By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom explains why 'Resident Evil Revelations' isn’t coming to PS Vita

Nice to see a company making a bullshit excuse to ignore a non-Nintendo platform.

Is this a first?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

who cares,the resident evil series is dead 2 me. Everything after resident evil 4 has just been terrible. 5 sucked. I played the leon campaign in resident evil 6,when it first came out and haven't touched it in months.

Kynes said:

This gif explains it all.

Hilarious.

Kaizar said:

And the PC is 13 inches & up, right in front of you. Vs. the 5 inch Vita screen. At least the 3D quote draws you in like playing on your PC monitor & HD TV.

He said draw gamers into the game. Without 3D that just leaves PC monitors right in front of you & HD TVs for 2D gaming.

But at the end of the day Capcom does have gaming reasons why not to bring it to the Vita. (not money reasons for this Port with improve multiplayer, maybe they just wanted actual HD graphics, which the PS Vita & Wii 2006 doesn't have)

So Capcom just wants beautiful visuals according to you, which still leads to 3D Graphics & HD Graphics, which both the Wii (2006) & PS Vita, still has neither of.

The Modern Home Consoles & PC offers HD gaming & the 3DS offers guarantee 3D gaming, while the Wii & PS Vita visually doesn't offer anything unique from PSP & GameCube except more Polygons.

Plus why do people care that the Vita displays up to 17.7 million more polygons then the 3DS for a Handheld? (the 3rd Party Devs have the Final Final Dev Kit to both Handhelds)

Is the 3D making you crossed eyed? (just joking, 3D doesn't do that) But you aren't reading what I wrote. Vita has almost 10 times the polygons as 3DS, 133 million total, not 17 million more. The 3DS only does 15 million polygons. that's 118 million more on Vita.

3D does not offer better visuals neccessarily. While the 3DS's  3D effect does add something, it is very limited as it cuts the resolution to 120p and limits your viewing distance for ideal effect. The 3DS has a small screen, 3.5". Even the XL is only 4.88" put still only does 240p or 120p with 3D on.

Of all the current systems the 3DS is the worst one to use if visuals are the aim and the 3D does not make up for that magically and in fact could make it worse because 120p resolution is quite low. The 3DS makes up for that by being so close to your face.

The Vita is also close to your face but has 540p. The typical pc monitor is viewed a little farther and counts for around 3 times the size of the Vita, so if the game runs at 720p or 1080p it is going to look good but take a look at the graph.

Obviously the Vita's 5" screen isn't on here, but extend the blue 480p line and 5" should land around the  1 foot distance level. Vita at 540p held at playing distance, about a foot, should provide an optimal resolution to make it almost unnoticable if it was at 720p or higher. Compare that to my 37" tv at a distance of 5 feet and I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, but most games don't run at 1080p so I get more optimization out of the Vita.

Essentially, the Vita has a PPI of 221 which rivals laptops and is better than tvs. Only HD phones with smaller screens top that normally. The 3DS is lower than the PSP.

The Vita is optimal for running a game that is on the 360/PS3/Wii U/PC. What Mike Lunn said has nothing to do with the actual reason it isn't on Vita, as it would look fine on Vita. The game was originally made for a handheld and the new graphics are in line with what the Vita can handle. He was just trying to defend Capcom's decision, not answer Vita owners's questions.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Kynes said:
He should have said the truth: "It's going to sell a low number of units on Vita, so it makes no financial sense for us"

This

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Nice to see a company making a bullshit excuse to ignore a non-Nintendo platform.

Is this a first?

oldschoolfool said:
who cares,the resident evil series is dead 2 me. Everything after resident evil 4 has just been terrible. 5 sucked. I played the leon campaign in resident evil 6,when it first came out and haven't touched it in months.

Actually Resident Evil 4 (GameCube) & Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) are the top 2 best Resident Evil games ever made.

Just play the Free Demo in the eShop for Revelations.

But yeah, Resident Evil 5 & 6 suck, especially 5.

J_Allard said:
Kynes said:

This gif explains it all.

Hilarious.

Yes, it does say it all.

If its not HD, then it better be 3D, and if its neither then it can go f**k itself.

And both the Wii & PS Vita get the smallest 3rd Party support for doing so. Sad but true.

The 3rd Parties have spoken. Give them HD and/or 3D, or give them death, LOL.

Keep in mind the Wii U has all ready sold more than half as many units as the ps vita and its only been out for 2 months.

also the software sales on the wii u are about half as much as the vita's

Chark said:
Kaizar said:

And the PC is 13 inches & up, right in front of you. Vs. the 5 inch Vita screen. At least the 3D quote draws you in like playing on your PC monitor & HD TV.

He said draw gamers into the game. Without 3D that just leaves PC monitors right in front of you & HD TVs for 2D gaming.

But at the end of the day Capcom does have gaming reasons why not to bring it to the Vita. (not money reasons for this Port with improve multiplayer, maybe they just wanted actual HD graphics, which the PS Vita & Wii 2006 doesn't have)

So Capcom just wants beautiful visuals according to you, which still leads to 3D Graphics & HD Graphics, which both the Wii (2006) & PS Vita, still has neither of.

The Modern Home Consoles & PC offers HD gaming & the 3DS offers guarantee 3D gaming, while the Wii & PS Vita visually doesn't offer anything unique from PSP & GameCube except more Polygons.

Plus why do people care that the Vita displays up to 17.7 million more polygons then the 3DS for a Handheld? (the 3rd Party Devs have the Final Final Dev Kit to both Handhelds)

Is the 3D making you crossed eyed? (just joking, 3D doesn't do that) But you aren't reading what I wrote. Vita has almost 10 times the polygons as 3DS, 133 million total, not 17 million more. The 3DS only does 15 million polygons. that's 118 million more on Vita.

3D does not offer better visuals neccessarily. While the 3DS's  3D effect does add something, it is very limited as it cuts the resolution to 120p and limits your viewing distance for ideal effect. The 3DS has a small screen, 3.5". Even the XL is only 4.88" put still only does 240p or 120p with 3D on.

Of all the current systems the 3DS is the worst one to use if visuals are the aim and the 3D does not make up for that magically and in fact could make it worse because 120p resolution is quite low. The 3DS makes up for that by being so close to your face.

The Vita is also close to your face but has 540p. The typical pc monitor is viewed a little farther and counts for around 3 times the size of the Vita, so if the game runs at 720p or 1080p it is going to look good but take a look at the graph.

Obviously the Vita's 5" screen isn't on here, but extend the blue 480p line and 5" should land around the  1 foot distance level. Vita at 540p held at playing distance, about a foot, should provide an optimal resolution to make it almost unnoticable if it was at 720p or higher. Compare that to my 37" tv at a distance of 5 feet and I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, but most games don't run at 1080p so I get more optimization out of the Vita.

Essentially, the Vita has a PPI of 221 which rivals laptops and is better than tvs. Only HD phones with smaller screens top that normally. The 3DS is lower than the PSP.

The Vita is optimal for running a game that is on the 360/PS3/Wii U/PC. What Mike Lunn said has nothing to do with the actual reason it isn't on Vita, as it would look fine on Vita. The game was originally made for a handheld and the new graphics are in line with what the Vita can handle. He was just trying to defend Capcom's decision, not answer Vita owners's questions.

The 3DS PPI is also above 220 and the 2 images quality gets recombine in your mind.

And the image is 800 x 240 that gets reduce to 400 x 240 per eye in 3D. NOT 120. It's side-by-side, NOT up-by down.

And the PS vita doesn't offer neither HD nor 3D, so it gets the Wii treatment from 3rd Parties.

And the GameCube has more then 20 million Polygons.

And the Wii has somewhere from 50 to 100 million Polygons.

And the 3DS has more Polygons then the Wii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aVETRohXnrg

The last 1 to 2 minutes shows the 360 version compared to the 3DS & Wii versions at once.

And as you can see from when Spider-Man goes up the elevator when they show a bunch of skyscrapers in the background, well the 3DS clearly has its Polygon Count more closer to the 360 then Wii.

You clearly don't know any facts about the 3DS.

My video link says it all about the graphics.