By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars Wii U Runs at 720p 30fps, Will ‘Look & Feel Amazing’

RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

Yes, it really does. If they could have done 1080p @ 30FPS or 720p at 60FPS....they would have done it.

Another Sony stealth trolling post from you. Just because the PS3 versions of games like Bayonetta, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 didn't run well doesn't mean that the PS3 isn't capable of more.

Horrible comparison. Those games you mentioned are just bad ports.
What we're talking about here is what the Wii U is capable of, not how bad or good this port will run.

The game is targeting 720p @ 30FPS on Wii U. There are obvious reasons for that and I explained them in a reply to another user above. Feel free to read it.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

Yes, it really does. If they could have done 1080p @ 30FPS or 720p at 60FPS....they would have done it.

Another Sony stealth trolling post from you. Just because the PS3 versions of games like Bayonetta, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 didn't run well doesn't mean that the PS3 isn't capable of more.

The wii-u definetly can do that, as I'm sure you know. They just have to tone down effects, cut things in the background, optimize better, or whatever to get closer to 60FPS or 1080p. 

To me it's a questionable design decision on their part to not have a racing sim at 60 FPS, but they wouldn't be the first to make it. The new Killzone could definitely be 60 FPS, but like this they'd rather have eye candy at 30 FPS than the ultra smooth 60 FPS. And generally that's what DEVS are going to choose because it screenshots well, looks more desirable and youtube videos don't display 60FPS anyways.

Exactly. Higher resolution or FPS would mean compromises to the Wii U version. These devs want to make this game as equal to the other versions as possible with the least amount of compromise.

VGKing said:
MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

I think what justinian is saying is that it is possible (and you cannot argue this since you wouldn't know) that the game, as a whole, is locked at 720p @ 30fps.  Meaning all versions, even PC, runs at this framerate and resolution.  It may sound unlikely, but it is far from impossible.

I'm pretty sure the PC version will run at 1080p 60FPS. PC games let you freely adjust its graphical settings to run better depending on your PC setup.
If the Wii U was able to run this game at a better resolution and/or framerate, the developers would have done it. Since it's not, it means they are making compromises due to technical limitations. 

Or, more likely, that they aren't putting the time, resources effort into pushing the platform that hard as they don't expect it to be a hit.

curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

The PS3 obviously can't handle Half-Life 2 without constantly dropping below 20fps then, because if it could, then they would have done it.

Of course it can. That game is a bad port by a developer who wasn't familiar with the PS3 very early in the PS3's life cycle where it was notoriously hard to develop for.

curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
MDMAlliance said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

I think what justinian is saying is that it is possible (and you cannot argue this since you wouldn't know) that the game, as a whole, is locked at 720p @ 30fps.  Meaning all versions, even PC, runs at this framerate and resolution.  It may sound unlikely, but it is far from impossible.

I'm pretty sure the PC version will run at 1080p 60FPS. PC games let you freely adjust its graphical settings to run better depending on your PC setup.
If the Wii U was able to run this game at a better resolution and/or framerate, the developers would have done it. Since it's not, it means they are making compromises due to technical limitations. 

Or, more likely, that they aren't putting the time, resources effort into pushing the platform that hard as they don't expect it to be a hit.

Sure, that could be the reason as well, but it's not secret that the Wii U isn't exactly a powerhouse.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

The PS3 obviously can't handle Half-Life 2 without constantly dropping below 20fps then, because if it could, then they would have done it.

Of course it can. That game is a bad port by a developer who wasn't familiar with the PS3 very early in the PS3's life cycle where it was notoriously hard to develop for.

So... just like the Wii U version of Project CARS.

curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

Not at all. PS3 was an over-engineerd console. You could even called it Alien.

Wii U isn't anywhere near as hard to develop for as PS3 was. The only thing holding Wii U games back are its specs. Of course, it the game was exclusive to Wii U, they probably could push the consoles, bu that is just wishful thinking. I think the fact that this game is even coming to Wi U should be celebrated. We should ignore these types of articles seeing as how these things tend to be proven wrong once the game releases. Remember the 1080p 60fps Black Ops 2 rumors? 

Could Wii U be able to run this game in 1080p @ 60FPS? As far as we know, NO IT CAN'T. 

VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
curl-6 said:
VGKing said:
justinian said:

Not at all. PS3 was an over-engineerd console. You could even called it Alien.

Wii U isn't anywhere near as hard to develop for as PS3 was. The only thing holding Wii U games back are its specs. Of course, it the game was exclusive to Wii U, they probably could push the consoles, bu that is just wishful thinking. I think the fact that this game is even coming to Wi U should be celebrated. We should ignore these types of articles seeing as how these things tend to be proven wrong once the game releases. Remember the 1080p 60fps Black Ops 2 rumors? 

Could Wii U be able to run this game in 1080p @ 60FPS? As far as we know, NO IT CAN'T. 

The Wii U is still a new console with customized hardware that devs are not familiar with and don't have engines tailored for. It's absolutely being held back by this, just like every console ever. The idea that the Wii U is somehow magically maxed out already is absurd. It takes years of experience to max out any console.

Looks like a game that I will be picking up for my Wii U!

Also what Nintendo should do is go to an event and invite different devs. Then tech them how to work with the Wii u and how to build an engine/game for it to run using its full power!!

VGKing said:
ghost_of_fazz said:
Wow what the hell Nintendo, even Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 was 60 frames per second. Now we can confirm that the Wii U's power is below a 6th generation console...

;)

Nintendo isn't developing this game. In fact this game is also coming to PS3 and 360.

It doesn't matters, it's Nintendo's fault that the developer lacks any experience in optimizing the Wii U's hardware, and it's Nintendo's fault that the hardware was maxed out by this game in the first year of the console.