By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars Wii U Runs at 720p 30fps, Will ‘Look & Feel Amazing’

superchunk said:
I don't think I've ever noticed difference in FPS unless the game was massively dropping framerate. If its constant... meh who cares.... 30 or 60 it'll be the same to me.

However, I'm not a racing sim type of person anyways. I'd play MK WAAAAAAAAAY before I'd ever consider this.

You need to embrace hyperrealism SuperC, thats the only way.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I'll buy it, if it isn't a bastard version and gets released day and date with other versions.

EDIT: Did some research and it looks like Race Driver GRID ran at 30 fps. So what's there to say to people who downplay Project Cars because of 30 fps? Your problem.

What's to say is that Grid is an arcade racer, whereas Project Cars is a sim racer. Different standards for different games; any sim racer worth its salt aims for 60fps. 

Wow what the hell Nintendo, even Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 was 60 frames per second. Now we can confirm that the Wii U's power is below a 6th generation console...

;)

I'm not surprised about the 720p resolution, but the 30fps is disappointing. Sim racers should run at 60fps.

Sal.Paradise said:
RolStoppable said:

I'll buy it, if it isn't a bastard version and gets released day and date with other versions.

EDIT: Did some research and it looks like Race Driver GRID ran at 30 fps. So what's there to say to people who downplay Project Cars because of 30 fps? Your problem.

What's to say is that Grid is an arcade racer, whereas Project Cars is a sim racer. Different standards for different games; any sim racer worth its salt aims for 60fps. 

Need for Speed: Shift ran at 30 FPS and it was about as critically acclaimed as Gran Turismo 5.

Btw, this game has the same developer.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

superchunk said:
I don't think I've ever noticed difference in FPS unless the game was massively dropping framerate. If its constant... meh who cares.... 30 or 60 it'll be the same to me.

However, I'm not a racing sim type of person anyways. I'd play MK WAAAAAAAAAY before I'd ever consider this.

You only MK because it's 60fps.

Th3PANO said:
wow, since when is 30 fps unplayable? if it is fixed at 30 fps i dont really see a problem. funny thing is killzone 4 runs at 30 fps too and everyone is quiet.....

1080p 30FPS. IMO, all next-gen games should have either 1080p or 60FPS. But whether or not Wii U is a next-gen console is a discussion for another thread.

F0X said:
Sal.Paradise said:
RolStoppable said:

Need for Speed: Shift ran at 30 FPS and it was about as critically acclaimed as Gran Turismo 5.

Btw, this game has the same developer.

Hahaha, Need For Speed Shift is not a simulation game. 

justinian said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. So they going to make it 720@30, big deal. This doesn't mean the wii u couldn't have done it 1080@30 or 720@60. This just means that they choose 720@30.

To be perfectly honest this could be a cost cutting exercise in reflection to the poor wii u sales. I don't know for sure, I am just saying.
Realistically I don't see the wii u version of the game making the developers rich... if any version indeed does.

Yes, it really does. If they could have done 1080p @ 30FPS or 720p at 60FPS....they would have done it.