By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

I am somewhat re evaluating my personal opinion of some lobbying groups in these forums. It used to by Sony fans that used to wade into this quagmire oblivious to the fact that they often exacerbated the problems by reinforcing the conclusion they claimed to be erroneous in the first place. Dismissing the developer, and claiming that you wouldn't have purchased their products anyway. Actually justifies the action that they have taken.

To the Nintendo fans trashing Electronic Arts. The pettiness you are displaying doesn't suit you, and not only doesn't it help your cause. It actually hurts your cause. It is always bad when a consoles library of titles shrinks, and it always hurts a console when it is under represented in critical genres. Such a loss will have actual consequences for you as a user beyond just not getting these games to play on your platform. It will directly impact sales of the hardware, and as a consequence it will have a negative impact on software sales. Not just lower sales of the games that Nintendo will put out, but it will decrease the amount of games that Nintendo can actually put out. At the very least it may dramatically impact the quality you will see out of these games.

The correct response isn't to tell Electronic Arts fuck off, because you never liked them anyway. The correct response as a fan is to figure out a positive way to get them to change their mind. Instead of advocating for boycotts which obviously will not work, because Electronic Arts is effectively segregating themselves from the audience anyway. What you need to do is increase your support for Electronic Arts by at the least signing a petition to encourage them to bring the games to the platform, or something real sensible like start buying more of their games.

Yes I know they are overpriced for what they are, or aren't necessarily high quality, but as a fan this really is all your own doing as far as this publisher goes. They brought seventy games to your last platform. Some of which were pretty good, and your response wasn't only to not buy those games, but actually reward the most dialed in games they brought to the platform. You sent the wrong message to them back then, and that means you need to start sending the right message starting right now.

Like it or not Electronic Arts did try to do right by you last generation, and you let their efforts slide through the cracks, and no their games weren't all shit. There weren't a lot of ungodly great games, but that was to be expected with all of the limitations of the hardware, but there were some good games. Like the saying goes you don't know what you got until it is gone, and I think a lot of you aren't appreciating how much less the Wii U will be if Electronic Arts isn't balancing out the equation. The sold over thirty six million games on the platform.

Obviously that isn't enough given they released seventy games, but there is a subtle point there. Some of the owners of that platform wanted those kinds of games, and chances are they weren't the casuals. Those buyers were part of the core, and seeing as the casuals aren't buying in this generation like last generation. The console cannot afford to be losing any of its core support. Especially since the casual focus last generation probably chased away a good chunk of them.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I am somewhat re evaluating my personal opinion of some lobbying groups in these forums. It used to by Sony fans that used to wade into this quagmire oblivious to the fact that they often exacerbated the problems by reinforcing the conclusion they claimed to be erroneous in the first place. Dismissing the developer, and claiming that you wouldn't have purchased their products anyway. Actually justifies the action that they have taken.

To the Nintendo fans trashing Electronic Arts. The pettiness you are displaying doesn't suit you, and not only doesn't it help your cause. It actually hurts your cause. It is always bad when a consoles library of titles shrinks, and it always hurts a console when it is under represented in critical genres. Such a loss will have actual consequences for you as a user beyond just not getting these games to play on your platform. It will directly impact sales of the hardware, and as a consequence it will have a negative impact on software sales. Not just lower sales of the games that Nintendo will put out, but it will decrease the amount of games that Nintendo can actually put out. At the very least it may dramatically impact the quality you will see out of these games.

The correct response isn't to tell Electronic Arts fuck off, because you never liked them anyway. The correct response as a fan is to figure out a positive way to get them to change their mind. Instead of advocating for boycotts which obviously will not work, because Electronic Arts is effectively segregating themselves from the audience anyway. What you need to do is increase your support for Electronic Arts by at the least signing a petition to encourage them to bring the games to the platform, or something real sensible like start buying more of their games.

Yes I know they are overpriced for what they are, or aren't necessarily high quality, but as a fan this really is all your own doing as far as this publisher goes. They brought seventy games to your last platform. Some of which were pretty good, and your response wasn't only to not buy those games, but actually reward the most dialed in games they brought to the platform. You sent the wrong message to them back then, and that means you need to start sending the right message starting right now.

Like it or not Electronic Arts did try to do right by you last generation, and you let their efforts slide through the cracks, and no their games weren't all shit. There weren't a lot of ungodly great games, but that was to be expected with all of the limitations of the hardware, but there were some good games. Like the saying goes you don't know what you got until it is gone, and I think a lot of you aren't appreciating how much less the Wii U will be if Electronic Arts isn't balancing out the equation. The sold over thirty six million games on the platform.

Obviously that isn't enough given they released seventy games, but there is a subtle point there. Some of the owners of that platform wanted those kinds of games, and chances are they weren't the casuals. Those buyers were part of the core, and seeing as the casuals aren't buying in this generation like last generation. The console cannot afford to be losing any of its core support. Especially since the casual focus last generation probably chased away a good chunk of them.

I agree with you mostly, but I didn't bought any EA-games because they didn't appeal to me (and yes, I know what they release). I will not buy one in the future, if they do stuff I'm completely not interested. I think a good point would be to show support for devs and publishers, that actually support the console of choice. In the case of the WiiU: buy Batman, buy MH3U, buy ega Racing (really, it is as good as mario Kart), buy Lego City, buy W101, buy ZombiU, buy Tank!Tank!Tank!

Showing support for devs that support the WiiU will be seen by other devs, that at the moment are reluctant towards the system.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

@menementh

There is one fatal flaw in your logic. The companies that are abandoning the platform are doing so, because they weren't supported by the player base, and they aren't likely to recognize the success of another as success they can have for themselves. They are just going to reach the rational conclusion that the player base fundamentally dislikes them. It doesn't matter how well someone else is doing if they think that there is no chance whatsoever with that audience.

The time for encouraging or molding Electronic Arts is in the past now. It was a missed opportunity that is lost for the time being. The players had a chance to reward Electronic Arts for efforts they approved of last generation, and they chose not to reward them for anything. So now the choice is either you are going to support their tentative overtures, or you aren't going to do that, and they will see themselves out. The time for being picky and choosey is over.

Sometimes in life it gets to a point where you have to make a choice. That is this time at least for Electronic Arts. The player base has only a small window of opportunity to keep them on board, and like I eluded to in my previous post. It is probably more along the lines that the fans of the brand genuinely need Electronic Arts on their platform. If they want their platform to be successful so that they can have more and better games.

I think there is a lot of Hubris on display in this thread. One of the reasons that the Game Cube though it sold poorly was just able to survive on the market is that Electronic Arts supported the platform. You remove them from the equation, and what you have left is a console with actually more minuses then the Game Cube had, and that is a very dangerous situation for the console to be in at any point in its life cycle. Being early on is a very bad sign. Nintendo doesn't have the casuals locked in. They have probably shed a good number of brand loyalists due to their aggressive focus on the casual market, and their competition is probably going to come back at them very strong.

That all said I didn't even touch on what is actually truly scary. If Electronic Arts abandons the platform. That could encourage a number of other third parties to do the same. It could seriously undermine developer faith in the platform as being viable, and that could result in a rush away from the platform. Anyway I think the platform is in a hole with developers as is, and supporting the developers that are staying doesn't resolve the issue of being in the hole.

Tachikoma said:
Kuramakun said:
Who cares, EA blows cawck anyways. I can't come up with a single game they've made in the past 10 years that got me excited or made me play for hours.

They have made and published plenty.

Alice: Madness Returns
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3
Burnout Paradise
Burnout: Revenge
Crysis
Crysis 2
Dead Space 1, 2, 3
Draon Age 1, 2
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
Any Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Need for speed Most Wanted (original and new version)
Need for speed underground 1, 2
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
The Secret World
Team Fortress 2

Of course, if you're basing your opinion on "nintendo released" EA games then you're restricting yourself.

You're missing some good games.

Army of Two
Army of Two the 40th Day
Dante's Inferno
Fight Night series
The Saboteur

I'm not a fan of them, but The Sims series.  And who doesn't like Sim CIty?  They're coming out with a new one.