By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521

funny thing is that before the ps4 reveal all i was hearing was that the new xbox would win with ease and at the time there seemed to be no consideration for what the others might do...

i'm guessing the op didn't at all find that to be an issue though

and don't misunderstand i don't say this to imply that i believe its sensible to imply that any console is assured victory at this point

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Yes. They have a history of doing so.

Haze will beat Halo... it fails
Resistance / Killzone will beat Halo... it fails.
God of War A will be best in series... it fails.

hahaha wow so you just make up predictions Sony fans have made or pick out the most extreme people to generalize the whole fanbase?  I didn't see anyone saying Halo would be outsold by Resistance, Killzone, or Haze (maybe they thought they would be better which could be argued for KZ or R3 imo).  God of War Ascension is pretty damn fantastic maybe not the best in the series but I'm about halfway through I think and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

bottom line is everyone is reading things though their own tinted glasses it seems. If a Sony fan says PS4 could win next gen they are bashed for being overconfident. If another fan says PS4 might not win they are bashed for being too negative. People just need to quit overreacting.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
foodfather said:
Yes. They have a history of doing so.

Haze will beat Halo... it fails
Resistance / Killzone will beat Halo... it fails.
God of War A will be best in series... it fails.

hahaha wow so you just make up predictions Sony fans have made or pick out the most extreme people to generalize the whole fanbase?  I didn't see anyone saying Halo would be outsold by Resistance, Killzone, or Haze (maybe they thought they would be better which could be argued for KZ or R3 imo).  God of War Ascension is pretty damn fantastic maybe not the best in the series but I'm about halfway through I think and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

BUT HALO1!!1!11

The ones who predicted KZ2 would outsell Halo, oddly enough, were 360 fans. Why? Well because when KZ launched years back a media outlet dubbed it a "Halo killer." And we all know how people like to generalize a fanbase from a select few... what i find funny however is the fact that noone said it about KZ2 it just stuck from the old one.... imagine the backlash when it failed to outsell halo. "ps3 fans were delusional to think it could do halo numbers"

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
bottom line is everyone is reading things though their own tinted glasses it seems. If a Sony fan says PS4 could win next gen they are bashed for being overconfident. If another fan says PS4 might not win they are bashed for being too negative. People just need to quit overreacting.

It's a different thing when someone says "could win" instead of "will win". But who cares anyway ;)

maximrace said:
So a lot of over confident sony fans are posting in this thread, again trying to state their believes ps4 will win as truth. Looking at the poll we also see what the community thinks about it...

as stated earlier in the thread this poll is really asking "are you a ps fan or not" and the poll results are really expected considering nintendo fans +360>>>sony fans

Deyon said:
Look at the weakly chartz and tell me who's the top dog console.

Yeah it's Sony.

It is actually the 3DS, so that is Nintendo.  As far as games go, that is a different story this week though.

Me I just think folks take stuff WAY to personal on here at times. And I have only started posting here recently but I have been here since 2007 back when this was like a NIN only site lol. My how times have changed. I would swear that a lot of you have stock in said companies they way threads like this or being made and how much one person puts down company A and praises company B.

Like I like SONY TV's personally and I am a PS fan as well. So I am happy to hear about the PS4 and what is going to offer. I am happy with all the games till coming out for PS3. But then I see crap like should you really be happy when SONY is in financial dire? When they are selling buildings etc....yeah that is sad for SONY and I hope they pick things up(which it seems they are currently doing) but why should that make me NOT be excited for what they are offering me via the PS3 and what they have planned for the PS4? That just doesn't make sense to me when I see people say stuff like that.

I also don't get why people feel the need to down play SONY exclusive games like they don't sell well. Since when is selling 2-3 million copies of a game bad? And 4-6/7 million for other and even 7-10 million for one bad? I just don't understand the hate that SONY gets.

But I am not biased I also see the same being done to MS saying they don't have any games other than HALO, GEARS, FABLE and FORZA and they don't care about their audience etc. Or NIN has nothing but mMario and is for kids....people need to just chill and learn to respect that people like what they like and DO NOT like what they DO NOT like....we are different and have different opinions and views and that needs to be accepted and all will be well....sorry for the long post....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ugh.

Barely anybody has claimed that the PS4 will win next gen. It's an expected reaction to quite a good console reveal, that's it.

pezus said:

This

And I'm out without reading the rest. People complain about MS fans getting shit on repeatedly but is it really that much in comparison to having multiple threads dedicated to shitting over Sony fans exclusively? I have seen no threads about some PS4 features which then go on to say PS4 will win next gen hands down. What a load of...

...bollocks?