By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most improved sequels

Gta3 >Gta 2
gta2 was alright,but nothing special,gta3 was revolutionary

AC2
Assassins Creed 1 was pretty boring and I'm pretty sure it only sold well because of Jade Raymond and the way she looks.ac 2 was really good.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
SSB to SSBM
SML to SM64

huh? Super Mario Land was on gameboy

FFXII after FFXI and thus probably FFXV after FFXIV, but who knows.

Chunli said:

Sequel on the right.

Jennifer Aniston -> Angelina Jolie
Cameron Diaz -> Jessica Biel

not fair though. Jenn is 6 years older and Angelina is aging terribly. If you compared em both at lets say 35 yrs old Jenn blows her out of the water.

similar age thing with Cam and Biel. however i do agree Diaz has nothing on Biel at any age.

The better game is on the right, kind of a hard question though because I more often then not find sequels to be less than their predecessors . Sorted by Nintendo/Sony/Sega/PC platforms:

- Super Mario World - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Super Mario Kart - Star Fox
- Crash Bandicoot - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Mortal Kombat
- Warcraft - SimCity 2000 - Star Wars Dark Forces - Age of Empires

Around the Network

I find most sequels to be better in some areas and worse in others, it's not often that there really is a massive jump in quality, at least in modern gaming.

Uncharted>Uncharted 2
Killzone>Killzone 2

Hands down

Kingdom Hearts - Kingdom Hearts II
SSB - SSBM
Pokemon R/B/Y - Pokemon G/S/C

Hmm, I would vote for Assassin's Creed II. The first had a great narrative, but the gamplay was very repetitive. Assassin's Creed II is one of the best games of this generation.

Regarding Final Fantasy... I don't think that they do not fall under the category "Sequel". Apart from proper sequels like compilation of Final Fantasy 7, FF 4 the after years, FF 12 Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy X-2 and the Final Fantasy XIII-Trilogy.

Each numbered Final Fantasy has its separate story, characters and worlds. The development cycle is also considerably longer than 1 year...

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Assassins's Creed II
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Resident Evil 2(then Resident Evil 3)
God of war 2(then God of War 3)