By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

damn Vita still cant pass 3ds

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Come on sales, give it a break :)

BasilZero said:
Kasz216 said:
BasilZero said:
Love how some people are stealthly downplaying the sales increase l0l.

Anyways my thoughts

-Vita sold more than I had predicted l0l
-Pretty sure it'll go down to 30k to 35k next week (and hopefully it doesnt go down anymore)
-Hoping that the sales will stay around 30-35k here on out with a few increases cause of big games.
-Even though not related to the PSVita....WiiU sales if it leads to the same thing as what happened with the 3DS, patience is a virtue then.

Argueably you'd expect Vita sales to go down less or go down more and the new baseline be lower.

When you consider there were apparently sellouts, you would expect the 2nd week numbers to not drop as low as new shipments come in. 

So...you are saying some of the sales from the sellouts will fall into next week's numbers o.O?

Sort of.   Pricecuts typically lead to two types of sales incerases.

An immediate burst of customer  waiting for a pricecut and/or see it as a deal now, and then a new baseline created by people who get slowly intersted, and the price is now closer to their perceived value of the product.

Most immediate burst customer who didn't get to buy the product can be expected to buy it the second week.

For those who care, according to Media Create, Senran Kagura had a 93.37% sellthrough rate, and PSO2 had 89.39%. Looks like they should have made bigger shipments. Dynasty Warriors 68.23%, down from the previous game's 72.49%.

Those are the only games with sellthroughs provided.
http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

BaldrSkies said:
For those who care, according to Media Create, Senran Kagura had a 93.37% sellthrough rate, and PSO2 had 89.39%. Looks like they should have made bigger shipments. Dynasty Warriors 68.23%, down from the previous game's 72.49%.

Wow! That is even more better. For Senran Kagura it's ok because you still have to pay for DD but as PS02 they should have shipped more, it was a miss oppurtunity to take advantage of those profit. 

It looks like Senran Kagura become a sleeper hit. Wow! crazy.

Around the Network

Not to good Dynasty warriors debut.
DW8 PS3: 213k
DW7 PS3: 262k
DW6 PS3: 186k + 112k PS2

This is actually the first mainline DW since 3 that I will not get.

ethomaz said:

saicho said:

RE6? Dragon's Dogma?

Well you know One Piece is bigger than RE6 and Dragon's Dogma combined... moved more system than any other game in 2012.

PS3 sales at release of these games...

One Piece: 65k
RE6: 41k
Drabon's Dogma: 14k

now I see what you meant since you missed a word - PS3 have no major release last year than OP.

Anyhow, good luck to Sony to sell the same number of PS3 as last year.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

ryuzaki57 said:
italo244 said:
Claymore said:
ethomaz said:

Claymore said:

Don't think Tales is, Soul Sacrifice is problem is pre-orders aren't that impressive.

I think Soul Sacrifice will have the best first week for Vita in Japan.

Going by pre-orders it's going to sell less than Senran Kagura.

First week? Probably. But i think it will have better legs than Seren Kagura. 

What do you know of SK's legs when the first shipment goes in 4~5 days and digital sales explode?

This would hurt its legs considering no one is tracking digital sales.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
ryuzaki57 said:

What do you know of SK's legs when the first shipment goes in 4~5 days and digital sales explode?

This would hurt its legs considering no one is tracking digital sales.

The legs we know yes, but not in the real economy. Besides, peoplebuy digital because they couldn't find the retail game, which shows potential for legs.

BaldrSkies said:

I'm sure at they're biting their nails at Sega not to have shipped more... I hope for them the consumers still buy week 2

Anyway, Senran Kagura week 2 is going to be epic!