By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

pezus said:

They don't want to play their games but still want them deep inside to help the console sell. So, when EA have already begun this "defecation", there is no other choice for the Nintendo gamer but to boycott. They don't want their games anyway! Win-win

But, we all know Third Party games don't sell on Nintendo consoles anyway!

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network

Outside of Madden, FIFA and BioWare creations (Mass Effect and Dragon Age), what has EA done within the last few years worth noting?

That being said, it is up to Nintendo to make companies such as EA and others regret the decision since they messed up their own launch by not having enough actual original software to move the system.

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

They don't want to play their games but still want them deep inside to help the console sell. So, when EA have already begun this "defecation", there is no other choice for the Nintendo gamer but to boycott. They don't want their games anyway! Win-win

But, we all know Third Party games don't sell on Nintendo consoles anyway!

Yes, that's because of the constant boycotts!

NoirSon said:
Outside of Madden, FIFA and BioWare creations (Mass Effect and Dragon Age), what has EA done within the last few years worth noting?

That being said, it is up to Nintendo to make companies such as EA and others regret the decision since they messed up their own launch by not having enough actual original software to move the system.

Battlefield...Dead Space, Crysis, The Sims (yes, I went there), Need for Speed, Burnout etc. etc. Basically, a lot of popular franchises.

pezus said:

Yes, that's because of the constant boycotts!

That and that Nintendo Gamers don't buy Third Rate Party titles, of course.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Keep boycotting them just because of their feelings with Nintendo. EA has had some of the finest third party titles this gen has had to offer.

Such as? Haven't bought a single EA game this entire gen, and most of the last. Better yet, the last EA game I bought was probably SimCity 4, right before their influence ruined Maxis and SimCity with it. Or The Third Age on GC, whichever is older.

Speaking in general:

Pretty much everything they put out sucks outright, because they don't care in the slightest what games they publish. It's so obvious they're 110% in it for the money and have no pride or code of honour whatsoever. From a pure gaming point of view, if this is true and EA's lost to Nintendo, I don't care one bit and they're not going to be missed.

I definitely hold kind of a grudge against EA for what happened to Bullfrog and OSI, but they have released some decent stuff too, and Nintendo's consoles could really do with their support.

The FIFA series has really come into its own this generation, and Mirror's Edge probably sneaks into my top 10 for the generation so far, despite all the flaws. (C'mon EA, you make sequels for every other god damn thing, where's my free-running at?)

wfz said:

I don't really care what EA does with support for Nintendo, but I will say that this "gen 3" and "gen 4" talk from them is driving me fucking insane. It'd be like if I started counting grade school from grade 4, so my idea of "3rd graders" were actually 6th graders. It just doesn't work like that and it's retarded.

its just something they use internally. it states the 3D generations. so PS1 and n64 are gen 1 and so on. its not a big deal

I do wonder what's going on with their sports game announcements this year. Madden went from 5 consoles last year to 2 this year. Appears a weird decision, so maybe there's a later announcement to come...

... or maybe that's just their future focus, seeing as (apparently) Tiger Woods went from 6 consoles to 2 between '12 and '13. The games are both developed at Tiburon, so maybe there's trouble in that studio or something. Or perhaps not.

pezus said:
NoirSon said:

Battlefield...Dead Space, Crysis, The Sims (yes, I went there), Need for Speed, Burnout etc. etc. Basically, a lot of popular franchises.

Don't forget Mass Effect, SSX, Rockband, Fifa, Mirrors Edge etc

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!