By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

Scisca said:

@first - I said LT sales and I stand by it. It would be childsplay for Vita version had both these games been released simultanously. Bear in mind that COD and ACIII:L have been out for just 2 months, while RE:R has been out for over a year and still their numbers are already simmilar. And CoD sucks, it's just awful and most gamers ignore it, while RE:R is awesome, so I stand by what I've said.

@second - they do have such a deal, that's why MH4 is released only on 3DS as well. There were leaks about a 3 year exclusivity deal, but the details are not known. I still hope for a delayed port, cause I want to play this game, but only on my Vita.

@first: Hard to say, but you have to admit that RE is a much smaller IP than COD. Also it isn't that important, that COD is out only 2 months, as these games sell most in the beginning. A Just Dance or a Kart-game has not so much frontloaded sales. But COD and RE do.

@second: Ah, you're talking about MH specifically and not about Capcom-games overall. There might be deal - only rumors so far. But Capcom shows no ambition at all to release something substantial for Vita. That may have good reasons as I explained, Capcom might see it as beneficial to reduce the number of systems out there.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

You gotta go where the money is....If there is no money to be made on the WiiU then thats that.

Cobretti2 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
sethnintendo said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/tiger_woods_is_skipping_the_wii_u_this_year

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/01/ea-snubs-wii-u-again-madden-25-isnt-coming-to-wii-u/ (no word on Wii U version, just PS3/360 have been announced for Madden 25)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/ea_excited_about_new_generation_which_is_yet_to_come

RIP Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Bullfrog Productions, Maxis, and many more.

Or current EA games are not selling on the WiiU and it offers no new market, just lost money and time for devs to produce games for it.

So lets all put away the tin hats and realise that from a financial view, the WiiU is dire to any investor.

Any why should any of the current EA games sell well on the Wii U?

- Late Ports

- Older version of the games rebadged

- A third game in a series that heavily relys on the story, oh and by the way the other two consoles get a trilogy pack instead at the same price.

Exactly. Why pay £45 for a game that runs better on the console you already own, for a game you already have completed, which could be bought new for £15?

But as far as the future goes, new games will need more power as new games have to do new things. The next gen consoles "should" offer this power, where as the WiiU does not. In other words, Nintendo have done exactly the same cock up - they have isolated their platform due to poor specs. That isn't going to win you any sales.

Mnementh said:
Mazty said:
CEO's are human. That doesn't mean they let emotion control their buisness actions. If you were to work in a large company this becomes very obvious very quickly. It irritates me how people dumb down buisness at such a high level and talk about "bad feeling". This mindset couldn't be further from reality and unfortunatly just makes a lot of gamers seem ill-informed as to how buisness works.

CEOs can go emotional in their decisions all they want, as long as the company is in good shape.

No, they won't be. CEO's have to work by the yearly plan which is horribly scrutinised by share holders. Either you say why you will make money or you get fired, and emotions don't make you money....

The lack of Madden is a shame because I think if the Wii U could pull off a 1080p version with the ability for
two players to play both with tablets (is this still happening?) so that you could choose your plays without the other player seeing your selections it could be the definitive version of the franchise......

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

I want Mass Effect 4 on Wii-U to use with gamepad =(

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

I already have a beast of PC machine....i still wouldnt mind a dumb down version of it for Wii-U.......

**next time watch out for your bold statements again as if the consoles already been released and know what will happen.

Then your third party needs are more than met. You don't count. I am talking about Nintendo only owners.

I do count. I said I want to use it with gamepad......obviously I prefer it on a Nintendo platform.

Thats psychological....not my problem.

here we go with ur bold statements again. its not a problem. Gamepad is awesome. Eg. COD advantage.

Ive played COD on the Wii U, the pro is better imho. As for you wanting to play a Mass Effect game on a Nintendo console, thats no longer Nintendos problem if the next consoles break past the specs demanded of them which its coming clearer now that they most definitely will. Nintendo will be mostly existing off of exclusives much like the original Wii.

point is the gamepad has an advantage. no reason to go off on a tangent.

Around the Network
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

There is no way Mass Effect would ever exist on the Wii U without severe dumbing down after the new consoles launch. The Wii U wouldnt be able to handle the scale that is expected from the new consoles.

I already have a beast of PC machine....i still wouldnt mind a dumb down version of it for Wii-U.......

**next time watch out for your bold statements again as if the consoles already been released and know what will happen.

Then your third party needs are more than met. You don't count. I am talking about Nintendo only owners.

I do count. I said I want to use it with gamepad......obviously I prefer it on a Nintendo platform.

here we go with ur bold statements again. its not a problem. Gamepad is awesome. Eg. COD advantage.

Ive played COD on the Wii U, the pro is better imho. As for you wanting to play a Mass Effect game on a Nintendo console, thats no longer Nintendos problem if the next consoles break past the specs demanded of them which its coming clearer now that they most definitely will. Nintendo will be mostly existing off of exclusives much like the original Wii.

Devs are not talking about Nintendos controller, they are talking about specs. Wrap your head around it and blame Nintendo for not adhering. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

Devs are not talking about Nintendos controller, they are talking about specs. Wrap your head around it and blame Nintendo for not adhering. 

*I want Mass Effect 4 on Wii-U to use with gamepad =(

see the sad face? or no?

KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

see the sad face? or no?

Nintendo made a very bold choice and they will cash in on a lot of great games this gen, they will do it at the cost of a lot of the big budget titles though. I will have a Wii U myself but I have no pity on Nintendo for their decisions. I feel for you since you seem to be such a Nintendo fan.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

see the sad face? or no?

Nintendo made a very bold choice and they will cash in on a lot of great games this gen, they will do it at the cost of a lot of the big budget titles though. I will have a Wii U myself but I have no pity on Nintendo for their decisions. I feel for you since you seem to be such a Nintendo fan.

pity on the preference not Nintendo. very big difference. I still win.

KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KeptoKnight said:

see the sad face? or no?

pity on the preference not Nintendo. very big difference. I still win.

As much as I respect them their relationship with third parties is primarily their fault. Missed opportunties, failure to work together to provide a tandem experience supplying multiplats on a smooth level for nearly twenty years. I agree, pity on the preference, but it didnt have to be this way for them. Nintendo creates new consoles with their own specs regardless of the powerful engines devs pump out.