360 port without console-specific enhancement.

dahuman said:

I vaguely remember this frames per second type of talk in the new KZ and people defending it while realistically 30FPS is not enough for shooters either, either way, I don't think 30FPS is good enough so I'm of course getting the PC version since my G27 needs some new blood! Also, VGKING, PC goes higher than 1080p, been that way for years.

Which PC? You need to be more specific.

curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

Yes, it really does. If they could have done 1080p @ 30FPS or 720p at 60FPS....they would have done it.

The PS3 obviously can't handle Half-Life 2 without constantly dropping below 20fps then, because if it could, then they would have done it.

Of course it can. That game is a bad port by a developer who wasn't familiar with the PS3 very early in the PS3's life cycle where it was notoriously hard to develop for.

So... just like the Wii U version of Project CARS.

Not at all. PS3 was an over-engineerd console. You could even called it Alien.

Wii U isn't anywhere near as hard to develop for as PS3 was. The only thing holding Wii U games back are its specs. Of course, it the game was exclusive to Wii U, they probably could push the consoles, bu that is just wishful thinking. I think the fact that this game is even coming to Wi U should be celebrated. We should ignore these types of articles seeing as how these things tend to be proven wrong once the game releases. Remember the 1080p 60fps Black Ops 2 rumors? 

Could Wii U be able to run this game in 1080p @ 60FPS? As far as we know, NO IT CAN'T. 

The Wii U is still a new console with customized hardware that devs are not familiar with and don't have engines tailored for. It's absolutely being held back by this, just like every console ever. The idea that the Wii U is somehow magically maxed out already is absurd. It takes years of experience to max out any console.

It may never get maxed out. It's no secret that the 3rd party games have a hard time selling on Nintendo platforms. So don't hold your breath.

Project Cars dont' run at 1080p or 60FPS on Wii U. That is a fact. Whether it can run other games at 720p @60ps or 1080p @30fps....let's take it on a game by game basis. 

Battlefield 4 is rumored to run at 720p @ 60FPS on PS4/NextBox. Do you think Wii U will be more in line with the PS4 or the PS3 version?

Wii was never maxed out but there was still a considerable graphical improvement over its lifespan.

If there is a Wii U version it will obviously be closer to the PS3 one, both for power and business reasons. But the possible Wii U version is probably just going to be a PS3/360 port without console-specific enhancement.

But you can't prove it can. So we can only assume that it can't.

VGKing said:

By that logic should we assume the PS3 can't stay above 20fps while playing Half Life 2? Because it didn't in Orange Box.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:

By that logic should we assume the PS3 can't stay above 20fps while playing Half Life 2? Because it didn't in Orange Box.

There are plenty of FPS games that run perfectly fine on PS3. 

VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:

There are now, but back in 2007 it was easy to assume that the inferior PS3 ports meant the system was just weaker. I for one maintained that the PS3 just needed time to find its feet, just as I say now of the Wii U.

curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:

There are now, but back in 2007 it was easy to assume that the inferior PS3 ports meant the system was just weaker. I for one maintained that the PS3 just needed time to find its feet, just as I say now of the Wii U.

PS3 actually had an excuse for shitty ports...it was extremely hard to develop for. Wii U isn't.

VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:

PS3 actually had an excuse for shitty ports...it was extremely hard to develop for. Wii U isn't.

Developers are still inexperienced with the Wii U hardware, and putting little effort into pushing it. The 360 was easy to program for but it still took a year before a game showed is real muscle (Gears of War) and far longer for its best looking games to  start to emerge.

One thing that gets me about the negative opinions concerning the Wii U is there may be less that we know about the Wii U than we don't know yet people are so sure at what it lacks. The initial post in this thread many use that to confirm that the Wii U can't do any more than 720p and 30fps. If, you look closer you will pay attention to words like probably and likely. The Wii U seems to take a while to get the most out of it even for Nintendo. A lot of folks still think think the Wii U has a power 7 processor which is not true. http://hothardware.com/News/IBM-Confirms-WII-U-Utilizes-PowerBased-CPU-Not-Power-7/ http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/34683.wss At a minimum over 10x the cache and a higher clock speed is a big improvement over the Wii. Still a lot is unknown without the CPU benchmarked. The GPU much is unknown about too, but specs known most closely resembles a 5550. How can anyone else be sure what the Wii U is capable of til Nintendo themselves does?

I think few understand what Nintendo was truly aiming up with the Wii U. In one word balance. They wanted the most powerful system they could that doesn't cost a mortgage payment, while being very energy efficient that was backward compatible. It seems to be a system based on teamwork. Everything inside working together. Like fighting the 5 mechanical lions and fighting Voltron is two different things so is the parts of the Wii U separately versus together. It looks to be a system where the load is shared. The fact that developers get games up and running and rather quickly should tell us something. The major grunt work doesn't seem to be the problem. It seems to be a fine tuning issue. Getting the frame rates stable and knowing how to get it to do what you want seems to be the main issue for making games for it. The Wii U has more of a perception problem. Since the perception is perceived as reality it really has become a problem for the Wii U.