By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Paper Mario ever be as good as it used to be?

Will it?

Nope its gone down the tubes. Thanks Miyamoto 26 33.77%

Yes, It will make a comeb... 31 40.26%

I Don't Know. 20 25.97%

Total:77

im thinking on getting it
i really dont trust bad opinions as are based on direct comparison with a completely different game with the same name
Like most bitched about Zelda SS, and i freaking loved it

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

No, he didn't. The series is still great. Many people here have said otherwise. The only reason why they changed it was because a lot of the Club Nintendo reviews (yes, they read those) said the story was confusing. If you want Nintendo to listen to you, post Club Nintendo reviews.

I would also like it if you put a poll option that put that we say otherwise.

Very true. I've actually heard that Nintendo look those.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
newwil7l said:
Mensrea said:
I'm a huge fan of the original two. I remember waking up at four in the morning to get a little TTYD action before school. The writing, story, locales, and RPG elements were all top notch, and I love that game to death.

Super Paper Mario was utter crap. I had super high hopes for Sticker Star, but after seeing that they took away the battle system, the level system, the lack of partners, and Miyamoto taking the story out, I realized that I would be disappointed. I'm truly angry that Miyamoto has decided to ruin everything that's good with this series. Sometimes I think he really needs to retire.

Until he is out of the picture, we will not see a good paper Mario game, and that sucks.

I agree with everything you said. Except I liked Super Paper Mario beacause it had a good story, it was just really lacking compare to its predecessors. Miyamoto ruined a great series.

No, he didn't. The series is still great. Many people here have said otherwise. The only reason why they changed it was because a lot of the Club Nintendo reviews (yes, they read those) said the story was confusing. If you want Nintendo to listen to you, post Club Nintendo reviews.

I'm making a club Nintendo account now. Oh I forgot about they poll option.

Why do people hate Super Paper Mario so much?!?

Am I the only one that liked this game????

blackstarr said:
Why do people hate Super Paper Mario so much?!?

Am I the only one that liked this game????

I liked it. Especially the amazing story. It just want as good as the 2 previous Paper Marios.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

Very true. I've actually heard that Nintendo look those.

At Xenoblade's Option for Jp Voices, I immeadately weny to ClubN and posted like a 3 page long essay about why they should give us the option of JP voices along with better english ones. I got some people on Oprainfall to do the same, and lo and behold FE:awkening has Jp voices available. I say we can start very good trends with club nintendo, they actually listen very well.

Edit: Plan on also bitching about the pre-instaled version of my awakening LE bundle. Come onnnnnn.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Super Paper Mario was my first Paper Mario, and it was awesome!!!
Sticker Star is good so far, I don't think it will disappoint. But I guess I have low expectations.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I would love either a sequel to TTYD or the original SMRPG. Of course I will probably get neither of those.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

aikohualda said:
a lot of people are complaining... about change... but on the other hand... a lot of people is saying a lot of games are not changing XD

There have been two true paper mario games. The third one was not the same. People called for a return to traditional elements and nintendo spat in their face with that filth. No one asked PM to change. NO ONE.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

newwil7l said:
NintendoPie said:
newwil7l said:
NintendoPie said:
I think Sticker Star fine. It was a funny and interesting game. (Not to mention good looking.) There is nothing wrong with it other than the fact that some people don't like change.

A Series like Paper Mario doesn't need change.

Every series needs change after awhile or you'll get people complaining about it "never changing"  and "being the same dull thing over and over."

Either way though, they're going to get criticism for what they do to the series.

They don't need to change it to the point where its not even the same game anymore.

If you go into Sticker Star knowing it's no longer a JRPG, then you won't be disappointed.  And we all should well know it wasn't going to be an RPG, as Nintendo told us what it was in the months leading up to release.  For what it is, a "sticker management/ action" game, it's fun.  The graphics, music, and the level design were classic Paper Mario, just the combat and the lack of emphasis on story and text was a shame.  It's still a good game, though.

If they make one for Wii U, I really hope they return to the JRPG roots of the first two games.  I'm not entirely certain I'd be interested in an extension of Sticker Star.  At least it wasn't as different as Super Paper Mario.  That game made me sad.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.