By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

Kresnik said:

Because when your observations fail horribly and your posts get brought up in a few weeks time to demonstrate "loads of Sony fans were predicting Vita would outsell 3DS in March" it'll just cause more ridiculous unrest around here.

Also, lose the attitude, it doesn't do you any favours.

The attitude will stay as it is......;o

Around the Network
Deyon said:
morenoingrato said:

Vita did really well this week. Why do you want to destroy that success by saying such nonsense?

It's only considered nonsense by those who fear it might happen.

The Vita can outsell the 3DS this month. Soul Sacrifice can be a mega hit in Japan and the Vita will outsell it if that happens.

....I wouldn't get my hopes up.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Kresnik said:
Deyon said:

Oh nooooooooo. am i bothering you? Why don't you stop reading my posts? or just leave the thread.

Because when your observations fail horribly and your posts get brought up in a few weeks time to demonstrate "loads of Sony fans were predicting Vita would outsell 3DS in March" it'll just cause more ridiculous unrest around here.

I second this. At this point, it's getting all sorts of ridiculous.

Heavenly_King said:
MDMAlliance said:

To help clarify things, 週 means week, 間 means between, 前 means before/prior.

so, what the whole sentence says? :P

2週間と比較するとPS Vita本体の売上が4倍程度になったことをSCEJ河野プレジデントが明かしました。

Let's see...  I just checked the link ethomaz gave, and it seems like this sentence wasn't complete.

2月28日にPS Vitaの価格が19,980円に価格改定されましたが、改定前の
The key parts of this quote is that it refers specifically to the price cut on Feb 28th, and you don't need to know Japanese to see that.

and that 前 is right there in 改定前の.

Honestly, though, I am not that proficient in Japanese.  I am mostly picking up on the context given.

A couple of observations.

I have yet to be to a store where the Vita is completely sold out. A few stores in Den-Den Town in Osaka were out of a specific color/configuration, but had several others. For instance, at the Super Potato by Namba station was out of blue Wi-Fi, Red 3g/Wi-Fi, and Silver 3G/Wi-Fi, but had four other options. Sofmap and the Playstation concept store had all the flavors.

Sales have certainly picked up and we will see how much and for how long. Looking at the game selection available in stores, it is REALLY anemic compared to the MASSIVE sections of DS and 3DS games. I wonder if this is part of the Vita's problems in terms of consumer perception. While the physical library is pretty small, the combined PSP/Vita library on PSN is much larger, but isn't seen by customers walking into stores. It doesn't help that the Vita games are far more expensive than 3DS games on average.

The 360 is not doing well as usual! It will be interesting if the rather cheap bundle releasing today will affect its fortunes at all. The bundle has a 250gb console with Kinect, Child of Eden, Forza 4, Kinect Adventures, and Dance Central 2 for a very reasonable 29,900yen (just over $300!).

Around the Network
naruball said:
Kresnik said:

And I would extend it to a couple of others, but I feel wrong about doing it. Maybe the charm in my sig would call "fan hate", or something like that.

Deyon said:
Kresnik said:

The attitude will stay as it is......;o

Kresnik makes you look good, just so you know.

Deyon said:

We comin fo u 3DS.

How far are you coming from? Oh its that many light years?? Better take the new Enterprize in that case to catch 3DS.

vfguy said:
A couple of observations.

I have yet to be to a store where the Vita is completely sold out. A few stores in Den-Den Town in Osaka were out of a specific color/configuration, but had several others. For instance, at the Super Potato by Namba station was out of blue Wi-Fi, Red 3g/Wi-Fi, and Silver 3G/Wi-Fi, but had four other options. Sofmap and the Playstation concept store had all the flavors.

Sales have certainly picked up and we will see how much and for how long. Looking at the game selection available in stores, it is REALLY anemic compared to the MASSIVE sections of DS and 3DS games. I wonder if this is part of the Vita's problems in terms of consumer perception. While the physical library is pretty small, the combined PSP/Vita library on PSN is much larger, but isn't seen by customers walking into stores. It doesn't help that the Vita games are far more expensive than 3DS games on average.

The 360 is not doing well as usual! It will be interesting if the rather cheap bundle releasing today will affect its fortunes at all. The bundle has a 250gb console with Kinect, Child of Eden, Forza 4, Kinect Adventures, and Dance Central 2 for a very reasonable 29,900yen (just over $300!).

It's like they're throwing it at them. :P

naruball said:
Kresnik said:
Deyon said:

Oh nooooooooo. am i bothering you? Why don't you stop reading my posts? or just leave the thread.

I can third (is that right?) this as well. I mean. Vita sales are finally respectable, but it's best not to get ahead of ourselves. 

SS will be lucky to sell 100k with all bundles combined. It's not MH.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.