By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Honours Dedicated Trophy Hunters with Congratulations

Tagged games:

0 platinum trophys but a bunch of 1000Gs

Around the Network

€dit: see my other post

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Good god! You are insane.

No, this is insane:

badgenome said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Good god! You are insane.

No, this is insane:

Holy shit! He has a platinum on more than half of all the games he's played! Thats insane!

crissindahouse said:

only 250 people on this planet have the platinum for killzone 3?  i thought there are always like 10k people who get every trophy possible.

Yeah, something is not adding up here. VGChartz is showing approximately 2.41M sold for Killzone 3. If only 0.01% of people of earned the platinum trophy for Killzone 3, that would be only 241 people. Now, this doesn't take into account people who rented the game, purchased it second hand, borrowed from a friend, etc.

However, on psnprofiles.com, of the 179,587 registered users who have played Killzone 3, 23,921 have earned the platinum trophy. Even if you take into account those who rented, borrow, or purchased a used copy of the game, it doesn't add up.

Maybe they meant 1% or 0.01 ? And not 0.01%? 1% would be 24,100 people.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
ethomaz said:

All my Platinums.

How do you guys have so much spare time? O_o

I have LBP and The Walking Dead plats. That's it.

I have about that same number but pick and choose which games I go for.  I also don't do multiplayer so I don't waste time on that.  I've done the whole GoW series, Uncharteds, Heavy Rain, Ratchets, Jak 1, Walking Dead, Dishonored, Deus Ex, Infamouses, Resistance 3, Slys, PSallstars, AC2, Batmans, Skyrim, and a lot more but they all had easily obtainable or quickly obtainable ones.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Arcturus said:
crissindahouse said:

only 250 people on this planet have the platinum for killzone 3?  i thought there are always like 10k people who get every trophy possible.

Yeah, something is not adding up here. VGChartz is showing approximately 2.41M sold for Killzone 3. If only 0.01% of people of earned the platinum trophy for Killzone 3, that would be only 241 people. Now, this doesn't take into account people who rented the game, purchased it second hand, borrowed from a friend, etc.

However, on psnprofiles.com, of the 179,587 registered users who have played Killzone 3, 23,921 have earned the platinum trophy. Even if you take into account those how rented, borrow, or purchased a used copy of the game, it doesn't add up.

Maybe they meant 1% or 0.01 ? And not 0.01%? 1% would be 24,100 people.

just deleted my post because i was going  to write something else and i thought it's only for members of one site but yeah, 0.01% is one of 10k users which makes absolutely no sense to me since on the site you posted every ~8th has that trophy so maybe "you are one of 10%" would be correct lol.

@ethomaz, can you explain that, maybe i fail to understand the logic behind that.

Killzone 3??? that was an easy plat! they should have been thanking Killzone 2!

If somebody wants to know my completed (original 1000G) games....

Retail:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Skyrim
Need For Speed Shift
Prototype 2
Alan Wake
Crysis
Bully
The Godfather 2
Dante's Inferno
Lost Via Domus
Terminator Salvation
King Kong
FIFA 06 RTWC
2006 FIFA World Cup

Arcade:
The Walking Dead (1-5)
Torchlight
Fez
Minecraft
Call of Duty Classic
Trine 2
Costume Quest
Battle Los Angeles
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Comic Jumper
Who wants to be a Millionaire
Dash of Destruction
Wallace and Gromit (1-4)

As you can see I usually don't try to 1000G every game unless it's easy or I love the game.

I only platnium UC games lol. I should work more on getting platniums since im close to getting them most of the time but pure laziness gets the best of me.