By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom explains why 'Resident Evil Revelations' isn’t coming to PS Vita

Cause he doesn't think It'll sell on the Vita, obviously.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Around the Network

Resident Evil games have sold really well on PlayStation platforms so I don't know why they wouldn't put it on the Vita. I know the Vita doesn't have a lot of hardware sold but I think people will def buy a RE on a handheld with dual analog sticks.

Kasz216 said:
disolitude said:
pezus said:
Basically, they're too lazy

Anyone not willing to work for free is too lazy by that definition...

Or really, considering vit  it makes it more, pretty much anybody not willing to pay someone money to let them work is lazy.

"You don't want to spend 10 dollars to make cupcakes that I will buy two for for two dollars, the rest ending up in the dump!   You lazy bastards!"

Well yeah...if you pinpoint it to the precise meaning of lazyness implied by this circumstance, that's it.

RazorDragon said:
Kaizar said:
Scisca said:
Kaizar said:
Scisca said:
Kaizar, from the Spiderman comparison the 3DS is much closer to the Wii in every single aspect than to the PS360. Now remember that the Vita GPU is actually better than the PS3. It's worse at poligon number. And about the shaders, if 3DS is better, then why do games released approx. 2 years after the launch of 3DS look worse than the launch titles on the Vita?
And trust me, if 3DS was even comparable in any single category to the Vita, Nintendo wouldn't wait a heartbeat to inform us about it.

Nano Assault, a 3DS exclusive, release 2011.

The GameCube has more then 20 million polygons.

The Wii has somewhere from 50 to 100 million Polygons.

So you have just admitted that 3DS has more Polygons then the Wii.

No. I have admitted that this Spiderman game looks a little bit better on 3DS than on the Wii, but is nowhere near the PS360 version. The Wii version of this game looks like crap even for a Wii game and is no benchmark for the Wii's capacities. At the time of it's release Wii games were selling so bad that the devs couldn't care less to try to push the hardware or make the game look good. If you're trying to imply that this Wii game is set aroung a 100 million polygons, then you must either have us for complete idiots or are a master at fooling yourself.

Assume that Wii is capable of 50 million out of your 50 - 100 million range. Now think that this game uses around 60% (this is generous, cause it looks like crap) of it's capacities - that gives us 30 million polies on the Wii version.

Now let's assume the 3DS version is using a higher % of the 3DS capabilities, since the devs actually have interest in pushing the hardware and discovering everything it offers and thus has 35 million out of possible the +/-40 million...

Incredible... This is a proof! Just as strong a proof as what you put in your signature!

I'd love to see the look on your face should Kojima finally announce that this is a Vita game and this is what 130 millions of polygons looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfajBs2nyQ

You must be misunderstanding me.

I said that the 3DS Polygon count is clearly higher then the Wii Polygon Count.

And that we all know that the GameCube displays over 20 million Polygons.

And that the Wii clearly has at least 4-5 times the Polygons as the GameCube.

And as I said: the 3DS clearly has more Polygons then the Wii, which puts it at just over 100 million Polygons.

And about the PS Vita GPU:

First announced in January, Imagination Technologies' Series5XT SGX IP is based on a second-generation Universal Scalable Shader Engine (USSE2), delivering "significantly better throughput" than the earlier Series5 USSE shader engine. It's said the architecture scales from 100MHz to 400MHz "and beyond," delivering performance of 35 million polygons per second and a pixel fill rate of one gigapixel per second when running at a mid-range 200MHz.

So either the PS Vita only displays 35 million polygons & the 3DS only 15.3 million polygons, OR there is some info about GPUs being left out about these 2 Handhelds.

Also is there any Vita games that have graphics like "Nano Assault"? (I like to compare)

Maybe Super Stardust HD:

However Nano Assault looks miles better.

Thank you!

And maybe the reason why the 3DS game has more better looking graphics in this scenario, is maybe because of the Shader Cores.

Chark said:
Kaizar said:

And about the PS Vita GPU:

First announced in January, Imagination Technologies' Series5XT SGX IP is based on a second-generation Universal Scalable Shader Engine (USSE2), delivering "significantly better throughput" than the earlier Series5 USSE shader engine. It's said the architecture scales from 100MHz to 400MHz "and beyond," delivering performance of 35 million polygons per second and a pixel fill rate of one gigapixel per second when running at a mid-range 200MHz.

So either the PS Vita only displays 35 million polygons & the 3DS only 15.3 million polygons, OR there is some info about GPUs being left out about these 2 Handhelds.

Also is there any Vita games that have graphics like "Nano Assault"? (I like to compare)

Because you like posting the same thing in two threads I figured I'b bring this over here too :P

The Vita has 4 of those cores, not just one. So here's math. 35 million x 4 cores = 140 million x 95% efficiency = 133 million

Doesn't the Vertex performence depend on vertex pipelines and NOT cores?

i.e. if a single core has 7 or so vertex pipelines.

Could someone explain how vertex performence works?

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

I believe vertex performance is the standard for determining polygons/s for GPU performance. Cores have pipelines that determine speeds or transfer rates or something that would determine how powerful a GPU actually is? At least I think, I'm not that familiar.

So if you can interchange vertex performance with polygon/s yield of a GPU or system. Remember though that vertex performance is the theoretical load of displaying only polygons and nothing else, so real game polygons will be something entirely different. For instance, Uncharted Golden Abyss runs 7.8 million polygons/s even though Vita's vertex performance is 133 million. Just like PS3 and 360 are never getting close to their 250-500 million range or whatever those are.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I still don't get why they are even porting this game to home consoles to begin with...
It's a great handheld game (one of my favorites ever)...
I just don't see how the appeal will be there when played on a home console, unless a lot of changes are made...

Have a nice day...

Chark said:
Kaizar said:

I believe vertex performance is the standard for determining polygons/s for GPU performance. Cores have pipelines that determine speeds or transfer rates or something that would determine how powerful a GPU actually is? At least I think, I'm not that familiar.

So if you can interchange vertex performance with polygon/s yield of a GPU or system. Remember though that vertex performance is the theoretical load of displaying only polygons and nothing else, so real game polygons will be something entirely different. For instance, Uncharted Golden Abyss runs 7.8 million polygons/s even though Vita's vertex performance is 133 million. Just like PS3 and 360 are never getting close to their 250-500 million range or whatever those are.

Thanks for giving me what knowledge you have on Vertex & Vertex Pipelines.

I have read on Wikipedia of single-core GPUs having multiple Vertex Pipelines, so it got me curious.

Well, if anyone knows more about Vertex Pipelines and so fort, then please explain.

leedlelee said:
I still don't get why they are even porting this game to home consoles to begin with...
It's a great handheld game (one of my favorites ever)...
I just don't see how the appeal will be there when played on a home console, unless a lot of changes are made...

I agree.

And the only thing that is different is the multiplayer mode. (Raid Mode)

But I think it has to do with that New Resident Evil 3DS exclusive, that is coming. Maybe it's a Sequel to Revelations.

I know that, many months after Sega announced Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure 2 as a Wii U exclusive, well they then ported the first one to download for free in monochromatic 2D 30 refresh rate, Stereo audio VS. the original Stereoscopic 3D 180 refresh rate (60 fps per image), 6 speaker sound audio version (but there's a free demo for the gameplay mechanics part of the game)

So maybe it's a Sequel for Revelation, which would explain Revelations getting ported.

Like how they ported Monster Hunter 3 to the 3DS & Wii U, to help promote the Sequel which is a 3DS exclusive...........unless they still don't have a big enough fan base of the Franchise after all that when they need to come out with Monster Hunter 5 as a 9th generation system exclusive, LOL but typical marketing from Capcom & Sega and the sorts.

I should add that Microsoft made the 360 to make it so more Game System games get ported to the PC. So if it doesn't come to the 360 but comes on other systems, then it won't come to PC. (unless it's an MMORPG)

KylieDog said:
Kaizar said:

FYI the 3DS is getting a 3rd Resident Evil exclusive, that is said by Capcom to be much more better then Revelations. And the 3DS still has Mercenaries which is the first 3DS exclusive, which is good for fans of such games as Call of Duty & Battlefield & so fort.

Stuff.

Capcom announced it during April 2012 or earlier.

It had something to do with fan feedback of Resident Evil: Revelations or something like that.

They even said that it had already started Pre-Production. (and so soon after release of Revelations)

But I guess you would rather have other people look it up for you.

FYI if you like games like "Call of Duty" & Battlefield & so fort, then you will love the first Resident Evil 3DS exclusive, which is known as "Resident Evil: Mercenaries".