By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521

All I know is since the reveal Sony Stock has consistantly increased. That's due to multiple reasons. However what it shows is confidence in a turn around for the company is growing and that means Sony must be doing something right

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Deyon said:
Look at the weakly chartz and tell me who's the top dog console.

Yeah it's Sony.

Yet despite this, the PS3 is still in 3rd place and the Vita isnt exactly impressing.

Times are currently pretty good, but you people need to keep in mind that it can change in a flash. Look at the PS2 to PS3 transition. Look at the DS to 3DS transition. Look at the Wii to Wii U transition.

There are far too many things yet to be confirmed for the PS4. Dont get too cocky, 'cause it may yet bite your balls off.

No, worries, barking dogs seldom bite.

Not slightly worried... I think the nextbox will win. But I'm not stating it as a fact. And most sony fans are good people with reason. It's just this site has a great deal of irritating sony fanboys. With the usual suspects being the most vocal in this thread. I just asked a question to the community how they feel about this. And the results are quite confirming ;)

maximrace said:
Not slightly worried... I think the nextbox will win. But I'm not stating it as a fact. And most sony fans are good people with reason. It's just this site has a great deal of irritating sony fanboys. With the usual suspects being the most vocal in this thread. I just asked a question to the community how they feel about this. And the results are quite confirming ;)

quite confirming that there are more MS and nintendo fans than Sony fans... thats expected

Slimebeast said:
Sony designed the perfect system. There's no doubt that PS4 is the biggest favorite to win next gen.

If the PS4 launchs at $600, then it'll sell as bad as the Vita :/

Price is a huge issue, Sony haven't announced their hand there yet and Microsoft haven't shown anything, it can go either way for the time being, but it's going to be fun to watch for sure :)

Around the Network

Indeed they are.

We have yet to see if the market is receptive to high priced consoles after the first adopters aka fans.

All systems released in the last 2 years have proven that in the take of the economic crysis, consumers just arent willing to dish as much as they used to for a games console, especially with such viable options still in the 360 and PS3 aswell as a Wii U presumably with a price cut.
I believe both new next-gen consoles will take a nose-dive in sales past christmas, just like the Wii U did.

as long as gamers win pffft at the consoles

TheBlackNaruto said:
Me I just think folks take stuff WAY to personal on here at times. And I have only started posting here recently but I have been here since 2007 back when this was like a NIN only site lol. My how times have changed. I would swear that a lot of you have stock in said companies they way threads like this or being made and how much one person puts down company A and praises company B.

Like I like SONY TV's personally and I am a PS fan as well. So I am happy to hear about the PS4 and what is going to offer. I am happy with all the games till coming out for PS3. But then I see crap like should you really be happy when SONY is in financial dire? When they are selling buildings etc....yeah that is sad for SONY and I hope they pick things up(which it seems they are currently doing) but why should that make me NOT be excited for what they are offering me via the PS3 and what they have planned for the PS4? That just doesn't make sense to me when I see people say stuff like that.

I also don't get why people feel the need to down play SONY exclusive games like they don't sell well. Since when is selling 2-3 million copies of a game bad? And 4-6/7 million for other and even 7-10 million for one bad? I just don't understand the hate that SONY gets.

But I am not biased I also see the same being done to MS saying they don't have any games other than HALO, GEARS, FABLE and FORZA and they don't care about their audience etc. Or NIN has nothing but mMario and is for kids....people need to just chill and learn to respect that people like what they like and DO NOT like what they DO NOT like....we are different and have different opinions and views and that needs to be accepted and all will be well....sorry for the long post....

might wanna fix the spelling in your sig.  Also my thoughts exactly.  People always assume I don't like Nintendo because I prefer Sony.  I usually buy Nintendo consoles and I love a lot of their first party games.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

TeddostheFireKing said:
Slimebeast said:
Sony designed the perfect system. There's no doubt that PS4 is the biggest favorite to win next gen.

If the PS4 launchs at $600, then it'll sell as bad as the Vita :/

Price is a huge issue, Sony haven't announced their hand there yet and Microsoft haven't shown anything, it can go either way for the time being, but it's going to be fun to watch for sure :)

Yeah, because launching a console at $600 during a really bad economy is suicide, theres no chance at all you'd sell 70m+ over 6 years or anything...

Oh wait, it isn't 2005 and you said PS4 not PS3, my bad.

Yes, hype is never a good sign. Just go into the next gen as for what it is if there isn't any problems of coarse

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke