By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

What the hell?

Thats more games i wouldn't buy not coming to the Wii U

Shame on you EA!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I'm European so couldn't care less about Madden. I'd have more fun mixing cement or placing grout to my floor tiles.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I want Mass Effect 4 on Wii-U to use with gamepad =(

Weedlab said:
I'm European so couldn't care less about Madden. I'd have more fun mixing cement or placing grout to my floor tiles.

Yeah from Ireland myself so don't get the liking of Madden games at all but as for Tiger woods those games are usually worth buying... saying that since each new game is just a few extra courses and it's not like I keep up to date on the roster of pro golfers I normally end up buying the Tiger woods games a year or 2 after they've come out... used.. for about 10euros, so EA haven't lost anything from me by doing this shitty move.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

KeptoKnight said:

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

Around the Network

This is dickishh on their part but I don't hate EA .I love alot of The Need for Speed games among others.

Dead Space 3 was really good. They will get it next time around but yea a port wouldn't be so bad. However the industry is not the same anymore, most likely a smart business choice until they can get their investment back. Damn Game Stop.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

Key word highlighted

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm afraid we're going to hear a lot more of these 3rd party stories this year.

sethnintendo said:

RIP Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Bullfrog Productions, Maxis, and many more.

More EA bashing.  If you're going to bash EA, atleast do it properly.  You're missing Pandemic, Maxis is still around, and Westwood merged with an EA branded studio but according to Wikipedia, the last of those who worked at Westwood "quit" after the Command and Conquer title they were working on was finished.

Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world where developers can continue to be in the red and publishers continue to hemorhage money in order to support them.  EA has shut down a few classic studios that more than likely would be gone today if it wasn't for them being bought out.  Besides.  The owners of those studios never had to sell to EA. 

Why not this though.  Why don't we reference a few development studios that have been shut down by other publishers.  Sony just recently shut down Liverpool, BigBig Studios, Zipper Interactive, etc.  Activision shut down Radical Entertainment.  Capcom shut down Clover Studios.  I'm sure Nintendo has fired employees when they no longer needed them. 

The EA hate is ridiculous though.  Why can't people just enjoy the games that come from these developers and not ride the hate train because it's cool to do so.

Dead Space 3 was released just recently, great game if you like Dead Space, but the hate surrounding it is more like "it's an EA franchise, let's bash it(check the Metacritic user score.")  Never played the first, but Dead Space 2 when playing on normal was a shooter.  Dead Space 3 is a shooter.  You can play on other modes on Dead Space 3 and :O, limited ammo, enemies take off more, etc.  Who would have thought?  Playing single player has no AI partner and the storyline is completely different to not even include John Carver in the story.  Do you want to play Dead Space 3 like you did the first two?  You still can.  

You're upset that EA isn't releasing games to your preferred system.  I'm mad that Nintendo isn't releasing Mario games on the PS3.  You know what I did?  I bought a 3DS.  I'm going to buy a Wii U.  There are a lot of third party developers that don't release games to systems that I'd prefer them to be on.  If I want to play them not much else I can do other than purchase the system.