By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA continues to defecate on Nintendo

Deyon said:
bananaking21 said:

thats because they get a return on it, most probably from emerging markets like the middle east and countries in asia where football is the most popular sport there by far and people get PS2's to play fifa

Again, not true.

E.A hates Nintendo like many other publishers because of the way Nintendo treated them back in the day when they were on top.

Do a little research on Nintendo and you will find your answer.

9/11 was orchestrated by the US government.
Moon landings never happened.
JFK was shot from the grassy knoll. 
EA hates Nintendo.

CEO's don't "hate" anyone. They like everyone who'll make them money. The Wii U just doesn't have a large enough user base or potential to warrant publishing games for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Yes, EA is incontinent.

But honestly, their games will not be missed.

Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space and FIFA say hi

Own another console if you want 3rd party support. You should know this by now.

richardhutnik said:
bananaking21 said:
let me guess, EA is pist and angry at nintendo. they dont like them and want them to fail. lets all wear tin foil hats now and unveil this conspiracy against nintendo

They did the same thing with Sega actually.  Tiger Woods with the Wiimote and also the screen would of been cool, so you could actually see where the ball lay.  Oh well....

you really think inverstors would let EA not support a system if they could make money off of it just because EA holds a grudge?

and im pretty sure more people qouted me than you, but i wont really bother with looking them up, i bet there to many lol

maverick40 said:

Yes, well im sure that theory worked out smashingly for all those Vita owners.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:

There is enough games on the Vita to  warrant a purchase without a doubt. And the 1st party titles that are coming this year look incredible, leave the Vita out of this. This thread is about Nintendo.

so this is about the sports games not coming to the WiiU huh? read this, its from EA them self

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-13-ea-next-gen-consoles-will-most-likely-not-be-backwards-compatible

read the part about the sports games. / thread

megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:

Remember that as of now, Vita is a much more viable platform than the Wii U. Porting a game to Vita makes a lot more sense, than porting it to Wii U. There is little chance that Wii U will get ahead of Vita in terms of sales in 2013, it may even fall further behind if Nintendo fails to release some big hitters this year and people go crazy about PS4/New X-box this Christmas. It's a fair fight between the two brothers in doom, but so far Vita is slightly ahead.

Just a little reality check...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

maverick40 said:
megaman79 said:
maverick40 said:

There is enough games on the Vita to  warrant a purchase without a doubt. And the 1st party titles that are coming this year look incredible, leave the Vita out of this. This thread is about Nintendo.

Hey man, you brought it up. 3rd party support has deserted the Vita, by Sony's own admission.

So tell me again why (how) Sony next gen. will reap all this 3rd party support (without ofcourse mimicking as closely as possible one of its competitors to piggyback easy ports from - thats given the likely inevitability that MS will not pay out the ass for exclusivity from 3rd parties)?.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

RolStoppable said:
bananaking21 said:
so this is about the sports games not coming to the WiiU huh? read this, its from EA them self

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-13-ea-next-gen-consoles-will-most-likely-not-be-backwards-compatible

read the part about the sports games. / thread

You will have to explain this one to me.

fuck wrong link, let me get you the on

"you'll most likely not be able to play with someone on a different generation. And so if you're a FIFA player and, and the soccer season's starting in August, and all your friends are playing FIFA, you're going to want to be on the same box that they're on. So if they all go out and buy a gen-four box if it comes out at Christmas, then you'll most likely do it. If they all hold on and continue to play on third-generation, you'll probably not see that box purchase until after the soccer season's over."

he is talking about next-gen consoles but his point of view also applies to the WiiU. you wont buy it on the WiiU because your friends will buy it on their current gen system

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/186504/EAs_money_man_spills_the_beans_on_its_nextgen_plans.php#.URuc8qVHI5p