By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521
NightDragon83 said:
Deyon said:
Look at the weakly chartz and tell me who's the top dog console.

Yeah it's Sony.

Didn't take long for someone to answer OP's question lol.

Congratulations... only took 6 years for Sony to be "top dog" of the weekly charts!  That is until Nintendo drops the price of the Wii U and the next MH game for 3DS comes out in Japan.

In 2011 the PS3 was the top selling platform Worldwide. If youre gonna try be clever, at least look up the numbers before.

Around the Network

I see nothing wrong with excitement for the PS4 or for other Sony products, but I do agree that some of us Sony supporters tend to get carried away too easily. Slinging unnecessary slights at other companies or formulating overblown expectations usually leads to a soured mood in the thread.

The WiiU has been around for awhile and we only just recently got news of the PS4. So hype is bound to follow. It'll be the same whenever MS shows their console.

no there not over confident sony will always have japan and EU on lock compared to MS, 1st in sales next gen is sony's spot to lose

tech wise they have the right to boost aswell it wont face the same issues ps3 did its a dev friendly console with the fastest type and as of right now the most RAM

the only thing i feel is there 1st party SW so far from what weve seen it doesnt look noteworthy. new KZ, a series that was dubbed halo killer back in the ps2 days look at it now compared to halo and infamous SS a sequel to an average ps3 series. even with UC3 on the ps4 in 2014 its not enough i want to see something new and fresh like what we had with MGS, RE, tombraider, driver and twisted metal on the ps1

Play Me

maximrace said:

Lately a lot of threads start popping up praising the ps4 great functions and saying it will win nextgen hands down. Meanwhile their biggest opponent hasn't announced anything yet.

Or threads praising certain sony products while the company itself is still in dire financial problems.

So just an easy question; do you think sony fans are getting over confident?

Breaking News:
Alot (NOT ALL!) Sony fans are  old ladies with crystal balls that can see the future thats why  because I doubt that so man people can be that ignorant on purpose (no offense remember I said NOT ALL just alot xD)

Its some sort of self defence. They dont know what to do to help sony thats why they come up with fantasy stories to convince outsiders that Sony is DA KING!  Might even be successful since alot of humans believe everything they hear and see  no matter what.  Oh look a flying pig! REALLY? WHERE?!?

Around the Network

Let them have their moment.

Something's getting discontinued in the West anytime now. (Kinda joking)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Deyon said:
Look at the weakly chartz and tell me who's the top dog console.

Yeah it's Sony.

This and last year even the biggest month(CoD AND Halo Month) of the "biggest" enemy wasn't enough to get a grip on the PS3.6 years in a row now the PS3 is crushing the competition at least 11/12 months a year.
Sony lost a lot thanks to the mistakes they made with the architecture,price and the later launch but they still will finish with ease at 2nd place.
Pretty good for someone who got betrayed by the whole industry.

The PS4 is doing EVERYTHING right as it looks right now.Every 3rd Party Developer is behind Sony and is loving the console.
Even those who hated the PS3 more than anything on this planet cause it was too complicated.
Sony has the games.The power.The support.The best online experience and now the best hardware to develop for cause its easy to learn.

If you have this you can be confident.This is pure realism and we can be pretty sure Sony will keep this up cause they came back from the bottom after
this bad start and surely don't want to have this a 2nd time.
The others are a little bit too confident cause you won't even have a chance against Sony this time if you continue what you did since 2008.

maximrace said:

Lately a lot of threads start popping up praising the ps4 great functions and saying it will win nextgen hands down. Meanwhile their biggest opponent hasn't announced anything yet.

Or threads praising certain sony products while the company itself is still in dire financial problems.

So just an easy question; do you think sony fans are getting over confident?

How does one exclude the other? People can't enjoy products if the manufacturer is having financial trouble?

OT: Some people are going overboard for sure, there is a lot of unrealistic hyperbole being flung around. But, this is always so when a new console is announced and release is closing in.

Just talking about comments in those threads. And I'm not saying it is like that or pointing to individuals. I'm just asking a question to get the community stance on this...

And do not confuse the charts with over confidence. It's not because ps3 is the top console the ps4 will be.

Of course they are. And it's not hype, is over-confidence. But the same happened when some claim that Vita will toast 3DS, or Wii U dominating Japan, or 3DS selling more than DS. It looks like a cycle with every new console.

I won't be surprised if the same happens once Nextbox is anounced.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile