By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lol to these thread, at least show the posts and threads where they are overconfident.

boring and meh

You must have missed the posts in this thread stating that the PS4 is the best designed piece of videogame hardware ever when it's only been officially announced a month ago, and how Sony is "dominating" the sales charts.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

saw the screen cap and knew it would be good lol

I can't famish how you would know that.

platformmaster918 said:
I've seen a lot of excitement and personally I think it will win next gen looking at all the advantages MS won't have this time, but never have I said my predictions are going to be right. Overall I've seen a lot of nit-picking ever since the conference and a bunch of threads about stuff it doesn't do (BC being the main one) but of course more positive ones. We'll see how they stack up. Also Nintendo is Sony's biggest rival. They've been at it for one more gen in home consoles and 2 more in handhelds. MS I think people just have more animosity towards, and there is a difference.

Yeah I'm not saying PS4 won't win next generation I just don't like some people's attitude towards the announcement of the PS4. One thing to be excited and another to be just a dick towards fans of other companies. 

NightDragon83 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lol to these thread, at least show the posts and threads where they are overconfident.

boring and meh

You must have missed the posts in this thread stating that the PS4 is the best designed piece of videogame hardware ever when it's only been officially announced a month ago, and how Sony is "dominating" the sales charts.

I'm pretty sure those posts are supposed to be satirical, you know, to poke fun at the OP for his claims.

Ah Lordy,,, What's happening to the forums?

Around the Network
StaleCheetos said:
NightDragon83 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

boring and meh

I'm pretty sure those posts are supposed to be satirical, you know, to poke fun at the OP for his claims.

Sure...

maximrace said:
@ Max; if sony beats msft all the time than why is it still second...

Most evidnence points to 360 and Ps3 being undertracked but more so for the Ps3. Thus the gap is even less than VGC estimates right now. On top of that... the Ps3 is still beating 360 on a weekly basis.

I can't speak for anyone else, but as for myself... Hell NO!

This backwards compatibility nonsense has been explained, I get it, I'm still not clear on what will and won't transfer over.

I'm not happy, and the lack of native backwards compatibility for my digital PSN games, and for my game saves, and not even know about PS1 or PS2 games does not fill me with confidence.

Well personally I think Sony is in a position to take the next gen easily if they don't do something abysmal. I think a lot of people are excited (honestly myself included) by the prospect. I think it's just due to all the positive momentum lately. The PS3 is selling very well, the Vita just had an upswing in Japan, the PS4 presentation went very well and the exclusives are flowing like a waterfall. PS+ is an utter bargain.

I honestly never would have seen this coming and it's far better than I imagined.

But............ I'll tell you the main reason I think Sony fans (like myself) are confident. And this will ruffle a few feathers, but I'm not ashamed because it's what I truly believe.

Nintendo are out of the race.

There I said it...... The WiiU design and sales are abysmal. I love Nintendo software, but the hardware for their home console is a distaster. With their main competitor gone I believe Sony and Microsoft will mop up the blue ocean. I do still think Microsoft has a chance to take no.1 next gen if they can strike a better balance catering for the core next gen as intensely as they tried to push kinect this gen for the casuals, but as far as I'm concerned Nintendo are gone.

I don't agree with trolling other fans though, but I will be honest in my prediction that Sony will be first, Microsoft a close second and Nintendo a distant third.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I think you are mixing over-confidence with hype.

Very much this.

Although there are a few Sony fans being ridiculous lately and it's getting on my nerves.  But no more so than in the past.

So yeah, it's mostly just hype.  Which I completely understand.