By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox to release this June!?

Is this a good idea?

Yes 40 25.97%

No 114 74.03%

Total:154

Microsoft E3 conference speaker: "...and that's our new console everyone. We have just one more thing before we close tonight. One more guest. A very special guest tonight. Everybody give a grand welcome to Oprah!!!!!"

Oprah: "Everyone check under your seats"

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:

It could work: Imagine: "Here the new MS beast, power beyond your wilddest dreams. And, by the way, it is in sotres in 2 weeks."

It would sure destroy all Nintendo plans and put good ol´Sony in a very stick situation. However, it will not likely happen,.

I initially thought no, but that is actually a good point, especially if the 3rd party are involved and ready for launch.

With digital distribution, they could ship easy to sell cards to the retailers that were then vouchers for games.  So they keep the retailers happy, and have instant mass shipping of games.

I think that will happen.  Where it will happen on this upcoming gen, I think not.  But I can see a day where someone announces a system, and within a very short time period everyone is downloading games very quickly.

Microsoft tends to take risk, and do things in an unorthodox way.        

PS As far as the RROD, it surprises me that people forget in 2010 they launch an updated console, that hit stores the next day, and has had greater reliability and many of it’s competitors.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Chark said:
Microsoft E3 conference speaker: "...and that's our new console everyone. We have just one more thing before we close tonight. One more guest. A very special guest tonight. Everybody give a grand welcome to Oprah!!!!!"

Oprah: "Everyone check under your seats"

If the Sun said it, it must be true?

theprof00 said:

-with GTA5 coming out in September on everything BUT the new xbox, .

Your best point.

There are four games that I want this year: South Park, Beyon, The last of us and GTA5.

The thing is, while these first three will sell a couple of million units each, GTA5 will sell probably 20 million on both consoles (PS3 and Xbox360). Such a massive game will indeed steal the thunder out of pretty much anything.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
theprof00 said:

-with GTA5 coming out in September on everything BUT the new xbox, .

Your best point.

There are four games that I want this year: South Park, Beyon, The last of us and GTA5.

The thing is, while these first three will sell a couple of million units each, GTA5 will sell probably 20 million on both consoles (PS3 and Xbox360). Such a massive game will indeed steal the thunder out of pretty much anything.

It's not one point that makes the argument, it's a pie chart of small reasons like hurdles that results in decreasing week over week sales, culminating in a brand new fully hyped system release.

Zappykins said:
WagnerPaiva said:

It could work: Imagine: "Here the new MS beast, power beyond your wilddest dreams. And, by the way, it is in sotres in 2 weeks."

It would sure destroy all Nintendo plans and put good ol´Sony in a very stick situation. However, it will not likely happen,.

I initially thought no, but that is actually a good point, especially if the 3rd party are involved and ready for launch.

With digital distribution, they could ship easy to sell cards to the retailers that were then vouchers for games.  So they keep the retailers happy, and have instant mass shipping of games.

I think that will happen.  Where it will happen on this upcoming gen, I think not.  But I can see a day where someone announces a system, and within a very short time period everyone is downloading games very quickly.

PS As far as the RROD, it surprises me that people forget in 2010 they launch an updated console, that hit stores the next day, and has had greater reliability and many of it’s competitors.

You can't compare launching a slim model with a launch of a brand new console. for a new console  the less rushed it is the the better and that's because no matter whats gone before it's a new product and every launch comes with it's own set of teething problems ranging from the small to RROD something I'm sure MS would not like to see  repeated and blamed on a premature launch .  as to the 360 slim  it had been in the design phase for quite sometime and  when they where ready to change over to the newer design MS simply made sure there was enough old stock in the supply chain to do them till production was at optimum numbers and since it was just an update to an existing product nothing much had to change the retailers new about the pricing and design beforehand all they had to do was order as usual .

btw I would like a link for your reliability claim versus it's competitors .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Zappykins said:

Good point, it makes a lot of sense.

About the failure rates of Xbox360, it will probabley never happen again, Miicrosoft surelly took to heart the bitter lesson that teached them and will not release another faulty hardware. By the way, I have a Xbox360 jasper and a PS3 slim, both 3 years old and never gave me any trouble.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

VGKing said:
maximrace said:
Lol at the sonyfans. Lauching right after the sony event would be a great move. Everybody would be wow the new playstation. Than msft: Hey guys this is our console ( presentation) it releases next month. Bam everybody talks about the xbox AND can get it. Bye ps4 hype

Yeah that worked so well for Sega.

Sega isnt MS

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

They need at least 3 months of production time to have a bear minimum launch.

Sooooo they would have to start in March. Doubt it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.