By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Paper Mario ever be as good as it used to be?

Will it?

Nope its gone down the tubes. Thanks Miyamoto 26 33.77%

Yes, It will make a comeb... 31 40.26%

I Don't Know. 20 25.97%

Total:77

I haven't played the 3DS game so I honestly can't say if it's good or bad. But gamers tend to compare games way more than they should imo. I have seen a lot of comments from people saying the game sucks because is not as good as the predecessors and I don't like that way of thinking. Is like Super Paper Mario, a lot of people hated the game because it was not as good as the N64 or the GC one (which imo is true) but that doesn't mean the overall game is bad or that it sucks, it's a good competent game.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I don't know if it'll ever be the way it used to be. I can only hope that if there's a WiiU version it'll be like the originals.

How about instead of paper mario, we get a sequel to SMRPG from the SNES!

I do love Paper Mario N64 and TTYD. Great suprise at the end of TTYD btw!

a lot of people are complaining... about change... but on the other hand... a lot of people is saying a lot of games are not changing XD

Around the Network

I'm playing Sticker Star and am really enjoying it. It's not a bad game at all and like the changes they've made. TTYD may have been the best one, but this SS is definitely worthy of the Paper Mario name.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

I'm a huge fan of the original two. I remember waking up at four in the morning to get a little TTYD action before school. The writing, story, locales, and RPG elements were all top notch, and I love that game to death.

Super Paper Mario was utter crap. I had super high hopes for Sticker Star, but after seeing that they took away the battle system, the level system, the lack of partners, and Miyamoto taking the story out, I realized that I would be disappointed. I'm truly angry that Miyamoto has decided to ruin everything that's good with this series. Sometimes I think he really needs to retire.

Until he is out of the picture, we will not see a good paper Mario game, and that sucks.

Sticker star has been ok so far. I like the battle system, but the puzzles are sometimes obtuse, and the story hasn't been as strong as the other games so far. Far from horrible though.

As for being better than TTYD, that's a pretty high standard. TTYD was really one of the best RPGs ever, and it's going to be hard to top that in general.

Mensrea said:
I'm a huge fan of the original two. I remember waking up at four in the morning to get a little TTYD action before school. The writing, story, locales, and RPG elements were all top notch, and I love that game to death.

Super Paper Mario was utter crap. I had super high hopes for Sticker Star, but after seeing that they took away the battle system, the level system, the lack of partners, and Miyamoto taking the story out, I realized that I would be disappointed. I'm truly angry that Miyamoto has decided to ruin everything that's good with this series. Sometimes I think he really needs to retire.

Until he is out of the picture, we will not see a good paper Mario game, and that sucks.

I agree with everything you said. Except I liked Super Paper Mario beacause it had a good story, it was just really lacking compare to its predecessors. Miyamoto ruined a great series.

newwil7l said:
Mensrea said:

I agree with everything you said. Except I liked Super Paper Mario beacause it had a good story, it was just really lacking compare to its predecessors. Miyamoto ruined a great series.

No, he didn't. The series is still great. Many people here have said otherwise. The only reason why they changed it was because a lot of the Club Nintendo reviews (yes, they read those) said the story was confusing. If you want Nintendo to listen to you, post Club Nintendo reviews.

I would also like it if you put a poll option that put that we say otherwise.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3