By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Vita start outselling WiiU now?

Which console will come out on top this year?

WiiU 256 51.51%

Vita 135 27.16%

They will be about even 49 9.86%

No idea 35 7.04%

Show results 22 4.43%

Total:497

Japan-only price cut for now so its definitely possible for Vita to start selling another ~10k per week.

Around the Network

We need to see if Europe and North America will also recieve a price cut. At least in Europe we already have bundle with a Vita and one game added for 199€, it doesn't seem as if sales have improved, in fact many people were angry about still having to buy an overpriced memory card (not included in the bundle). If only the Wifi+3G model will be sold in the future (assuming the price of this model will be dropped to 199€) I also don't think Sony would see increased sales since potential customers still have to shell out the same (According to this link the ratio between Wifi and 3G is 4:1, which judging by the number of reviews on Amazon seems at least plausible).

Imo a PSVita 3G bundle with a game and a memory card for 220€ or a PSVita Wifi bundle with a game and a memory card for 180€ would make more sense than a pure price drop of the 3G model and a discontinuation of the Wifi model.

There's a slight Possibility that the PS4 will also push Vita sales if it comes with mandatory Remote Play for all games. Nintendo on the other hand will have a hard time selling their big hitters with the launch of PS4. PS4 will take all the buzz, I don't think the media will be all that interested into Mario Kart over the holidays. So in the end I expect Vita to do noticeably better than Wii U this year.

I could be horribly wrong, of course. We'll see.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I stand by my prediction that PS Vita will outsell Wii U. Lifetime.

Sensei said:
I stand by my prediction that PS Vita will outsell Wii U. Lifetime.

You're crazy! 

Around the Network

I don't even know not that it matters if the Vita does start to outsell Wii U.

As a handheld and a cheaper device it could easily outsell the Wii U. The Vita is starting to become more viable for the Japanese market, unless something changes for the Wii U the Vita might outsell it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Going by VGC nmbers it's no doubt. The gap isn't that much as of ight now and the Wii just released and hasn't reached it's low yet.

Haha no.. There is a small chance Vita outsells it for like a month thanks to Ubisoft yanking Wii U's only big release until mid March, but once March rolls around and we start to get games like Monster Hunter and Lego, Wii U is going to outsell it by a large margin and never look back. So enjoy the next month I guess..

Pretty sure 3D Mario and Mario Kart will hit the system before this year's holiday is over. Add Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, the games that I'm forgetting and the games that are not announced yet that will release this year and I would say that the Vita doesn't stand a chance.

It may win a few weeks before they arrive though.