By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Paper Mario ever be as good as it used to be?

Will it?

Nope its gone down the tubes. Thanks Miyamoto 26 33.77%

Yes, It will make a comeb... 31 40.26%

I Don't Know. 20 25.97%

Total:77
the_dengle said:
Soleron said:

Guess you didn't actually read a single thing I said. Partners do not set Paper Mario apart from other JRPGs. Neither does gaining exp through battles to grow levels.

I don't want it set apart from other JRPGs.

Not gonna read your wall of text, too angry right now.

gg successful troll is successful

Around the Network
Soleron said:
the_dengle said:

Guess you didn't actually read a single thing I said. Partners do not set Paper Mario apart from other JRPGs. Neither does gaining exp through battles to grow levels.

I don't want it set apart from other JRPGs.

Not gonna read your wall of text, too angry right now.

gg successful troll is successful

If you don't want to set it apart from other JRPGs, why not just play other JRPGs?? Like I said, ya like parties and exp points? You'll find them galore in practically every JRPG on the market.

I am not trolling, I'm trying to reason with you. You are very angry about the removal of a couple of particular things from a single game in the series. I do not believe those things are essential to the series. Imagine a Zelda fan raging that the latest game didn't have a fishing pond, how that is their favorite part of the game and the very reason they played Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Imagine a Mario platforming fan raging that 3D Land does not involve collecting stars -- or go back to 1996 and rage about Mario 64 not involving linear levels ending in a flagpole.

These are details. They are not the main draws of the games. Someone might be very upset about their exclusion from the next game, but I wonder why they didn't just play Fishing Simulator 2005 or Star Collector XD from the outset. So when I ask you what it is about Paper Mario that makes the games so appealing to you, and you tell me it's the JRPG elements of the first two games, and you don't care for paper-themed adventure gameplay (which you cannot distinguish from puzzles), I wonder what the hell got into your mind that made you think Paper Mario was a better fit for you than Final Fantasy.

I only liked Paper Mario on Wii. I was highly disappointed when I found out Paper Mario 3DS was something about stickers.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Sticker star is not horrible it just isn t a papef mario game as we use to know them maybe a soin off pr a newish ip....

Next pm will be on wii u and much better

Switch!!!

the_dengle said:
Soleron said:

Change the content. (Levels, enemies, story, music, graphics)

Keep the gameplay (genre, controls, mechanics)

Nintendo is a huge fan of changing the second while recycling the first. Not cool.

Fuck "time for a change".

I can't wait to meet "that guy" who thinks every Kirby game since his original GameBoy debut is crap because they added a gimmicky core gameplay mechanic.

Will Nintendo ever make another REAL Kirby game that is just a 2D platformer, without the power-stealing-beat-em-up gimmick?

Kirby fking Air Ride 2. Needs to happen.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)