By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars Wii U Runs at 720p 30fps, Will ‘Look & Feel Amazing’

DieAppleDie said:
WiiU is a waste, who in the world would like to play a game at 30fps?
720p at 30fps is available on PC since 1998, is just ridiculous. Nintendo are getting so behind of times isnt even funny, they should better start making those cards again, cause videogames arent looking good.

You must not be aware that MOST games run at 30fps, and that isn't going to change on PS4 or Xbox3. Will not change. Why? Because most developers, even with lots of power to use, have much use for 60fps, it's just kind of overkill.

Around the Network

Those are gorgeous pictures. Would love to see them in action.

And video link for the lazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNiAvRIqgBM

It looks good, but at 720p 30fps, I’ll just stick with Forza 4.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

PS3 Alpha sceens

Probably replay mode or whatever but should give you an idea of what the PS360U versions will look like

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Zappykins said:

Doesn't look any better the forza 4 and GT5, but at 30 fps its  unimpressive, especially since it trying to be a realistic sim racer.

Zappykins said:

Woah that actually looks really good! Oh and wtf you talkin bout boy?

Around the Network

There are only two genres that require 60 fps imo. And that would be Beat em ups and Race games. I don't care about 720p, that's fine for me.

Remember the times when everybody was like "oh my gawd, Wii U is going to do 1080/60p all over the place!". When I said "no" back then, I was called a hater. :)

Oh, and remember all that "PS4 won't be stronger than Wii U" blah blah? Where are all those people who said stuf like that? :P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Locked 30fps is fine for a game like this. (60fps would be nicer ;))

I honestly think people expecting 60fps to become some kinda of standard next generation are going to be disappointed. Developers will always have a finite amount of power to work with and at some point they have to make the decision regarding frames versus effects. It depends on the genre of game but a stable 30fps will often be seen as less of a compromise that the amount of particles, textures etc. that have to be sacrificed to get a game to run at a stable 60fps (versus 30)

People use the PC as an example of what can be achieved with more power i.e. >60fps and >1080p but this is not achievable on PC purely because they have more power than consoles. This happens on PC because developers have to make games that will run acceptably i.e. usually 30fps+ on a very wide range of hardware. That is to say they are always developing with the/a lowest common denominator in mind and will want the game to run better than acceptably on a level of graphics hardware that is widely available. There will always be a percentage of the PC gaming community that have hardware that far outstrips the target hardware that most developers have in mind, and these are the people that get to run their games at 60+fps and 1080p+.

My two cents.

hsrob said:

Locked 30fps is fine for a game like this. (60fps would be nicer ;))

I honestly think people expecting 60fps to become some kinda of standard next generation are going to be disappointed. Developers will always have a finite amount of power to work with and at some point they have to make the decision regarding frames versus effects. It depends on the genre of game but a stable 30fps will often be seen as less of a compromise that the amount of particles, textures etc. that have to be sacrificed to get a game to run at a stable 60fps (versus 30)

People use the PC as an example of what can be achieved with more power i.e. >60fps and >1080p but this is not achievable on PC purely because they have more power than consoles. This happens on PC because developers have to make games that will run acceptably i.e. usually 30fps+ on a very wide range of hardware. That is to say they are always developing with the/a lowest common denominator in mind and will want the game to run better than acceptably on a level of graphics hardware that is widely available. There will always be a percentage of the PC gaming community that have hardware that far outstrips the target hardware that most developers have in mind, and these are the people that get to run their games at 60+fps and 1080p+.

My two cents.

I would bet a farm on GT6 and forza 5, being 1080p/60fp. were talking about realistic sim racers here, 60fps is a must, an arade arcer can be 30fps but i'm thinking with powerful hardware nextgen most racers will be 60fps, i don't think racers will strain the hardware much nextgen.

I am not going to buy this unless it runs at 240fps.

Pachofilauri said:
Th3PANO said:
wow, since when is 30 fps unplayable? if it is fixed at 30 fps i dont really see a problem. funny thing is killzone 4 runs at 30 fps too and everyone is quiet.....

woooow, avatar copyright infringement

psshhhh, if you didn't want to be copied why'd you choose a Nintendo avatar?