By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Vita start outselling WiiU now?

Which console will come out on top this year?

WiiU 256 51.51%

Vita 135 27.16%

They will be about even 49 9.86%

No idea 35 7.04%

Show results 22 4.43%

Total:497

Easily. With the new prices and the wave of cool games, it can outsell WiiU during several months.

Around the Network

I dont know why but i think psv in outsell wii u this year

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

For the next few months probably. The Wii U should sell better in the second half of the year though when it will get a lot of 1st party games and probably a price cut.

Until Nintendo announce their Wii U price drop on the 20th of February right after Sony's conference. My friend works for the janitor at one of Nintendo's American subsidiary so he knows.

A price cut wouldn't change anything for Wii U. I wouldn't even bite for a lower price, cause I know that all must-have games are at least half a year away. That's really tough. I liked the announcements in the recent Direct, of course - but it's all coming for the holidays, and it's February! What were they thinking?

Don't know about Vita's games situation, maybe a price drop can make a bigger impact there... for Wii U, all Nintendo can do is sit through 6-8 very ugly months.

I can't, by the way, imagine that Sony has any interest in making a successor to the Vita. I remember the hype was soooo big, everybody talked about how perfect it is. And then it sells so badly, being all high tech and bells & whistles.

Edit: On topic, I still think Wii U is going to sell more this year cause it's getting a Mario Kart for the holidays. 

Around the Network

A PSV price cut is good, but there stilp isn't a compelling reason to buy it instead of its competition. Wii U will likely start selling more in march when games start being released again. So no, i don't think Vita will outsell Wii U, at least not consistently.

Conegamer said:

This is exactly as I felt, aside from it was more "This is all you're getting" really. It was far, far from stellar, about as I predicted really. Of course, people will spin it one way or the other, but there simply wasn't enough new stuff in it to make people really surprised and have hope that there may be some way back for the Vita on the horizon.

I think - and not just to pick on you for this post - but I think too many Nintendo fans, or even just people who watched Nintendo Directs, went into this conference thinking "Oh, it's Sony Direct!"

My understanding of how things work, at least for the past couple of years, is that Nintendo like to announce games at Nintendo Direct.  So we had a special conference for Pokemon; we had a load of 3DS stuff announced in the one last week; we had a load of Wii-U stuff announced in the one before.  Mostly (but not wholly), that's because the games that were announced were either made completely by Nintendo or funded by them.

But this conference wasn't Sony Direct.  It was merely a conference to say "Here's a Vita pricecut" and then "Here's a look at some of the upcoming games for Vita!"  So yeah, they may well have only showed stuff that we already knew about, but that's because it had all already been announced.  I suppose, if Sony had wanted, they could've asked Omega Force to keep Toukiden quiet until the conference; they could've asked Marvelous AQL to keep Valhalla Knights un-announced; they could've kept their own Over my Dead Body game silent.  But, the majority of these games get their details announced as an when the publisher is ready (i.e. Atelier Meruru Plus) or they get announced at some bigger-than-a-PlayStation-stream even (i.e. Toukiden at TGS 2012).

The tl;dr version: Sony games get announced before mini-conferences and then shown off at them; Nintendo games get announced at mini-conferences.

Whether there's issues here to do with which version is more effective certainly exist; there's even issues to do with the fact that the number of Nintendo-developed games vastly exceeds the number of Sony-developed games, but that's a point for another thread I think.  Just felt it needed pointing out that it seems a few too many people went into this presentation expecting it to be something it's not.

depends on if Mario Kart, 3d Mario, or SSB are out in time for the holidays. If one of those is out I say WiiU wins, especially Mario Kart.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:

This is exactly as I felt, aside from it was more "This is all you're getting" really. It was far, far from stellar, about as I predicted really. Of course, people will spin it one way or the other, but there simply wasn't enough new stuff in it to make people really surprised and have hope that there may be some way back for the Vita on the horizon.

I think - and not just to pick on you for this post - but I think too many Nintendo fans, or even just people who watched Nintendo Directs, went into this conference thinking "Oh, it's Sony Direct!"

My understanding of how things work, at least for the past couple of years, is that Nintendo like to announce games at Nintendo Direct.  So we had a special conference for Pokemon; we had a load of 3DS stuff announced in the one last week; we had a load of Wii-U stuff announced in the one before.  Mostly (but not wholly), that's because the games that were announced were either made completely by Nintendo or funded by them.

But this conference wasn't Sony Direct.  It was merely a conference to say "Here's a Vita pricecut" and then "Here's a look at some of the upcoming games for Vita!"  So yeah, they may well have only showed stuff that we already knew about, but that's because it had all already been announced.  I suppose, if Sony had wanted, they could've asked Omega Force to keep Toukiden quiet until the conference; they could've asked Marvelous AQL to keep Valhalla Knights un-announced; they could've kept their own Over my Dead Body game silent.  But, the majority of these games get their details announced as an when the publisher is ready (i.e. Atelier Meruru Plus) or they get announced at some bigger-than-a-PlayStation-stream even (i.e. Toukiden at TGS 2012).

The tl;dr version: Sony games get announced before mini-conferences and then shown off at them; Nintendo games get announced at mini-conferences.

Whether there's issues here to do with which version is more effective certainly exist; there's even issues to do with the fact that the number of Nintendo-developed games vastly exceeds the number of Sony-developed games, but that's a point for another thread I think.  Just felt it needed pointing out that it seems a few too many people went into this presentation expecting it to be something it's not.

From what I hear it was actually an infomercial that ran in Japan early in the morning 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

In Japan atleast, it does it already in Europe, it needs pricecut in the West as wel, probably around the time SS comes out.