By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox to release this June!?

Is this a good idea?

Yes 40 25.97%

No 114 74.03%

Total:154
NightDragon83 said:
zumnupy10 said:
Contrary to what most people are saying in this thread, I think it would be a good idea.

Would Third-parties have their games ready for a summer release ?

Your question pretty much answers why it would be a bad idea.

LOL! I was gonna come her and explain to people why it would be a retarded idea. But seems like they know why already but don't realize they know why yet

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
lol released right at e3???

It could work: Imagine: "Here the new MS beast, power beyond your wilddest dreams. And, by the way, it is in sotres in 2 weeks."

It would sure destroy all Nintendo plans and put good ol´Sony in a very stick situation. However, it will not likely happen,.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

fillet said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
Heck no. That would be stupid. Did Sega do that with Dreamcast? Announce it and release it the next day?

No, but they did it with the Saturn. Sega had original set the release date in the fall, but in responce to Sony's anouncement of their plans for the Playstation Sega made a surprise anouncement at E3 that it would go on sale the following "Saturn-day ". Retailers got pissed because they didn't get the stock they were promised, KB Toys dropped Sega all together and publishers were pissed because they didn't have their games ready for the launch. The Saturn ended up with only a few games on launch. The Incredible Panzer Dragoon went completely under the radar and the rushed ports of Virtua Fighter and Daytona USA were so bad Sega sent out free fixed Virtua Fighter discs and remade Daytona USA with the Sega Rally engine and released it with the subtitle Championship Curcuit Edition.

Sega of America was the worst thing to happen to Sega. Bernie Stolar was the president of Sega of America during the Saturn's rise and fall, he ruined the company. He originaly worked for Sony and Working Designs hated the guy so much that they chose the Saturn over the Playstation. But then he left Sony and switched over to Sega. Working Designs finished up their last game for the Saturn which turned out to be the last US Saturn release and switched over to Playstation just to get away from Bernie Stolar.

Bernie Stolar was fired the day after the Dreamcast launched after pissing off Sega of Japan for setting the Dreamcast's starting price so low $199.99. But the damage was done and even though the Dreamcast did everything right and still stands as one of the greatest video game consoles of all time, Sega was forced to leave the hardware market.

Usually agree with your posts, but this is full of misinformation, anecdotal heresay, misinterpretation and flat out untruths from start to finish.

I will admit that I was going completely off my memory of the olden days, but that's pretty much how I remember it happening. I didn't wiki it, I lived it and this is how I remember it. Bernie Stolar drove Sega of America into the ground and then the Dreamcast got killed by the shadow of the PS2 thanks to Sony's unfulfilled promises of it's power. My memory may be tainted by my love of Sega and melancholie for the loss of one of the great Hardware companies. I wathced it happen and I couldn't believe people ignored all the incredible games Sega offered.

Oh and anecdotal heresay is the cornerstone of "recorded" history. Any time anything can be interpreted someone will disagree but that doesn't mean it's misinterpreted. As for you claim of untruths and missinformation, well, that's just how I remember it happening.

WagnerPaiva said:
theprof00 said:
lol released right at e3???

It could work: Imagine: "Here the new MS beast, power beyond your wilddest dreams. And, by the way, it is in sotres in 2 weeks."

It would sure destroy all Nintendo plans and put good ol´Sony in a very stick situation. However, it will not likely happen,.

Thing is, it would release,

-nobody would know about it except gamers,
-sudden market confusion since it's called just 'xbox' without warming the public up to the namebrand,
-billions spent on oprah, jimmy kimmel, beyonce to try and inform everyone,

-releasing in a portion of the year after people have spent their tax returns,
-in a period when jobs are down....
-when people want to be outside, not inside playing a 500$ console,
-with no announced big game coming out,
-with GTA5 coming out in September on everything BUT the new xbox,
-while winding down its sales burst,
-and getting hit with a full year of hyped ps4 right at holiday november that people are saving money for.
-not to mention competing with their own cheap 360, and ps3 alternatives

Talk about instant failure.

if so it would be the ultimate one up/pulling the wool over eyes i've ever seen. and i say that because Sonys PS meeting which is rumored to showcase PS4. .

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
zumnupy10 said:
Contrary to what most people are saying in this thread, I think it would be a good idea.

Would Third-parties have their games ready for a summer release ?

Your question pretty much answers why it would be a bad idea.

Releasing before your main competitor is always great.   I just pointed one of the reasons why they won't do it.

Another reason is that MS probably wouldn't be able to manufacture the amount of consoles necessary for a US launch.   Foxconn is full of work right now, having to make Wii U and likely PS4 as well.

quite a lot of talk of the failure any sort of launch of the next xbox will be in here in the shadow of the mighty ps4... I think a lot of people are overestimating the true balance of hype between the systems given the market share right now, The playstation announcement on the 20th is just going to be to calm down investors and try and gauge the exact amount of public interest is in the playstation brand, it's not the final nail on the 720s coffin as some would believe.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

man-bear-pig said:
I stopped reading after "according to The Sun"

Thats what I do when I read "Zelda informer" or "fox"

ganoncrotch said:
quite a lot of talk of the failure any sort of launch of the next xbox will be in here in the shadow of the mighty ps4... I think a lot of people are overestimating the true balance of hype between the systems given the market share right now, The playstation announcement on the 20th is just going to be to calm down investors and try and gauge the exact amount of public interest is in the playstation brand, it's not the final nail on the 720s coffin as some would believe.

Nobody has said that. It's the beginning of the hype train.

This is just standard practice for releasing a new console properly. MS will announce its console months and months in advance as well. Releasing 2 weeks after announcement WOULD be suicide.

maximrace said:
Lol at the sonyfans. Lauching right after the sony event would be a great move. Everybody would be wow the new playstation. Than msft: Hey guys this is our console ( presentation) it releases next month. Bam everybody talks about the xbox AND can get it. Bye ps4 hype

Sega tried an early launch with the Saturn and it blew up in their faces. For MS to do something like this they'd have 3rd parties and retailers in on it. Sega didn't and they were never able to recover from it as a hardware manufacturer.  If 3rd parties and Retailers were in on such a launch. We'd know about it by now. The Sun is just blowing smoke.