By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Vita start outselling WiiU now?

Which console will come out on top this year?

WiiU 256 51.51%

Vita 135 27.16%

They will be about even 49 9.86%

No idea 35 7.04%

Show results 22 4.43%

Total:497
pezus said:
Metallicube said:

Haha no.. There is a small chance Vita outsells it for like a month thanks to Ubisoft yanking Wii U's only big release until mid March, but once March rolls around and we start to get games like Monster Hunter and Lego, Wii U is going to outsell it by a large margin and never look back. So enjoy the next month I guess..

Why would MH push the WiiU in the west? And Lego's effect is anyone's guess really...

You really think these two will have a permanent effect on WiiU sales, while a price cut will not? Ok...

The price cut might improve the situation in Japan a bit (although not much, the lineup still isn't good enough), but if a similar pricecut happens in the west it won't be very useful:

KHlover said:
We need to see if Europe and North America will also recieve a price cut. At least in Europe we already have bundle with a Vita and one game added for 199€, it doesn't seem as if sales have improved, in fact many people were angry about still having to buy an overpriced memory card (not included in the bundle). If only the Wifi+3G model will be sold in the future (assuming the price of this model will be dropped to 199€) I also don't think Sony would see increased sales since potential customers still have to shell out the same (According to this link the ratio between Wifi and 3G is 4:1, which judging by the number of reviews on Amazon seems at least plausible).

Imo a PSVita 3G bundle with a game and a memory card for 220€ or a PSVita Wifi bundle with a game and a memory card for 180€ would make more sense than a pure price drop of the 3G model and a discontinuation of the Wifi model.

Around the Network

yes
ps vita 30002units
wii u 29999 units

You could always get a Vita for under $200 new on Ebay and Craigslist. I don't think this price cut will help much... of course it will also depend on marketing and bundled games.

It's difficult to tell to be honest.

I thought on the 28th the vita also comes with a bundled game for that reduced price(cant remember what it was, read it in a tweet).

So i think its perfectly reasonable to see the vita perhaps get good numbers for a couple of weeks. I dont see any nintendo game in the next 6 months having an impact on wii-u sales. And as i have said many times before, the wii-u is under a lot of pressure right now that I am not sure a price cut will even help it. Nintendo screwed up having seemingly started on their own games for the wii-u very late... or perhaps they are running into the same problems that the PS3 and Xbox had at the start of their gen and Nintendo didnt learn anything from it.

E3 is going to be massive for Sony and MS and the wii-u might get drowned out (like it is currently), and you can be sure we are most likely going to see some great games coming out for next gen. If these games dont even come out for the wii-u, then only nintendo specific games can help raise their sales.... BUT..it sounded like many of their big games wont come out till 2014.. way too late. this isn't the wii, and I think the Wii will sell better this christmas than the wii-u.

But I think the Vita might do alright against the wii-u... just because next gen and the wii will eat into the wii-u sales.... I still think overall the wii-u will probably beat the vita.... but i dont think its going to be a pretty year for the wii-u.

^
I didn't quite catch the beginning, but the silver one atleast comes with some points or whatever for Phantasy Star Online 2 bundled at that reduced price, PSO2 itself is free to play.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

^
I didn't quite catch the beginning, but the silver one atleast comes with some points or whatever for Phantasy Star Online 2 bundled at that reduced price, PSO2 itself is free to play.

Yeah i didnt catch the presentation at all, just reading random tweets while at work :)

It better be considering that the cheaper price was the only reason Wii and DS sold better than competition.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Sal.Paradise said:
Sensei said:
I stand by my prediction that PS Vita will outsell Wii U. Lifetime.

You're crazy! 

Maybe I am. But let's look at this scenario:

Vita's competition is already out at crushing strength (3DS, DS and even its brother PSP hurting its sales in Japan). I don't see it getting worse for the Vita. In fact it should improve as 3DS saturates market, PSP support ends in Japan, and PS Vita price naturally drops as its library increases.

Wii U however is pretty much alone. It's the one supposed to have the hype on its side, yet it is being eclipsed by the previous gen PS360. Can you imagine what is going to happen when PS4 and 720 are out at full force / full hype, and PS360 are even cheaper? This could put the Wii U in a critical situation.

Vita could outsell Wii U on a weekly basis for a short time if the price cut is extended to all regions. Wii U will come out on top for the year regardless.

Vita has been a low seller for a whole year now. I don't think a price cut can save it anymore from being the lowest next-gen seller. Wonderswan had a low price and got awesome japanese games, and still it sold quite badly when it was alive.