By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox to release this June!?

Is this a good idea?

Yes 40 25.97%

No 114 74.03%

Total:154
maximrace said:
Lol at the sonyfans. Lauching right after the sony event would be a great move. Everybody would be wow the new playstation. Than msft: Hey guys this is our console ( presentation) it releases next month. Bam everybody talks about the xbox AND can get it. Bye ps4 hype

Hello general public unawareness

Around the Network

M$'s big E3 press conference bombshell... NexBox on sale IMMEDIATELY!!!*

*Available at 2 retailers at a launch price of $699 w/ 2 games.

/Saturn comparison.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I'll wait until the Moon reports something about it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

NightDragon83 said:
M$'s big E3 press conference bombshell... NexBox on sale IMMEDIATELY!!!*

*Available at 2 retailers at a launch price of $699 w/ 2 games.

/Saturn comparison.

with a 2 year subscription

It would be quite hilarious if MS announced that the NexBox would come out the day after their Conference is finished. I can just see all of those people getting up from their seats in the Conference and then going to the nearest BestBuy/GameStop to stand in line.

Around the Network

Contrary to what most people are saying in this thread, I think it would be a good idea.

Would Third-parties have their games ready for a summer release ?

zumnupy10 said:
Contrary to what most people are saying in this thread, I think it would be a good idea.

Would Third-parties have their games ready for a summer release ?

Your question pretty much answers why it would be a bad idea.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Hawkeyejonjon said:
Heck no. That would be stupid. Did Sega do that with Dreamcast? Announce it and release it the next day?

No, but they did it with the Saturn. Sega had original set the release date in the fall, but in responce to Sony's anouncement of their plans for the Playstation Sega made a surprise anouncement at E3 that it would go on sale the following "Saturn-day ". Retailers got pissed because they didn't get the stock they were promised, KB Toys dropped Sega all together and publishers were pissed because they didn't have their games ready for the launch. The Saturn ended up with only a few games on launch. The Incredible Panzer Dragoon went completely under the radar and the rushed ports of Virtua Fighter and Daytona USA were so bad Sega sent out free fixed Virtua Fighter discs and remade Daytona USA with the Sega Rally engine and released it with the subtitle Championship Curcuit Edition.

Sega of America was the worst thing to happen to Sega. Bernie Stolar was the president of Sega of America during the Saturn's rise and fall, he ruined the company. He originaly worked for Sony and Working Designs hated the guy so much that they chose the Saturn over the Playstation. But then he left Sony and switched over to Sega. Working Designs finished up their last game for the Saturn which turned out to be the last US Saturn release and switched over to Playstation just to get away from Bernie Stolar.

Bernie Stolar was fired the day after the Dreamcast launched after pissing off Sega of Japan for setting the Dreamcast's starting price so low $199.99. But the damage was done and even though the Dreamcast did everything right and still stands as one of the greatest video game consoles of all time, Sega was forced to leave the hardware market.

I would have to question a person's intelligence to even entertain the possibility of a release in the summer, due to it being a drought spot for game releases and not a time when many consoles are sold.

kain_kusanagi said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
Heck no. That would be stupid. Did Sega do that with Dreamcast? Announce it and release it the next day?

No, but they did it with the Saturn. Sega had original set the release date in the fall, but in responce to Sony's anouncement of their plans for the Playstation Sega made a surprise anouncement at E3 that it would go on sale the following "Saturn-day ". Retailers got pissed because they didn't get the stock they were promised, KB Toys dropped Sega all together and publishers were pissed because they didn't have their games ready for the launch. The Saturn ended up with only a few games on launch. The Incredible Panzer Dragoon went completely under the radar and the rushed ports of Virtua Fighter and Daytona USA were so bad Sega sent out free fixed Virtua Fighter discs and remade Daytona USA with the Sega Rally engine and released it with the subtitle Championship Curcuit Edition.

Sega of America was the worst thing to happen to Sega. Bernie Stolar was the president of Sega of America during the Saturn's rise and fall, he ruined the company. He originaly worked for Sony and Working Designs hated the guy so much that they chose the Saturn over the Playstation. But then he left Sony and switched over to Sega. Working Designs finished up their last game for the Saturn which turned out to be the last US Saturn release and switched over to Playstation just to get away from Bernie Stolar.

Bernie Stolar was fired the day after the Dreamcast launched after pissing off Sega of Japan for setting the Dreamcast's starting price so low $199.99. But the damage was done and even though the Dreamcast did everything right and still stands as one of the greatest video game consoles of all time, Sega was forced to leave the hardware market.

Usually agree with your posts, but this is full of misinformation, anecdotal heresay, misinterpretation and flat out untruths from start to finish. Half thinking it must be a joke post but not sure? No offense intended by my comment but I followed gaming news more around this time than now and none of this stuff made news around that time, or later.

Everyone knows Datona was awful, but that's because the Saturn was generally awful at 3D. The 2nd Datona came out way after the first and was in no way a replacement for "Datona USA" stinky mess that ran at sub 30fps.

The Saturn didn't go on sale the day after it was announced.

...More i type, more it must be a joke.