By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

People who think the Vita is going to be back down to 10-15k within weeks are kidding themselves.

Not singling anybody out, because people who think it's going to stay above 50k are kidding themselves as well. 20-40k is a comfortable range to expect.

Around the Network
Deyon said:

Fuckin VITA!!! *Drops dead*

Beating the 3DS Won't be so hard now lololol

Deyon said:

We comin fo u 3DS.

Vita did really well this week. Why do you want to destroy that success by saying such nonsense?

morenoingrato said:

Vita did really well this week. Why do you want to destroy that success by saying such nonsense?

It's only considered nonsense by those who fear it might happen.

The Vita can outsell the 3DS in this month. Soul Sacrifice can be a mega hit in Japan and the Vita will outsell it if that happens.

40k baseline would be pretty nice.
30k would be perfectly fine.

Anything below that would be a disappointment, at least to me.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Deyon said:
morenoingrato said:

The Vita can outsell the 3DS this month. Soul Sacrifice can be a mega hit in Japan and the Vita will outsell it if that happens.

Would you like to make a sig and avatar control bet?

Vita won't outsell 3DS (Japan) in March.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Deyon said:
morenoingrato said:

The Vita can outsell the 3DS this month. Soul Sacrifice can be a mega hit in Japan and the Vita will outsell it if that happens.

Would you like to make a sig and avatar control bet?

Vita won't outsell 3DS (Japan) in March.

If Vita would beat 3DS in sales, it would have had to this week, week ending Mar 10 is long shot, every week after that is a 100% no. This bet will be easily won for you .

Great sales for Vita. Hopefully, since there were sellouts, good sales will carry into next week, too. SS and TOH should help, as well.

Soriku said:
Deyon said:
morenoingrato said:

Vita couldn't even outsell 3DS this week, you expect one new IP to help it not only maintain sales, but actually increase it week by week (ie. 70k+ each week) to consistently outsell 3DS?

You just don't know, man. We'll see who's laughing next week!

BluGamer23 said:
wait.. what.. people seriously celebrating vita sales after price cut?..

hmm.. i think most of you are joking..

But aren't you still celebrating the 3DS sales after the price drop?

And why do people on here compare the Wiiu sales to the Vita and the Vita sales to the 3DS too? Are they avoiding something?

To think, I came here to get away from N4G.

The PS5 Exists. 

ethomaz said:

Heavenly_King said:

When did I wrote that? DAFAQ?! O_o

lol I just erased the wrong comment in the quote lol.

You said

"he did not said the sales were 4x the sales of the 2 prior weeks together. He said the sales are 4x the weekly sales, 2 weeks prior the price cut. And that is about 44k."

I said

"改定前の2週間と比較するとPS Vita本体の売上が4倍程度になったことを" - My translation: "PS Vita sales is now about four times compared with the previous two weeks of revision".

Don't believe in weird translations in the internet.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano has said during a One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 presentation in Japan today that PlayStation Vita sales in the country have increased about four times the amount of units the platform was moving two weeks prior—before the system’s February 28 price drop

source: http://gematsu.com/2013/03/sony-japan-president-ps-vita-sales-have-increased-four-fold