By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox to release this June!?

Is this a good idea?

Yes 40 25.97%

No 114 74.03%

Total:154

Source the Sun LOL No.

Around the Network

No.

Needs time to simmer and build up demand.

They will need E3 to fully disclose it and get free press.

Both new consoles will see retails shelves in Q4 is my opinion.

riderz13371 said:
I think this is false.

I think you might be correct.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I think it would be a great idea as long as they learn from Sega. Sega's mistake was that they released Saturn with very little backing. It pissed off retailers that didn't know about the launch, 3rd parties didn't know about it, and it gave Sony time to react by releasing the PS at a cheaper price.

If Microsoft let all retailers and 3rd parties know about this plan in advance and actually had good launch games then it could work very well. Unlike with the PS, Sony wouldn't be able to react price-wise because of their financial state. It would allow Durango to get a good 3-5 month head start on Orbis in the U.S. Also, if rumors are true about Orbis not making 2013 in Europe...that could be a huge 9 month or so advantage there.

Around the Network

no way they will launch it in the summer lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

*Sound Of Rain said:

I think it would be a great idea as long as they learn from Sega. Sega's mistake was that they released Saturn with very little backing. It pissed off retailers that didn't know about the launch, 3rd parties didn't know about it, and it gave Sony time to react by releasing the PS at a cheaper price.

If Microsoft let all retailers and 3rd parties know about this plan in advance and actually had good launch games then it could work very well. Unlike with the PS, Sony wouldn't be able to react price-wise because of their financial state. It would allow Durango to get a good 3-5 month head start on Orbis in the U.S. Also, if rumors are true about Orbis not making 2013 in Europe...that could be a huge 9 month or so advantage there.

HAHAHA you're a cloud!!!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

No, that's the worst possible time of year to launch a new console and MS are fully aware. It would be funny as hell though; POW!

ps3-sales! said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

HAHAHA you're a cloud!!!

My cloud looks like its been smoking too much and awesome at the same time and your just jealous, HA!

No, we know nothing official about it at all and if anything i want Microsoft to release a more reliable product this time, nothing like RROD again, thanks. Something that would of been fixed had they tested it properly. Also, Microsoft should release it when game developers can release games for it. I don't want to see a massive launch and then few new games for the 6 months afterwards, like the 3DS had.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018