By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Honours Dedicated Trophy Hunters with Congratulations

Tagged games:

I always say I'm gonna get my first platinum trophy and never following through with it. One day though.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Arcturus said:

Yeah, something is not adding up here. VGChartz is showing approximately 2.41M sold for Killzone 3. If only 0.01% of people of earned the platinum trophy for Killzone 3, that would be only 241 people. Now, this doesn't take into account people who rented the game, purchased it second hand, borrowed from a friend, etc.

However, on psnprofiles.com, of the 179,587 registered users who have played Killzone 3, 23,921 have earned the platinum trophy. Even if you take into account those who rented, borrow, or purchased a used copy of the game, it doesn't add up.

Maybe they meant 1% or 0.01 ? And not 0.01%? 1% would be 24,100 people.

I think 0.01% is about every PSN user... ~70m.... so ~700k guys.

ethomaz said:

All my Platinums.

I am more impressed as you are from Brasil.  Brasillian I know told me games down there cost the equivalent of $100-$150.  I'd have to give up gaming if that were the case here.

ethomaz said:

HELLLL YEAH!!! I'M ONE OF THE 0.01%

Oh, how I have tried man, Congratulations indeed, that´s is a very hard one. Only got platinum at Heavy Rain and Walking Dead =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

ethomaz said:

Arcturus said:

Yeah, something is not adding up here. VGChartz is showing approximately 2.41M sold for Killzone 3. If only 0.01% of people of earned the platinum trophy for Killzone 3, that would be only 241 people. Now, this doesn't take into account people who rented the game, purchased it second hand, borrowed from a friend, etc.

However, on psnprofiles.com, of the 179,587 registered users who have played Killzone 3, 23,921 have earned the platinum trophy. Even if you take into account those who rented, borrow, or purchased a used copy of the game, it doesn't add up.

€dit: no, 7k

Around the Network

Augen said:

I am more impressed as you are from Brasil.  Brasillian I know told me games down there cost the equivalent of $100-$150.  I'd have to give up gaming if that were the case here.

A launch game today is R$149 (~US$75) but less than one year ago it was R$200 (~US$100).

I don't rember any game except limited or collection edition priced US$150 here.

Anyway I have 50 games with Platinum Trophy and I got 32... some game I paid R$40 (~US$20) like BioShock 1 and 2.

ethomaz said:

Arcturus said:

Still doesn't add up though:

70M PSN Users * 0.01% = 7000 people. psnprofiles.com is currently showing 23,921 people with the Killzone 3 platinum.

My hardest Platinum was WipEout HD BTW... I can't believe today I have all the luck to beat the Zico or even get Gold Medal in all tracks in Elite Difficult.

I will never do that again lol lol lol

ethomaz said:

Augen said:

A launch game today is R$149 (~US$75) but less than one year ago it was R$200 (~US$100).

I don't rember any game except limited or collection edition priced US$150 here.

Anyway I have 50 games with Platinum Trophy and I got 32... some game I paid R$40 (~US$20) like BioShock 1 and 2.

So, do you live in Brazil? Me too! Be my friend!

Also, DMC and MGSR are R$ 199 at Walmart.com.br.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

adriane23 said:
I always say I'm gonna get my first platinum trophy and never following through with it. One day though.

play walking dead and it's impossible not to get it lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers