By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most improved sequels

What game sequels would you say represent the biggest leaps in quality over their predecessors?

Around the Network

Portal > Portal 2

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

SSB to SSBM
SML to SM64

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Easily Assassin's Creed 2. People complain about the series now (due to the year after year releases and saturating the market) but many forgot how huge of a jump it was from Assassin's Creed to it's sequel.

Not only improving the visuals to actually include a very important element, COLOR; the gameplay added more depth and variety as well as difficulty. The story was a big leap, it was longer than it's predecessor, and the soundtrack was amazing. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I agree SSB-SSBM

Also
SM Sunshine-Galaxy

Around the Network

inFamous 2

Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

Assassin's Creed 2

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (This one counts, the Bad Company series is separate from the BF series)

Forza 3 over Forza 2.
GT 2 over GT 1.
GT 4 over GT3.
God of War 3 over God of War 2.
Tekken 3 over Tekken 2
SoulCalibur over SoulBlade/Edge
Thats just a few probably could name a ton more.

Red Steel - Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 3 - Resident Evil4

& I'll second that Portal 2 is leaps & bounds better then Portal. I loved Portal 2.

Shadow Hearts --> Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Resident Evil 3 --> Resident Evil 4
Grand Theft Auto (everything) --> Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Devil May Cry 2 --> Devil May Cry 3 (This is mainly because 2 was so bad).
Final Fantasy 4 --> Final Fantasy V (my controversial pick).

The sequals are on the right.

ps3-sales! said:

Easily Assassin's Creed 2. People complain about the series now (due to the year after year releases and saturating the market) but many forgot how huge of a jump it was from Assassin's Creed to it's sequel.

Not only improving the visuals to actually include a very important element, COLOR; the gameplay added more depth and variety as well as difficulty. The story was a big leap, it was longer than it's predecessor, and the soundtrack was amazing. 

Hated the first Assasins Creed the first time I played it but once I beat it I actually liked it that being said I totally agree that the second one is miles better.