By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans getting over confident?

Tagged games:

Are sony fans getting over confident?

Yes 292 55.94%

No 229 43.87%

Total:521
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:

finalfantasy XV, that game alone sets the PS4 apart from the rest

For you, obviously :) But you never thought of buying anything else than PS4, did you?

well i'm thinking about getting a wiiu :)

the PS4 should be my main console though, i'm thinking about the next xbox, but the lack of jrpg's is really off putting :(

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:

For you, obviously :) But you never thought of buying anything else than PS4, did you?

But I thought it has no games and is underpowered and already maxed out?! Also the system is slow and all it does with the touch-controller is what Sony is trying to do with Vita?!

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:

But I thought it has no games and is underpowered and already maxed out?! Also the system is slow and all it does with the touch-controller is what Sony is trying to do with Vita?!

i never said that, i dislike the touch controller though, just want to play mario on the pro controller :)

007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:

i never said that, i dislike the touch controller though, just want to play mario on the pro controller :)

I didn't want to imply that you said this but wanted to show again the "common sense" on this forum ;)

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:

I didn't want to imply that you said this but wanted to show again the "common sense" on this forum ;)

oh aha :)

the wii u does get unfairly hated on, although nintendo should be doing a better job with it. :)

Around the Network

just wait until XBOX reveal and the real console war begins. Ps. what I notice is that every Gen everyone never involves Nintendo in the console wars, because in their opinion Nin will be dead soon. But in reality Nintendo is the only Console manufacturer up to now who really made a profit with producing consoles!

kappie1977 said:
just wait until XBOX reveal and the real console war begins. Ps. what I notice is that every Gen everyone never involves Nintendo in the console wars, because in their opinion Nin will be dead soon. But in reality Nintendo is the only Console manufacturer up to now who really made a profit with producing consoles!

Nintendo isn't talked about because they are somewhat playing in another league. Nintendo doesn't really steal gamers from MS/Sony, the fight is only between (the fans of) these both.

I don't think Sony fanboys are overconvident if all the Xbox720 rumours turn out to be true.

Lawlight said:
Be honest, guys. If the PS3 can sell 77M (still selling well) while launching at $599 and probably end up as the highest selling system of the gen, what do you think the PS4 will do?

Quite a bit less. Mainly due to shorter hardware cycle, branching market, slight drop in consumer spending habbits due to funds being diverted elsewhere in the entertainment arena and overall drop of gaming in the West.

Mummelmann said:
Lawlight said:
Be honest, guys. If the PS3 can sell 77M (still selling well) while launching at $599 and probably end up as the highest selling system of the gen, what do you think the PS4 will do?

Quite a bit less. Mainly due to shorter hardware cycle, branching market, slight drop in consumer spending habbits due to funds being diverted elsewhere in the entertainment arena and overall drop of gaming in the West.

I disagree. Traditional gaming is still very popular in the west, look at the PS4 hype, the reveal had the most watched video on youtube last month that is usually dominated by super bowl ads.  Shorter hardware cycle doesn't mean its gonna sell less. The reason this gen was so long is due to the manufacturers trying to recoup lossess they made early on. The PS3 was €600 and needed a lot more time to reach mass market price.

A cheaper PS4 will sell more, will reach more people in shorter time. The downside is that PS4 will not have exotic hardware like PS3 had at launch, but the positives outweigh the negative: the console will not have heat problems and next gen will be shorter than this one.