By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Paper Mario ever be as good as it used to be?

Will it?

Nope its gone down the tubes. Thanks Miyamoto 26 33.77%

Yes, It will make a comeb... 31 40.26%

I Don't Know. 20 25.97%

Total:77

Well their is no denying that the Paper Mario series has been tainted,with an absolutely horible game that's called Sticker Star. I also noticed that I haven't been able to completely enjoy a Paper Mario game since TTYD. This led me to think that I might never be able to play an amazing paper Mario like the first 2 again. Super Paper Mario was good but failed to deliver like its predecessors because there was no turn based battle system. Sticker Star absoloutley sucked there was a crappy story, with crappy music and the same old characters it was also ridiculously easy. Let's not forget the horrible sticker idea. The Paper Mario series used to be my favorite gaming franchise but I'm losing interest because of the increase of lackluster content in the series. I hope they can deliver another phenomal paper Mario game with the Wii U, like they did with the first 2 Paper Mario's.

Around the Network

Horrible? It's metacritic is like 75 and most people seem to enjoy I think.

Mad55 said:
Horrible? It's metacritic is like 75 and most people seem to enjoy I think.

Most people found it lackluster compare to the other titles in the series.

Can you make it clearer? Did you like PaperMario SS or not?

DieAppleDie said:
Can you make it clearer? Did you like PaperMario SS or not?

Not at all

Around the Network

I think Sticker Star fine. It was a funny and interesting game. (Not to mention good looking.) There is nothing wrong with it other than the fact that some people don't like change.

NintendoPie said:
I think Sticker Star fine. It was a funny and interesting game. (Not to mention good looking.) There is nothing wrong with it other than the fact that some people don't like change.

A Series like Paper Mario doesn't need change.

newwil7l said:
NintendoPie said:

Every series needs change after awhile or you'll get people complaining about it "never changing"  and "being the same dull thing over and over."

Either way though, they're going to get criticism for what they do to the series.

NintendoPie said:
newwil7l said:
NintendoPie said:

Every series needs change after awhile or you'll get people complaining about it "never changing"  and "being the same dull thing over and over."

Either way though, they're going to get criticism for what they do to the series.

They don't need to change it to the point where its not even the same game anymore.

First off let me say this, I'm a huge Paper Mario fan. Paper Mario 64 is literally my childhood and probably one of the first RPGs I had sat down and enjoyed. I've probably played the game hundred times by now because it's so good.

TTYD is one of my favorite Gamecube games of all time. Best RPG on the Gamecube IMO.

Super Paper Mario is very unique title on the Wii. I actually liked it unlike some people. I thought it mixed the 2D side of the Super Mario Bros. series pretty well. It's not up there with 64 and TTYD, but it's a very good game in its own right.

Now, how about Sticker Star? I freaking love this game. A lot more than Super Paper Mario. The new Sticker works perfectly and the graphics are the best I've seen in the whole series. Yes, it's lacking in some places and the characters and locations are not as memorable. The music, battle system, and graphics are top-notched. But, that doesn't stop it from being a great game. I wish more people would attempt to play this game instead of branding it as a black mark on the series, it's really good.

In all, the series is still fresh and good. I think some fans are dismissing the game simply because it's not like 64 or TTYD, like Super Paper Mario. Let me tell you this, if you go into the game expecting it to be another TTYD, you'll be disappointed. It's not an RPG, like the other games. It's more like an action-puzzle game. Coming from a huge Paper Mario, I say Sticker Star is worthy of the Paper Mario name.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3