By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most improved sequels

Adventures of Link
Metroid

Around the Network

Super Mario Sunshine --> Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. (64) --> SSB Melee

All time would be Street Fighter 2. It improved greatly over its predecessor and revolutionized gaming forever.

The rest:

Assassin's Creed 2

Infamous 2

Uncharted 2

FInal Fantasy IX (Though not really a sequel to anything)

Prototype 2

Battle Arena Toshinden 2

Tekken 3

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

I'll add more later.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil 3
Come at me bro.

Also:
Assassin's Creed II
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Metal Gear Solid 3
Skyrim
Call of Duty 4

Player2 said:

Street Fighter - Street Fighter II

Super Mario Bros 2 - Super Mario Bros 3

Metroid II - Super Metroid

Soul Blade - Soul Calibur

Resident Evil Zero - Resident Evil 4

Pokemon RBY - Pokemon GSC

Final Fantasy VIII - Final Fantasy IX

Suikoden - Suikoden II

AD&D Tower of Doom - AD&D Shadow Over Mystara

Oh, I feel so stupid for forgetting Street Fighter.

I have to change my answer. The gap between Street Fighter and Street Fighter II is enormous, much bigger than that between Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Good call, Player2.

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed 2 seems to be the popular choice.

For me, I'd say:

Resident Evil 4 (Previous RE games managed to successfully convey fear, but even at the time I found their controls and camera frustrating. RE4, on the other hand, remains the greatest game I have ever played)

Red Steel 2 (The first one was horrible, bogged down by lousy controls, moronic AI, hammy voices acting, and boring level design. The sequel, however, is an excellent action game with some of the best motion controls of any game to date, and a great sense of style)

Super Mario Galaxy (Sunshine rattled my faith in Nintendo somewhat by being the first mainline Mario game to not be an actual good game. Galaxy was a dramatic return to form, replacing Sunshine's mediocrity with yet another one of the finest games I've played to date)

S.Peelman said:
- Star Fox < Star Fox 64
BasilZero said:

-Star Fox 64 over Star Fox

I actually found the SNES Starfox better than Starfox 64. It was more revolutionary, more challenging, had better music, had no horrid Slippy voice, had better worlds, (Macbeth was a volcanic cave instead of a generic factory world, and Fortuna was prowled by dinosaurs and dragons instead of just being a boring snowball) and had a darker, more epic tone. (Team mates actually died instead of retreating for repairs, for instance)

curl-6 said:

For me, I'd say:

Resident Evil 4 (Previous RE games managed to successfully convey fear, but even at the time I found their controls and camera frustrating. RE4, on the other hand, remains the greatest game I have ever played)

Red Steel 2 (The first one was horrible, bogged down by lousy controls, moronic AI, hammy voices acting, and boring level design. The sequel, however, is an excellent action game with some of the best motion controls of any game to date, and a great sense of style)

Super Mario Galaxy (Sunshine rattled my faith in Nintendo somewhat by being the first mainline Mario game to not be an actual good game. Galaxy was a dramatic return to form, replacing Sunshine's mediocrity with yet another one of the finest games I've played to date)

S.Peelman said:
- Star Fox < Star Fox 64
BasilZero said:

I actually found the SNES Starfox better than Starfox 64. It was more revolutionary, more challenging, had better music, had no horrid Slippy voice, had better worlds, (Macbeth was a volcanic cave instead of a generic factory world, and Fortuna was prowled by dinosaurs and dragons instead of just being a boring snowball) and had a darker, more epic tone. (Team mates actually died instead of retreating for repairs, for instance)

Why does nobody like Sunshine?!?!? Personally Sunshine is the best 3d mario game.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
curl-6 said:

For me, I'd say:

S.Peelman said:
- Star Fox < Star Fox 64
BasilZero said:

Why does nobody like Sunshine?!?!? Personally Sunshine is the best 3d mario game.

I can only speak for myself but..

.- The worlds weren't full of interesting things to find like Mario 64, or ingenius in their platforming design like Galaxy 1 & 2.

- The tropical theme was monotonous and got old fast.

- The music was pretty lame and not up to series standards.

maverick40 said:

Implying the first one wasn't good? :p