By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Vita start outselling WiiU now?

Which console will come out on top this year?

WiiU 256 51.51%

Vita 135 27.16%

They will be about even 49 9.86%

No idea 35 7.04%

Show results 22 4.43%

Total:497
curl-6 said:
Scisca said:

Ok, forget about the whole topic. Sony has just murdered Vita. F-ing idiots!!

And they did it all with a smile, as if they have just announced something awesome. UNB3LI3VABL3

How did they "murder" Vita?

Remote Play for all PS4 games. Who will develop games for Vita now? They have just turned it into a Wii U gamepad with a slightly bigger range - the range of your Wi-Fi, not just those few meters from the console Wii U has. So most probably we will only be able to play small indie games on the go now, cause all big games will be streamed from the PS4  via Wi-Fi. Wow, just wow. They shouldn't cut the price BY $50, but TO $50 now -_-

Who's going to pay $200 for a fancy controller without the triggers?

It should have been Cross Control and Cross Play, not Remote Play!!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

I doubt that will kill the Vita, it still has Handheld Land (AKA Japan) and I don't see how this will stop it getting games.

curl-6 said:
I doubt that will kill the Vita, it still has Handheld Land (AKA Japan) and I don't see how this will stop it getting games.

It has Japan? Japan bought the least Vitas out of the 3 main regions. Vita is dead now as an individual platform.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Scisca said:
curl-6 said:

It has Japan? Japan bought the least Vitas out of the 3 main regions. Vita is dead now as an individual platform.

Japan is where is has the most potential to grow, it just needs the right games. And I don't think Vita support is going to just evaporate because of this.

curl-6 said:
Scisca said:
curl-6 said:

Japan is where is has the most potential to grow, it just needs the right games. And I don't think Vita support is going to just evaporate because of this.

This is exactly what I am affraid of. We will have to see.

Around the Network

The Vita is a nice piece of kit but is clearly struggling for relevance in todays market. Apple has hurt Sony badly here, and even Nintendo must be seriously considering not developing a new handheld to follow 3DS....