By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - January

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
10 days is fine, but 20-30 days is a excessive. i'll never see the point or approve of a 20-30 day ban.

What's the big deal, you have to have done a number of offences to get a ban that long, its a final warning for them to consider before the permaban.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
10 days is fine, but 20-30 days is a excessive. i'll never see the point or approve of a 20-30 day ban.

What's the big deal, you have to have done a number of offences to get a ban that long, its a final warning for them to consider before the permaban.

i respect all the mod's for the job they do cause it's not the most glamorous, and it doesn't gain you any friends and it's a tough job, but i don't see a reason for a 20-30 day bann no matter how many times a rules been violated.

then again exsessive trolling, flaming, or insults are exceptable, but i won't be comforable with it.

i got banned this time last yr. for tagging a thread. we all do it but i got bannd for spamming. now i could admit i spammed before then, but bookmarking, or tagging a thread is no reason for a bann that i wasn't even here for. i was gone for to months before the bann occurred.

Barioz you should look into over turning that one for me. then again i think you did it.

man-bear-pig said:
Barozi said:
man-bear-pig said:

I demand that my moderation from Axumblade is removed (because it was just him shortening a ban tads gave me for an 'offence' in December and I wasn't actually banned for any time) and my moderation from Kantor is also removed (as Axum unbanned me shortly after I received the ban because it was a misunderstanding)...

I told you that I would remove tads ban (which I did) and post axums ban reduction instead this month. About that other ban I have no idea what happened afterwards, but I know that you were banned at least a few hours so that still counts.

I was unbanned for the Kantor moderation, so it definately shouldn't count....last month Mr Khan unbanned me and you didn't include it in the list, so what's changed this month?

Because Khan left a message in your mod history that he downgraded his ban to a warning. There is no message in your mod history that the latest ban was a mistake.

NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Wow, this was a really bad month for Mr Khan, he got banned tons of times and by so many different people!

I'm not sure I get it...

Yeh well..ninpie..sometimes I dont get you

Barozi said:
man-bear-pig said:
Barozi said:
man-bear-pig said:

I demand that my moderation from Axumblade is removed (because it was just him shortening a ban tads gave me for an 'offence' in December and I wasn't actually banned for any time) and my moderation from Kantor is also removed (as Axum unbanned me shortly after I received the ban because it was a misunderstanding)...

I told you that I would remove tads ban (which I did) and post axums ban reduction instead this month. About that other ban I have no idea what happened afterwards, but I know that you were banned at least a few hours so that still counts.

I was unbanned for the Kantor moderation, so it definately shouldn't count....last month Mr Khan unbanned me and you didn't include it in the list, so what's changed this month?

Because Khan left a message in your mod history that he downgraded his ban to a warning. There is no message in your mod history that the latest ban was a mistake.

The mighty Axumblade doesn't need to leave a message. You can ask him if you want...

Around the Network

Can you give us the date a user was banned?

Sal.Paradise said:

Yeh well..ninpie..sometimes I dont get you

Hey, don't stick your tongue out at me missy!

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
slowmo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i respect all the mod's for the job they do cause it's not the most glamorous, and it doesn't gain you any friends and it's a tough job, but i don't see a reason for a 20-30 day bann no matter how many times a rules been violated.

then again exsessive trolling, flaming, or insults are exceptable, but i won't be comforable with it.

i got banned this time last yr. for tagging a thread. we all do it but i got bannd for spamming. now i could admit i spammed before then, but bookmarking, or tagging a thread is no reason for a bann that i wasn't even here for. i was gone for to months before the bann occurred.

Barioz you should look into over turning that one for me. then again i think you did it.

Fair enough, I think a lengthy ban for legitimate reasons is fine but I can understand other approaches too. I do like how our mods work, the recent permaban of a certain user that was always confrontational and had a serious attitude problem was a great call as he did nothing positive for the community. Sometimes you have to break some eggs, I know I've been hit with the mod hammer enough to mellow my posts down. I have some bans on my list that were harsh but with hindsight and a fresh pair of eyes I can see how the mod team maybe just got fed up and modded me (plus I think zexen had a crush on my profile).

PSwii60 said:
Can you give us the date a user was banned?

Hmmmm why would that matter ?

Miguel_Zorro said:
platformmaster918 said:
dsgrue3 said:
platformmaster918 said:
ban free month yay

Congratulations on your success. You may choose:

uuuuuuuummmmmmmm...i want the green silly straw.  Green is awesome!

Everybody knows that sticky hands are the correct choice in this situation.

No way, sticky hans are fun for about 5 minutes.  Then they fall on the carpet or touch something gross and they get covered in all kinds of gross pet hair and carpet fuzz.