By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521

It's the same situation before Vita's release, so I say we should all wait before jumping to conclusions.

Around the Network

No it isn't, VGChartz is SERIOUSLY undertracking harware and software. I never trust these sites, since the weekly sales never add up to what is displayed on the home screen.

Follow my motto: DO NOT TRUST VG CHARTZ

I say it's between the xbox and ps4 for next gen.

This exact same thing happened with the PS3. Remember how many "PS3 will overtake 360 in 2008" threads there were?

Sony has the most hardcore fans on this site, so as long as there is 1 Good exclusive releasing all hell breaks loose.

TBH though, I don't see anything special about the PS4. Killzone 4 looks good, but not as good as it should if PS4 is the most powerful system. IMO it doesn't look that much better then X. Plus everything on Ps4 is a sequel except for one meh launch game.

I think Wii U will win, just like Wii won last time. Sony might knock out 360 right at the start, but Wii U will explode, PS4 will not.

Anyway PS3 is where it's at right now, with TLoU and Beyond still releasing, and PS3 selling for $199. Plus PS4 isn't BC, so now is the time to buy.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I think this is a case of justified enthusiasm being mistaken for overenthusiasm or overconfidence.

And yes; there are going to be plenty of excited Sony fans making all sorts of ridiculous claims before they even know what Sony's chief rival, Microsoft, is going to be releasing this year.

But frankly, what Microsoft is going to announce and release doesn't really make any difference to these people because they're going to buy the Sony console regardless, even if it's announced that repeated use of the new Xbox 3 both prevents and cures cancer while solving world hunger.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:

It's the same situation before Vita's release, so I say we should all wait before jumping to conclusions.

I seem to recall a lot of enthusiasm from Sony fans regarding the release of the Vita, and a lot of pleased owners once they hit the market, but I don't recall an overabundance of predictions stating the Vita was going to set the mobile gaming device world on fire. 

At best, it just made the 3DS look incredibly overpriced at $249, which Nintendo addressed months before the Vita was released. 

Michael-5 said:

This exact same thing happened with the PS3. Remember how many "PS3 will overtake 360 in 2008" threads there were?

Sony has the most hardcore fans on this site, so as long as there is 1 Good exclusive releasing all hell breaks loose.

TBH though, I don't see anything special about the PS4. Killzone 4 looks good, but not as good as it should if PS4 is the most powerful system. IMO it doesn't look that much better then X. Plus everything on Ps4 is a sequel except for one meh launch game.

I think Wii U will win, just like Wii won last time. Sony might knock out 360 right at the start, but Wii U will explode, PS4 will not.

Anyway PS3 is where it's at right now, with TLoU and Beyond still releasing, and PS3 selling for $199. Plus PS4 isn't BC, so now is the time to buy.

finalfantasy XV, that game alone sets the PS4 apart from the rest

greenmedic88 said:
RazorDragon said:

I seem to recall a lot of enthusiasm from Sony fans regarding the release of the Vita, and a lot of pleased owners once they hit the market, but I don't recall an overabundance of predictions stating the Vita was going to set the mobile gaming device world on fire. 

At best, it just made the 3DS look incredibly overpriced at $249, which Nintendo addressed months before the Vita was released. 

Well, this single prediction makes up for a lack of overabundance, lol:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140560

Seriously though, the following IGN article is a bit more realistic. Granted, nowhere does it exclaim that Vita will set the mobile gaming world on fire but what stands out to me is that the reasons the author states that "Vita is destined to sell better" than 3DS is because it's got "lots and lots" of games in development and is "a much more powerful machine capable of doing a whole lot more."

While I have no doubt that the PS4 will fare much, much better than the Vita, the alleged overconfidence for PS4 stems from the same reasons.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

Be honest, guys. If the PS3 can sell 77M (still selling well) while launching at $599 and probably end up as the highest selling system of the gen, what do you think the PS4 will do?

007BondAgent said:

finalfantasy XV, that game alone sets the PS4 apart from the rest

For you, obviously :) But you never thought of buying anything else than PS4, did you?