By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

Mnementh said:
bananaking21 said:
Deyon said:
bananaking21 said:

are you talking for real or being sarcastic ?

I'm being serious with you, Bro.

you do realize that EA is a huge company and they are after one thing, money. holding a grudge is something pitty and childish that a company would never do

Companies don't hold grudges. You're right. But companies also don't make decisions. That's always people who decide things. There is no company-master-brain, that makes the decisions.

That said, I don't believe in grudges. EA-games aren't usually the type that sells well on Nintendo-systems. That's why they would prefer a market without Nintendo. So they would like to see Nintendo-systems die, that might bring probably a bigger userbase to the systems on which they sell better. Same with Capcom, who seemingly want to see the Vita die. Both can't ignore WiiU/Vita, if the sales pick up, but at the moment they can try to do their own to kill the systems.

if EA games dont sell on nintendo systems why would they want nintendo to die? so their userbase would move on to sony and ms? they will still be the same people and not buy their games. your point is illogical. if EA games dont sell on nintnedo systems then dont release them on it, simple as that. but EA would gain nothing if nintendo "died" and certainly dont want it

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
It's a vicious cycle that can't be stopped. Nintendo gamers boycott EA because EA ignore Nintendo because Nintendo gamers boycott EA because...

I don't understand these boycotts. Why would anyone boycott EA to have their games on their console? 

Well, it is impossible for me to boycott EA. I looked at my games, and I have not a single game from EA. I have Ubisoft, THQ, Capcom, Namco, Square, Atlus - but no EA. I'm completely uninterested in the games they offer. I think that it is somehow surprising, seeing how much games I own and that I don't care who releases them. But EA only caters to all these casuals who wanna play football (yes, for americans it's soccer) at home, instead on the field with friends.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
It's a vicious cycle that can't be stopped. Nintendo gamers boycott EA because EA ignore Nintendo because Nintendo gamers boycott EA because...

I don't understand these boycotts. Why would anyone boycott EA to have their games on their console? 

Well, it is impossible for me to boycott EA. I looked at my games, and I have not a single game from EA. I have Ubisoft, THQ, Capcom, Namco, Square, Atlus - but no EA. I'm completely uninterested in the games they offer. I think that it is somehow surprising, seeing how much games I own and that I don't care who releases them. But EA only caters to all these casuals who wanna play football (yes, for americans it's soccer) at home, instead on the field with friends.

So...you've never played Dragon Age, Dead Space, Mass Effect or Battlefield at least? EA might have an iron fist but have the list of franchises to back it up.

M.U.G.E.N said:
BuckStud said:

Is it really his loss?  I have every currently available system and will no longer purchase EA games new for any of them.  They've done plenty in the past few years to tick me off.  I have so many great games from other publishers, that I simply do not need EA games.

As for Nintendo, EA is ticked at them because they wanted Nintendo to use Origin for their online system on the Wii U...Nintendo turned them down....btw...Origin sucks, and is one of the reasons why I no longer purchase EA games.  I say good riddens to them.

Yes it definitely is. Listen, imho publishers and devs do shit to piss us off from time to time...pretty much everyone does this at one point or the other. But this is like cutting off your nose cuz you are angry with the face or something (I swear this sounds much better in my own language than it does in english lol) Not playing any EA game for 10 years+? That's crazy. Come on now even you must admit EA have made good games in the past 10 years. Won't do anyone any good if you boycott them. Buy them used or borrow them if you don't want to give the company money..No reason why you should deprive yourself of some good games 

As I said, I don't purchase them new anymore and to be honest purchase very few used. When you have all the systems, just finding time to play all of the system exclusive titles is tough. If I tried to play every single game that is fun and worth playing, I'd have zero life. That being said, it's very easy for me choose not to play EA games. The people who are "cutting of their nose" are the people who hate on one system or another because they don't like the competition for their favorite company. There are way to many great exclusive titles for all the system to do that. They are the real ones losing out.

Stop hating and start playing.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:

company people don't have feelings man so it is silly to presume that this has anything to do with Nintendo crapping all over their Origin shit system

not that EA wold support WiiU more if Nintendo went along with Origin

Outside of rumors..is there anything to even back up this notion of origin fallout? 

EA's lack of support.

Around the Network

Didn't bought new a EA game since 2007 with my pre-ordered version of Crysis for the PC. I personally never cared for their games, and with that awful DLC policy and online-passes, i simply decided that i wouldn't buy any new games coming from them anymore, so having or not having their support on Wii U doesn't change a thing for me.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The Mass Effect Trilogy,

Dragon Age series

Crysis games,

Deadspace,

Battlefield,

Fuse,

Army of Two,

Sim City,

Command & Conquer,

Need for Speed,

Medal of Honor, 

Fifa

NHL

Madden

NCAA

....and a lot of other notable titles that MATTER because the list is too f'n long.

Haven't the latest Bioware games declined in quality? Not that I ever liked them, but I've seen constant complaints around forums about it. Bioware's dead, yada yada

Surprisingly, there's only a single game among your list that I like - Sim City. Kinda looking forward to the next one (though I've never dealt with Origin yet, yikes). The only sport game I play is NBA (2k), the one sport they don't have a hold of.

On topic, if EA truly does ignore the Wii U, it certainly isn't good news for the console.

c0rd said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The Mass Effect Trilogy,

Dragon Age series

Crysis games,

Deadspace,

Battlefield,

Fuse,

Army of Two,

Sim City,

Command & Conquer,

Need for Speed,

Medal of Honor, 

Fifa

NHL

Madden

NCAA

....and a lot of other notable titles that MATTER because the list is too f'n long.

Haven't the latest Bioware games declined in quality? Not that I ever liked them, but I've seen constant complaints around forums about it. Bioware's dead, yada yada

Surprisingly, there's only a single game among your list that I like - Sim City. Kinda looking forward to the next one (though I've never dealt with Origin yet, yikes). The only sport game I play is NBA (2k), the one sport they don't have a hold of.

On topic, if EA truly does ignore the Wii U, it certainly isn't good news for the console.

Nope, EA hasn't declinded in quality. Its the DLC and Origin that are the problem and I am a gamer, I will play their games regardless. They are at the top of third party console publishers near to Ubisoft (whom is supporting the Wii U, but will be forced not to fully support them because of lower specs as you'll see).They just have expectations of the brands who they put their titles on. They used to play  Nintendos game until formidable competition came out and no longer had to live under their rule. They couldn't support Sega back in the 90's when Nintendo had the majority of the console market. My how times change.

bananaking21 said:

ohh really and who's fault is that that DLC wasnt released on their console? surely not nintendo with their shitty online network and shity online shops. heck nintendo is STILL having problems with DLC and online bought content even on there next gen console. add that to the fact that the Wii has no HDD like the ps3 or 360 to store that content. i mean yeah push DLC on a platform that cant even hold it. that makes sense

Shitty online network? Shitty online shop? Problems with DLC? Can you be more specific? What problems? What is shitty about the shop and the network?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
you said they suck so why bitch about it? Didnt ea suck to all nintendo fans? Why should you bother with them or want their games ?

Nintendo only owners have been left out the great third party support talks for a lonnnnnnng time. EA wont be the first company to get hate. In order for a Nintendo fan to get the full experience they should at least have one other console or PC to supplement the lack of third parties and get some exclusives on the side.