By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

I hope it goes bankrupt and stops polluting the gaming world. I don't need random shooters or sleep inducing sport games.

And yet, when Valve insulted the PlayStation, there was bias and hate, but now, it's clearly the fans.

Around the Network
coolguy said:
Ea stinks.they have the same game every year just with a new player on the cover

the only third party publishers who i can think of that dont do that are rockstar and bethesda 

morenoingrato said:
I hope it goes bankrupt and stops polluting the gaming world. I don't need random shooters or sleep inducing sport games.

And yet, when Valve insulted the PlayStation, there was bias and hate, but now, it's clearly the fans.

lol what am I even reading. You can't be serious 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
sethnintendo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
wait you didn't play any EA game in the past 10+ years? yikes

Not till they make another General Chaos.

Your loss man..and the funny thing is such actions even backs up their actions when it comes to the wiiu

Is it really his loss?  I have every currently available system and will no longer purchase EA games new for any of them.  They've done plenty in the past few years to tick me off.  I have so many great games from other publishers, that I simply do not need EA games.

As for Nintendo, EA is ticked at them because they wanted Nintendo to use Origin for their online system on the Wii U...Nintendo turned them down....btw...Origin sucks, and is one of the reasons why I no longer purchase EA games.  I say good riddens to them.

Stop hating and start playing.

BuckStud said:

Is it really his loss?  I have every currently available system and will no longer purchase EA games new for any of them.  They've done plenty in the past few years to tick me off.  I have so many great games from other publishers, that I simply do not need EA games.

As for Nintendo, EA is ticked at them because they wanted Nintendo to use Origin for their online system on the Wii U...Nintendo turned them down....btw...Origin sucks, and is one of the reasons why I no longer purchase EA games.  I say good riddens to them.

Yes it definitely is. Listen, imho publishers and devs do shit to piss us off from time to time...pretty much everyone does this at one point or the other. But this is like cutting off your nose cuz you are angry with the face or something (I swear this sounds much better in my own language than it does in english lol) Not playing any EA game for 10 years+? That's crazy. Come on now even you must admit EA have made good games in the past 10 years. Won't do anyone any good if you boycott them. Buy them used or borrow them if you don't want to give the company money..No reason why you should deprive yourself of some good games 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Good for you, your not missing anything good.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

BaldrSkies said:
The only significant third party support Nintendo seems to have left are some big Japanese game companies...

If all Nintendo wins is Japan for the next 5 years, they'll do better than Sony. Bread and butter = Nintendo handhelds. Individual 3DS games are still out selling every other japanese game in the charts combined frequently.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

hunter_alien said:
Not this again. Its simple: you like Nintendo games, you buy a Nintendo console. You want strong 3rd party support you also buy a Sony or MS console. You dont have the money for 2 or 3 consoles? get an extra job, or dont buy an extra console, at the end of the day its not food

You are proud of your boycott? Why? For potentially missing out on dozens of quality games, and mutilating your gaming culture by your own will? Good for you

You are completely right, but bringing EA-sports games and quality into connection is ... somehow wrong.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

bananaking21 said:
Deyon said:
bananaking21 said:

are you talking for real or being sarcastic ?

I'm being serious with you, Bro.

you do realize that EA is a huge company and they are after one thing, money. holding a grudge is something pitty and childish that a company would never do

Companies don't hold grudges. You're right. But companies also don't make decisions. That's always people who decide things. There is no company-master-brain, that makes the decisions.

That said, I don't believe in grudges. EA-games aren't usually the type that sells well on Nintendo-systems. That's why they would prefer a market without Nintendo. So they would like to see Nintendo-systems die, that might bring probably a bigger userbase to the systems on which they sell better. Same with Capcom, who seemingly want to see the Vita die. Both can't ignore WiiU/Vita, if the sales pick up, but at the moment they can try to do their own to kill the systems.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

S.Peelman said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Keep boycotting them just because of their feelings with Nintendo. EA has had some of the finest third party titles this gen has had to offer.

Such as? Haven't bought a single EA game this entire gen, and most of the last. Better yet, the last EA game I bought was probably SimCity 4, right before their influence ruined Maxis and SimCity with it. Or The Third Age on GC, whichever is older.

Speaking in general:

Pretty much everything they put out sucks outright, because they don't care in the slightest what games they publish. It's so obvious they're 110% in it for the money and have no pride or code of honour whatsoever. From a pure gaming point of view, if this is true and EA's lost to Nintendo, I don't care one bit and they're not going to be missed.

The Mass Effect Trilogy,

Dragon Age series

Crysis games,

Deadspace,

Battlefield,

Fuse,

Army of Two,

Sim City,

Command & Conquer,

Need for Speed,

Medal of Honor, 

Fifa

NHL

Madden

NCAA

....and a lot of other notable titles that MATTER because the list is too f'n long.

EA talks shit about Nintendo because Nintendo never beefs up their tech standard. They keep doing it and they'll keep getting the shaft. Nintendo is hard headed, this is why they had third parties in a love me or leave me situation in the 90's until the Playstation arrived. They dont have to play by Nintendos rules anymore.