By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

Mazty said:

CEO's don't "hate" anyone. They like everyone who'll make them money. The Wii U just doesn't have a large enough user base or potential to warrant publishing games for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, CEOs are humans like everyone else. They might have hates. But if their decisions are bad for the company, they might be not CEO forever.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Mazty said:

CEO's don't "hate" anyone. They like everyone who'll make them money. The Wii U just doesn't have a large enough user base or potential to warrant publishing games for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, CEOs are humans like everyone else. They might have hates. But if their decisions are bad for the company, they might be not CEO forever.

CEO's are human. That doesn't mean they let emotion control their buisness actions. If you were to work in a large company this becomes very obvious very quickly. It irritates me how people dumb down buisness at such a high level and talk about "bad feeling". This mindset couldn't be further from reality and unfortunatly just makes a lot of gamers seem ill-informed as to how buisness works.

I don't like much of EA's offerings except for Mass Effect - love that series.

In the end,

sethnintendo said:
Dodece said:

@sethnintendo

As far as independent game developers are concerned. At least Microsoft doesn't have to court them. They give those developers tools to make their games, and the ability to sell them over the marketplace. There are really hundreds on the console, and to be fair I for one am not overly impressed with most of them, but they are there for what it matters.

Been some really good games though on Nintendo online shops.  World of Goo (WiiWare), NightSky (3DSWare), Mutant Mudds (3DSWare), Cave Story (DSiWare, 3DSWare), Little Inferno (WiiUWare), Zen Pinball (3DSWare), Zen Pinball 2 (WiiUWare),

Sure there are plenty of shitty games from indie developers but the ones that are good are games would probably never see the light of day at a major developer.  I'm glad to see the rise of indie developers because the major developers don't really put too much effort into creating something original these days.  They stick with their bread and butter and milk it to death.

Many of the Indie-efforts are multiplatform. PC, XBox and PS3 see them too.

By the way, is Zen Pinball 2 already out for you americans? It is a great game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

RazorDragon said:
Scisca said:
megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:
Own another console if you want 3rd party support. You should know this by now.

Yes, well im sure that theory worked out smashingly for all those Vita owners.

Remember that as of now, Vita is a much more viable platform than the Wii U. Porting a game to Vita makes a lot more sense, than porting it to Wii U. There is little chance that Wii U will get ahead of Vita in terms of sales in 2013, it may even fall further behind if Nintendo fails to release some big hitters this year and people go crazy about PS4/New X-box this Christmas. It's a fair fight between the two brothers in doom, but so far Vita is slightly ahead.

Just a little reality check...

Say that to Resident Evil Revelations HD. Vita has been selling awfully for almost the entire year. Wii U is a new console and is close to the same amount of consoles sold as Vita. It doesn't make any sense to port a game to Vita, that's why only Sony is doing these console ports nowadays.

Capcom has a deal with Nintendo, but I won't lie - it's a big blow and a reason why I've decided to boycott Capcom games. I'm only going to buy the games they release on Vita from now on. But the thing is, RE:R would easily sell better LT on Vita than on 3DS. Yet they chose to ignore it. The situation Wii U is in is quite different, cause this console just doesn't grant you sales of any level, or you could even say - it grants you the game won't sell.

Wii U is not that close to Vita as you say it is. It has barely passed 60% of what Vita has sold thus far, the difference is still over 1.5 million consoles (that's quite a lot if we're talking about small numbers like 4 vs. 2.5 mil) and right now the Wii U, which is still in it's launch window, is gaining a mindblowing 8-10 k per week. Even more importantly, the gap in the software sales is even wider than in hardware sales, and the sales of third party games is abyssmal on Wii U. If you think that it makes no sense to port games to Vita, don't forget that it makes 3-4 times less sense to port games to Wii U. Numbers don't lie. And Sony is not the only company making ports to Vita, I have no idea why you would think so. Vita is slowly starting to receive exclusive 3rd party games in Japan, let alone ports! And I know that Wii U will get ahead of Vita once 1st party games get released and that its fate is much safer and clearer than the fate of Vita, but as it stands now and most probably will till the end of the year, Vita is noticeably ahead and is a much more viable platform for 3rd parties.

I think that Nintendo fanboys over here just can't get their heads over the fact, that when EA releases its games on Wii U, it's risking its own money. They have to put their real, hard-earned cash into these ports and in the current economy every company thinks 10 times before it spends money on something that grants very slim chances of ever showing returns. Releasing games on Wii U right now just isn't profitable, they would be wasting money and in the current financial situation, when so many studios go bust nearly every day, they couldn't care less about "creating communities for their games" on such risky platforms like Wii U, when they already have huge communities on Sony and MS platforms. It's the time when responsible managers play it safe and that's what they seem to be doing. Nintendo is the victim here, but that's just life. To me it's simple - if they want 3rd party games on their console, they have to grant the developers that they will get a certain profit. How they do it is up to Nintendo.

I bet you wouldn't be so eager to throw your own money at making a AAA game that would most probably end up selling 100-160k or something like that. I know I wouldn't.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Podings said:
Well, it's a good thing it's the company I despise the very most who does these things, as that means I can shrug it off a little easier. They don't make games I care about anymore. It's trouble for Nintendo though, even if for me, it makes the system MORE attractive that EA opts out.

I never understand how games missing on a platform makes the platform better. It is the same argument, that Nintendo is bad for hardcore-gamers despite the hardcore-offerings, because of casual games.

Mazty said:
Mnementh said:
Mazty said:

CEO's are human. That doesn't mean they let emotion control their buisness actions. If you were to work in a large company this becomes very obvious very quickly. It irritates me how people dumb down buisness at such a high level and talk about "bad feeling". This mindset couldn't be further from reality and unfortunatly just makes a lot of gamers seem ill-informed as to how buisness works.

CEOs can go emotional in their decisions all they want, as long as the company is in good shape.

Scisca said:

But the thing is, RE:R would easily sell better LT on Vita than on 3DS. Yet they chose to ignore it.

Bold statement. Only Uncharted sold more and COD:BLOPS the same according to VGC. It would make Revelations the best-selling 3rd-party offering on Vita - something that seems unlikely.

Scisca said:

Capcom has a deal with Nintendo, but I won't lie - it's a big blow and a reason why I've decided to boycott Capcom games.

I don't think they have a deal with Nintendo to avoid the Vita. I think the situation with Capcom and Vita is similar to EA and Wii/WiiU. Capcom wants to see Vita dying as EA probably wants to see WiiU dying. Would make the market simpler and they would get rid of a competitor that they sell bad on. Leaves more money for buying Capcom/EA-games.

Mnementh said:

Scisca said:

But the thing is, RE:R would easily sell better LT on Vita than on 3DS. Yet they chose to ignore it.

Bold statement. Only Uncharted sold more and COD:BLOPS the same according to VGC. It would make Revelations the best-selling 3rd-party offering on Vita - something that seems unlikely.

Scisca said:

Capcom has a deal with Nintendo, but I won't lie - it's a big blow and a reason why I've decided to boycott Capcom games.

I don't think they have a deal with Nintendo to avoid the Vita. I think the situation with Capcom and Vita is similar to EA and Wii/WiiU. Capcom wants to see Vita dying as EA probably wants to see WiiU dying. Would make the market simpler and they would get rid of a competitor that they sell bad on. Leaves more money for buying Capcom/EA-games.

@first - I said LT sales and I stand by it. It would be childsplay for Vita version had both these games been released simultanously. Bear in mind that COD and ACIII:L have been out for just 2 months, while RE:R has been out for over a year and still their numbers are already simmilar. And CoD sucks, it's just awful and most gamers ignore it, while RE:R is awesome, so I stand by what I've said.

@second - they do have such a deal, that's why MH4 is released only on 3DS as well. There were leaks about a 3 year exclusivity deal, but the details are not known. I still hope for a delayed port, cause I want to play this game, but only on my Vita.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
RazorDragon said:
Scisca said:
megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:
Own another console if you want 3rd party support. You should know this by now.

Yes, well im sure that theory worked out smashingly for all those Vita owners.

Remember that as of now, Vita is a much more viable platform than the Wii U. Porting a game to Vita makes a lot more sense, than porting it to Wii U. There is little chance that Wii U will get ahead of Vita in terms of sales in 2013, it may even fall further behind if Nintendo fails to release some big hitters this year and people go crazy about PS4/New X-box this Christmas. It's a fair fight between the two brothers in doom, but so far Vita is slightly ahead.

Just a little reality check...

Say that to Resident Evil Revelations HD. Vita has been selling awfully for almost the entire year. Wii U is a new console and is close to the same amount of consoles sold as Vita. It doesn't make any sense to port a game to Vita, that's why only Sony is doing these console ports nowadays.

Capcom has a deal with Nintendo, but I won't lie - it's a big blow and a reason why I've decided to boycott Capcom games. I'm only going to buy the games they release on Vita from now on. But the thing is, RE:R would easily sell better LT on Vita than on 3DS. Yet they chose to ignore it. The situation Wii U is in is quite different, cause this console just doesn't grant you sales of any level, or you could even say - it grants you the game won't sell.

Sorry for ignoring the rest of your post, but i believe i can answer your whole argumentation just quoting that part.

How can you be so sure of this? After all, Super Street Fighter IV sold better on 3DS than on the 360, and that was a launch title. Actually, it sold better than all the sales from Arcade Edition versions put together and was released at the same time as AE which had more content and was made for the home consoles. UMvsC, however, sold poorly on Vita, and SFxT even worse, even if both versions had extra content. Capcom may think there's no market for them on Vita, and based on sales numbers from their games I would agree. Just like EA might have no market on Wii U based on sales, Capcom might have no market on Vita too, so making assumptions like "RE:R would easily sell better LT on Vita than on 3DS" when Capcom's sales numbers tell otherwise is the same as saying Battlefield 3 would sell better if it was released on Wii U than on other consoles. Actually, I believe no version of RE:R will sell as much as the 3DS one, but we will see when it's released.