By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521

Sony was smart to announce first. Hardcore fans who have made big claims about the PS4 are likely to continue to make the same claims no matter what MS does. Sony set the stage in this fanboy war and Sony fanboys have their talking points in hand. Things are really going to heat up when MS reveals their next machine.

This post has been moderated by Axumblade

Around the Network

over confident of what,PS4 winning a gen?,i think it will be pretty close race between all of them next gen,i think the WiiU will have the toughest time because of the massive success of the Wii,just like the PS3 had with the PS2

Above & Beyond

VGhippy said:

Nintendo are out of the race.

There I said it...... The WiiU design and sales are abysmal. I love Nintendo software, but the hardware for their home console is a distaster. With their main competitor gone I believe Sony and Microsoft will mop up the blue ocean. I do still think Microsoft has a chance to take no.1 next gen if they can strike a better balance catering for the core next gen as intensely as they tried to push kinect this gen for the casuals, but as far as I'm concerned Nintendo are gone.

I don't agree with trolling other fans though, but I will be honest in my prediction that Sony will be first, Microsoft a close second and Nintendo a distant third.

Whattttttttttttt.

I though Sony's main competitor was Microsoft? And vice versa.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Most viewed on Youtube. Oh yeah!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Nope. When you win 2/3 of the generations you have a reason to get cocky. I won't guarantee PS4 winning nextgen but I Believe it will

Around the Network

eh, let em be as confident as they want. Doesn't change anything. Nintendo fans were also extremely confident right before the 3DS and Wii U, as were Sony fans (again) before PS3 launch. We saw how those turned out..

I see a lot of excited Sony fans which is a better explanation for their behaviour at the moment. Sure some maybe stirring crap but its not really over confidence.

Winning a gen or doing good doesn't mean you can start downplaying other products or getting cocky...

maximrace said:
Winning a gen or doing good doesn't mean you can start downplaying other products or getting cocky...

Tell this to all the Microsoft fans who think that the NextXbox will 100% dominate the US and UK market.

The PS4 announcement is still really the only major reveal that has happened in the past few weeks, and the PS3 fans that I've seen on this site are mostly just excited. I imagine when Microsoft finally reveals their next console, MS fans will probably be just as excited, as will Nintendo fans when more games are announced at E3. This whole "one group is worse than the other" is silly.