By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most improved sequels

SuperMarioWorld said:
Otakumegane said:
SSB to SSBM
SML to SM64

huh? Super Mario Land was on gameboy

Derp sry SMW.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Hyperdimension neptune Mk2

Player2 said:

Final Fantasy VIII - Final Fantasy IX

A final fantasy that was not really a final fantasy was better than one of the definitive final fantasy titles ? it was an imrpoved rpg, not an imrpoved FF

ishiki said:
Devil May Cry 2 --> Devil May Cry 3 (This is mainly because 2 was so bad).

Not only because of that. DMC 3 was (and is) simply unmatched

-Red Dead Redemption, probably the biggest jump of quality of all time. from a game that was forgettable and nobody played to one of the greatest games of all time
- uncharted 2
- killzone2
- assassin's creed 2

Final Fantasy XIII-2. Not that I believe XIII was bad, but XIII-2 felt a lot more like Final Fantasy then XIII did.

Around the Network

The best possible answer is Baldur's Gate > Baldur's Gate 2. The sheer jump in quality is astounding. Everything is bigger. Everything is better. The expansion is better. The core gameplay is better. The characters are better. The story is better. More classes. More abilities. More spells. Dragons. Vampires.

Baldur's Gate/ Tales of the Sword Coast is a good game. Its not an amazing game. Its not outstanding.

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn/ Throne of Bhaal is in the Top 3 games of all time. Arguably the greatest RPG ever.

S.Peelman said:

- Warcraft < Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness < Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
- SimCity 2000 < SimCity 3000 < SimCity 4
- Age of Empires < Age of Empires II

Wonderful choices.  I also vote for all of these.

Also going to throw my vote in for SSB -> SSBM.

And one that no-one has seemed to mention so far: Ratchet & Clank 1 -> Ratchet & Clank 2.  Difference is night and day.  They missed the mark with the first game, but the second is outstanding.

Assassins Creed to Assassins Creed 2
It was like they took a list of every fault reviewers mentioned and eradicated it from the game. Huge difference.

F-Zero X
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Halo 2
Grand Theft Auto 2
Mario Party 2
Pokémon Red/Blue/Green version
Pokémon Stadium
Banjo-Kazooie

The most notable jump would be the one from F-Zero X to GX though.

Dino Crisis 3