By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ohio school board to prevent school shootings by arming their Janitors with fire arms

A school board in Ohio has decided that the best way to prevent school shootings is to arm their Janitors, but don't worry because the cutodians will have a 2 day training session before being provided with a fire arm and ask to risk their lives on behalf of everyone else. 

I have to ask does this seem like a good response to the recent shootings? Would you feel safer knowing your Janitor is packing heat? Would you prefer armed police officers walking through the hall ways at your school? What happens if the Janitor loses his head and decides to use his training to hurt kids instead? Basically is someone did want to shoot up a school all they would have to do now is sign up to be a janitor at a school at that school district and the school would provide him with the gun he could do it with. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/armed-janitors-approved-school-shootings_n_2458167.html

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

Great idea, hatmoza, you stupid fuck. It's amazing that they don't let you come near schools, yet they let you sit on a school board.

you cant be serious? this is incredibly stupid. like this is the stupidest thing i heard all month and just know i heard some really stupid shit

This is not gonna end well...

I LOVE ICELAND!

While I don't believe that guns are the cause of mass killings at schools, I also don't believe that guns are the solution to mass shootings ...

For whatever reason, people with serious mental problems are not getting treatment before they decide to commit violent acts on a large scale. Regardless of whether guns are legal, these individuals will find a way to commit violent acts unless there is intervention ahead of time. Arming people in schools may or may not limit the number of people killed when these violent crimes happen, but it does little to prevent these violent crimes.

Around the Network

Yeah save the lives of the people who you clean their shit. Yes I can see him doing that.

They have to be kidding themselves.

Solve a gun problem by giving out more guns...................................................fail

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Janitors are low level peons without and education who make 12-15 bucks an hour. This is stupid though I'm all for teachers carrying them.

Why give the janitors guns? Give them to the teachers or put police officers in their. It doesn't have to be armed to the teeth just a few officers.