By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:

finalfantasy XV, that game alone sets the PS4 apart from the rest

For you, obviously :) But you never thought of buying anything else than PS4, did you?

well i'm thinking about getting a wiiu :)

But I thought it has no games and is underpowered and already maxed out?! Also the system is slow and all it does with the touch-controller is what Sony is trying to do with Vita?!

i never said that, i dislike the touch controller though, just want to play mario on the pro controller :)

I didn't want to imply that you said this but wanted to show again the "common sense" on this forum ;)

Which common sense is that? All i saw was that you were generalizing and accusing him of something he never have said! And when someone confronts you for it you say "oh i'm talking about other people"

Around the Network
Somini said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:

finalfantasy XV, that game alone sets the PS4 apart from the rest

For you, obviously :) But you never thought of buying anything else than PS4, did you?

well i'm thinking about getting a wiiu :)

But I thought it has no games and is underpowered and already maxed out?! Also the system is slow and all it does with the touch-controller is what Sony is trying to do with Vita?!

i never said that, i dislike the touch controller though, just want to play mario on the pro controller :)

I didn't want to imply that you said this but wanted to show again the "common sense" on this forum ;)

Which common sense is that? All i saw was that you were generalizing and accusing him of something he never have said! And when someone confronts you for it you say "oh i'm talking about other people"

Who are you? A mod? No? Right. *I* can not be accused on what *you* read. I replied to him. that's all. If *you* want to get personal do it the other ways that are open to you but this thread is inappropriate for that. If you keep it in this thread, I will report.

This a perfect example of what I mean:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5223637

Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:
Be honest, guys. If the PS3 can sell 77M (still selling well) while launching at $599 and probably end up as the highest selling system of the gen, what do you think the PS4 will do?

Quite a bit less. Mainly due to shorter hardware cycle, branching market, slight drop in consumer spending habbits due to funds being diverted elsewhere in the entertainment arena and overall drop of gaming in the West.

Nothing points to shorter hardware cycles. And seeing the PS3 sales last year, I don't see "branching market or drop in consumer spending habbits" being a problem.

Lawlight said:
Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:
Be honest, guys. If the PS3 can sell 77M (still selling well) while launching at $599 and probably end up as the highest selling system of the gen, what do you think the PS4 will do?

Quite a bit less. Mainly due to shorter hardware cycle, branching market, slight drop in consumer spending habbits due to funds being diverted elsewhere in the entertainment arena and overall drop of gaming in the West.

Nothing points to shorter hardware cycles. And seeing the PS3 sales last year, I don't see "branching market or drop in consumer spending habbits" being a problem.

I'm sure you don't. Meanwhile, everything points to shorter hardware cycles if you look at the big picture (i.e; outside of consoles only). The 8th generation of home consoles will be historical, it will be the first one showing regression and recession, less hardware (sub 200 million lifetime) and less software sold on home consoles and dedicated handhelds, its simply inevitable. And dedicated handhelds are going away shortly, this is just as evident.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:
Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:

I'm sure you don't. Meanwhile, everything points to shorter hardware cycles if you look at the big picture (i.e; outside of consoles only). The 8th generation of home consoles will be historical, it will be the first one showing regression and recession, less hardware (sub 200 million lifetime) and less software sold on home consoles and dedicated handhelds, its simply inevitable. And dedicated handhelds are going away shortly, this is just as evident.

No, nothing points to shorter hardware cycles. Your predictions of the 8th gen are as off as your prediction for the PS3's sales at the end of 2013. You have nothing to support that software sales will be low on home consoles next gen.

Sal.Paradise said:

Please point to specific threads that are "saying it will win nextgen hands down" or don't bother creating threads like these in the first place.

Better yet, when/if you do point out those threads, don't attempt to make it seem like they are representative of the entire Sony fanbase on this site.

maximrace said:
Just talking about comments in those threads. And I'm not saying it is like that or pointing to individuals. I'm just asking a question to get the community stance on this...

And do not confuse the charts with over confidence. It's not because ps3 is the top console the ps4 will be.

i think the same way

i believe the ps4 will sell better than the xbox720 but i think sony fans are over confident about launch games.

Turkish said:
Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:

I disagree. Traditional gaming is still very popular in the west, look at the PS4 hype, the reveal had the most watched video on youtube last month that is usually dominated by super bowl ads.  Shorter hardware cycle doesn't mean its gonna sell less. The reason this gen was so long is due to the manufacturers trying to recoup lossess they made early on. The PS3 was €600 and needed a lot more time to reach mass market price.

A cheaper PS4 will sell more, will reach more people in shorter time. The downside is that PS4 will not have exotic hardware like PS3 had at launch, but the positives outweigh the negative: the console will not have heat problems and next gen will be shorter than this one.

youtube views are meaningless actually bot views and repeat views all add to numbers.  how many times did you watch it?  if just 100k viewers watch 10 times each thats 1 million views. also consider numerous sites with embedded streams.

im not so sure about how next gen will do considering all the austerity bs going around the world and with the politics in america crapping the economy.  also consider steam and who knows what apple will do within next gen.

only thing that will add to ps4 numbers is how ms handles  the nextbox, games,  a different live model and all the drm talk.

Lawlight said:
Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:
Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:

No, nothing points to shorter hardware cycles. Your predictions of the 8th gen are as off as your prediction for the PS3's sales at the end of 2013. You have nothing to support that software sales will be low on home consoles next gen.

Fine, you don't have to agree with me, you're free to make up your mind based on anything you want, I suppose. Just for kicks though, what exactly is wrong with my PS3 2013 prediction? You think its too low? Please don't say yes...