By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox to release this June!?

Is this a good idea?

Yes 40 25.97%

No 114 74.03%

Total:154

http://isitgaming.blogspot.com/2013/02/xbox-720-could-release-this-june.html

According to The Sun, the next Xbox could possibly release as soon as June. If this is true then it would put it months ahead of Sony's PS4 as that is schedule to release near the holidays. It would also mean a very short announce-to-release window for Microsoft. Could they pull a Sega and reveal the next Xbox and say "it goes on sale tomorrow"!?

I say this is unlikely. The Sun isn't exactly the most reliable of sources and their track record is pretty spotty. More reliable rumors point to an Xbox reveal sometime between March and April. This would put its announcement weeks after the PS4 which could put Microsoft at a disadvantage in terms of media coverage.

Around the Network

As long as we don't get another RROD then it would be a good Idea.

lol lol lol no way.

I stopped reading after "according to The Sun"

Let me save you all a lot (or a little) time. It's not coming out in June, okay? It's just not.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
I stopped reading after "according to The Sun"

This.

Heck no. That would be stupid. Did Sega do that with Dreamcast? Announce it and release it the next day?

lol released right at e3???

This just in: According to the Moon: The sun has tilted in a 90 degree angle that makes it's sense of time off by about 6 months.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

If they learned something from SEGA, then they wont.

If they announce the console in one month and have games ready to ship by June, i can see them profiting from the E3 show and releasing it. It would be a master move to 1-up the competition that Microsoft is always ruthless on. Actually, i believe this rumor. Its generally terrible news to Nintendo and Sony as the lead Nintendo gets will be small and they will gain a lead on Sony from the off-set once again. Its devious, and it has Microsoft all over it.

Maybe the countdown on Major nelson is for the release of the console...

Personally, i hope it isnt true though. I'd hate to see microsoft gaining an edge over the competition. I'm well pissed off at them after the 360.